Quantcast
New car, where to get 3M and undercoat? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: New car, where to get 3M and undercoat?

Default New car, where to get 3M and undercoat?

Just got a 2017 Subaru WRX guys and I opted out of their 3M and undercoat as I was under the impression that I could have it done somewhere else at a much cheaper price. I've been seeing Shadow Tint recommended here for 3M. Any other suggestions?

Also how much does Shadow Tint usually charge for their 3M? Thanks!

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Maybe u should call shadow tint for a quote. They would know best
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

Originally posted by dj_rice
    Maybe u should call shadow tint for a quote. They would know best
    Will do on Monday. They are closed already today and tomorrow. Just wanted to get an idea from people that have had 3M installed from them before

My Ride
    bus

I seen a ad on global tv that ZR auto does 3m now too.

My Ride
    C43 Coupe

I would recommend getting XPEL done instead of 3M, since it self heals in sunlight/heat. I got XPEL ultimate done on my new car from the guys at Tint Tech (based on recommendations from members here) . They were a pleasure to deal with, and had one of the most competitive prices in town. I called 4-5 shops, and they had the best prices. I am extremely pleased with the quality of their work, and they even did certain parts of my car for free. I'm not sure about other shops, but these guys also provide a lifetime warranty as well.

My Ride
    Prelude aka red rice, Lincoln Aviator

I took my F-150 to Country Hills Toyota's detail shop (Country Hills Auto Spa) for PPF and undercoating. They were the best price out of the maybe 5 shops I called and everything turned out good.

I have all my 3m work done at The Auto Protectors just off Manchester road. Usually about $625 to do a 24" section of the hood, plus the full front bumper, section of the fenders, headlights, fog lights, and mirrors.

I've bought all my cars there, they've been really good. They also do a paint protectant thing and under coating and rust proofing too if you're interested.

Tint Tech is where I go to for tint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Arash reminds me of Mar but I can't tell which one is more stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

My Ride
    growls

I'll do the undercoating for $290 at a dealership. We do 3m as well but I need more info on what you want before giving a quote.

My Ride
    ‘19 McLaren 720s, '15 Range Rover ALWB

Refine auto salon .

Best in the business .

Jarod - He works at ZR auto now

Originally posted by BokCh0y
    I have all my 3m work done at The Auto Protectors just off Manchester road. Usually about $625 to do a 24" section of the hood, plus the full front bumper, section of the fenders, headlights, fog lights, and mirrors.

I've bought all my cars there, they've been really good. They also do a paint protectant thing and under coating and rust proofing too if you're interested.

Tint Tech is where I go to for tint.
    +1 for The Auto Protectors
    Originally posted by Mibz
    Somebody quoting things without reading them? On the internet?
    GET THE FUCK OUTTA TOWN
    Originally posted by Toma
    First dibs sniffing bras panties when dirty girls bring their cars in

My Ride
    AMGGGGGGsixtythree

Originally posted by Tej.S
    I would recommend getting XPEL done instead of 3M, since it self heals in sunlight/heat. I got XPEL ultimate done on my new car from the guys at Tint Tech (based on recommendations from members here) . They were a pleasure to deal with, and had one of the most competitive prices in town. I called 4-5 shops, and they had the best prices. I am extremely pleased with the quality of their work, and they even did certain parts of my car for free. I'm not sure about other shops, but these guys also provide a lifetime warranty as well.
    Curtis at Tint Tech is good.

Full bumper, Full Hood, fenders, door cups, around the windshield, about 1-2ft of the roof line. BAM!

My Ride
    '16 WRX, '23 CX-50

Default Re: New car, where to get 3M and undercoat?

Originally posted by milkpumba
    Just got a 2017 Subaru WRX guys and I opted out of their 3M and undercoat as I was under the impression that I could have it done somewhere else at a much cheaper price. I've been seeing Shadow Tint recommended here for 3M. Any other suggestions?

Also how much does Shadow Tint usually charge for their 3M? Thanks!
    FYI, I got my WRX at Centaur and they sent my car to Shadow Tinting for PPF. Got Centaur to quote me a price, and then went to Shadow Tinting directly for a quote on how much PPF+5 window tint would cost, and then gave Centaur the quote to match.

+1 on the Xpel, I would actually recommend having a detailer see the car first before you send it to PPF though, the PDI guys at Centaur missed some rail dust that's stuck under there now that I didn't catch until long after the PPF was applied.

Edit: I paid $1399+GST for Xpel Ultimate: Full hood, fenders, mirrors, front bumper, fogs, lights, roof and A-Pillars. Tint was $269+GST for all windows behind the driver & passenger windows. Pricing was actually quite close to what Centaur gave me so take that as you will.

I highly recommend getting the rocker panels/side skirts done as well as I find that there's a very high likelihood of yourself of your guests contacting it with their shoes.
    Last edited by cyra1ax; 12-11-2016 at 06:19 PM.