Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > Motorsports > Nico Rosberg retires

Author
Thread
ganesh
Neutral

What I drive: 2014 335GT
Posts/Day: 0.09
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 91%

Nico Rosberg retires quote:

I guess no one saw this coming,
http://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/38185846

Good on him. I guess with the small kid and with everything he has achieved he is quitting.
Who is going to partner Lewis?

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-02-2016 01:42 PM
ganesh is online now Click Here to See the Profile for ganesh Click here to Send ganesh a Private Message Find more posts by ganesh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

That.Guy.S30
FKA - Thi_Thi Subs

What I drive: FJC, S30
Posts/Day: 0.44
Trader Rating: (8)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Let's put Alonso in that seat!

Old Post 12-02-2016 01:49 PM
That.Guy.S30 is online now Click Here to See the Profile for That.Guy.S30 Click here to Send That.Guy.S30 a Private Message Find more posts by That.Guy.S30 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wildrice
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.12
Trader Rating: (10)

quote:

wow...might as well had the wdc 2017 to Lewis now.

Old Post 12-02-2016 01:51 PM
wildrice is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wildrice Click here to Send wildrice a Private Message Find more posts by wildrice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ganesh
Neutral

quote:

Originally posted by wildrice

It's not that straight forward next year. All the reports are indicating that RBR will be a handful next year.

Old Post 12-02-2016 02:12 PM
ganesh is online now Click Here to See the Profile for ganesh Click here to Send ganesh a Private Message Find more posts by ganesh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cjblair
Second Gear

What I drive: Jap V8
Posts/Day: 0.53
Trader Rating: (5)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

Crazy. Good for him though.

Old Post 12-02-2016 02:19 PM
cjblair is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cjblair Click here to Send cjblair a Private Message Find more posts by cjblair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
redline
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.33
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Originally posted by ganesh

It's not that straight forward next year. All the reports are indicating that RBR will be a handful next year.

2017 cars have. It even hit the track yet

Old Post 12-02-2016 02:20 PM
redline is offline Click Here to See the Profile for redline Click here to Send redline a Private Message Find more posts by redline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
redline
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.33

quote:

Originally posted by wildrice

Holy crap talk about crazy fan boy here

Old Post 12-02-2016 02:21 PM
redline is offline Click Here to See the Profile for redline Click here to Send redline a Private Message Find more posts by redline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chongkee_
Neutral

What I drive: golfR
Posts/Day: 0.06

quote:

Originally posted by redline

Agree in a way but it's not that far of a stretch unless they put Vettel or Alonso next to him. Mercedes has the best engine and and chassis as well, if not second (RBR). Aerodynamically, they know what they're doing so they could carry that over next year.
Other engine manufacturers might have to change their engine concept since they seem to have got it wrong 2014-16, in relation to Mercedes. While Mercedes could hit the ground running with their engine. They can then focus more on the aerodynamics which is favours the 2017 cars.

But then again, they could totally get it wrong and pull a 2014 RBR.

I'm more excited about where McLaren would place on the grid next year.

Old Post 12-02-2016 02:30 PM
chongkee_ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chongkee_ Click here to Send chongkee_ a Private Message Find more posts by chongkee_ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redlyne_mr2
Chatroom Manwhore

What I drive: 400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans
Posts/Day: 2.04
Trader Rating: (26)

quote:

Thats a shocker, Ferrari needs some new strategies next year. I love Kimi but maybe its time for him to move on?

Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

Old Post 12-02-2016 02:33 PM
Redlyne_mr2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redlyne_mr2 Click here to Send Redlyne_mr2 a Private Message Find more posts by Redlyne_mr2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ganesh
Neutral

quote:

2017 cars have. It even hit the track yet

I know the 2017 cars haven't hit the track. I said based on the reports. If you read the news everyone says that RBR will have a very good car next year. Also if you go by the modern history of F1 when a massive rule change (Not engine rule change)happens Newey always gets it right.
Also if you watched the Post race show after the last race all the commentators were hinting that RBR will be handful next year.

Old Post 12-02-2016 02:52 PM
chongkee_
Neutral

What I drive: golfR
Posts/Day: 0.06

quote:

Originally posted by ganesh

I know the 2017 cars haven't hit the track. I said based on the reports. If you read the news everyone says that RBR will have a very good car next year. Also if you go by the modern history of F1 when a massive rule change (Not engine rule change)happens Newey always gets it right.
Also if you watched the Post race show after the last race all the commentators were hinting that RBR will be handful next year.

Rumour has it as well that they have a longer chassis than everyone else. So they're definitely up to something.

Old Post 12-02-2016 03:09 PM
chongkee_ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chongkee_ Click here to Send chongkee_ a Private Message Find more posts by chongkee_ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rage2

What I drive: Ricer SUV, Lexus Coupe in Mid Life Crisis Orange
Posts/Day: 1.10
Trader Rating: (25)

quote:

Rosberg knows he won't win another one. He's been talking about not able to beat Lewis on a normal day since karting during his interviews all week. Didn't help that team principals voted him 3rd best driver on the grid this year.

Like he said, in it to win, doesn't have it to pursue it anymore. On the bright side, he's looking to repair his relationship with Hamilton, they're already starting to say a lot of good things about each other.

Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Old Post 12-02-2016 03:09 PM
rage2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rage2 Click here to Send rage2 a Private Message Visit rage2's homepage! Find more posts by rage2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ganesh
Neutral

quote:

Originally posted by rage2
Rosberg knows he won't win another one. He's been talking about not able to beat Lewis on a normal day since karting during his interviews all week. Didn't help that team principals voted him 3rd best driver on the grid this year.

Like he said, in it to win, doesn't have it to pursue it anymore. On the bright side, he's looking to repair his relationship with Hamilton, they're already starting to say a lot of good things about each other.

+1
LH would have taken him to cleaners next year.

Old Post 12-02-2016 03:13 PM
phreezee
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.23
Trader Rating: (8)

quote:

Rosberg was super emotional, and the way he was talking I should have saw this coming, but I'm still shocked.

My vote is for Jenson Button to take the seat

Old Post 12-02-2016 03:55 PM
phreezee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for phreezee Click here to Send phreezee a Private Message Find more posts by phreezee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
R154
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.27
User Rating: 98%

quote:

I'm just going to marinate in this news. I absolutely LOVE that he is gone.

I read an article that said Mercedes would have promoted Pascal Weherlien.

So, there's that.

I think my absolute dream scenario would be if for one glorious season (or two), Mercedes could woo Jenson Button in a drive while they legacy plan.

Completely silly thought. But, it would be amazing. You all know it would be amazing.

Originally posted by ZenOps
I say we slow down the spinning of the earth so that there is 25 hours in the day.

Join me.

Old Post 12-02-2016 03:55 PM
R154 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for R154 Click here to Send R154 a Private Message Find more posts by R154 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
flipstah
The Gimp

What I drive: exploded.
Posts/Day: 1.97
Trader Rating: (13)
User Rating: 102%

quote:

Damn! Alonso defecting? NOOOO

Who will fill McLaren-Honda?

Old Post 12-02-2016 03:56 PM
flipstah is offline Click Here to See the Profile for flipstah Click here to Send flipstah a Private Message Visit flipstah's homepage! Find more posts by flipstah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
R154
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.27
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Originally posted by phreezee
Rosberg was super emotional, and the way he was talking I should have saw this coming, but I'm still shocked.

My vote is for Jenson Button to take the seat

Get the fuck out of my mind.

Originally posted by ZenOps
I say we slow down the spinning of the earth so that there is 25 hours in the day.

Join me.

Old Post 12-02-2016 03:57 PM
R154 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for R154 Click here to Send R154 a Private Message Find more posts by R154 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rage2

What I drive: Ricer SUV, Lexus Coupe in Mid Life Crisis Orange
Posts/Day: 1.10
Trader Rating: (25)

quote:

Based on the timing, my guess is Hamilton knew about this pretty early on.

It's going to be weird seeing Hamilton become best buds with him again, sorta like the man-love between him and Alonso.

Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Old Post 12-02-2016 04:05 PM
rage2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rage2 Click here to Send rage2 a Private Message Visit rage2's homepage! Find more posts by rage2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
flipstah
The Gimp

What I drive: exploded.
Posts/Day: 1.97
Trader Rating: (13)
User Rating: 102%

quote:

#MALDONADO2017
#AMGLIVESMATTER

Old Post 12-02-2016 04:41 PM
flipstah is offline Click Here to See the Profile for flipstah Click here to Send flipstah a Private Message Visit flipstah's homepage! Find more posts by flipstah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wildrice
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.12
Trader Rating: (10)

quote:

I'm actually ricciardo fan.... It doesn't take a fanboy to realize how dominate Lewis and Mercedes is.

Old Post 12-02-2016 04:58 PM
wildrice is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wildrice Click here to Send wildrice a Private Message Find more posts by wildrice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 11:41 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > Motorsports > Nico Rosberg retires

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: