Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > Events and Meets > 2016-17 SASC Winter Driver Training

Author
Thread
reijo
First Gear

What I drive: '03 S2000
Posts/Day: 0.07
Trader Rating: (3)
User Rating: 100%

2016-17 SASC Winter Driver Training quote:

We have the winter driver training again this year at Ghost Lake with one new added element/exercise.

A student school geared toward students AND parents (this has worked really well in the past ... both become equals in the class!) is scheduled for Saturday, Dec. 31. We would like all students in this school if possible and hence why it is scheduled during the Xmas break. This is open for registration already.

Students are welcome in the other schools as well.

Jan. 15 and Jan. 29 are also open for registration as we speak. Two schools in Feb. will be opened for registration soon.

Further info on schools can be found here:

http://forums.sascsolo.com/index.ph...icseen.html#new

And Registation is on-line here:

http://www.motorsportreg.com/orgs/s...-solosport-club

Video:

https://vimeo.com/103612125

Beyond article:

http://www.beyond.ca/2013-sasc-wint...ning/23832.html

$150 adults/$75 students (with ID - bring to school)

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-15-2016 06:26 PM
reijo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for reijo Click here to Send reijo a Private Message Find more posts by reijo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

cet
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.08
Trader Rating: (1)

quote:

I have been looking forward to going to this this year. Do you know what the dates for february are likely to be?

Old Post 12-16-2016 06:06 PM
cet is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cet Click here to Send cet a Private Message Find more posts by cet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
reijo
First Gear

quote:

Dates and other info at the SASC web forum. Link above.

R

Old Post 12-16-2016 07:36 PM
reijo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for reijo Click here to Send reijo a Private Message Find more posts by reijo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
reijo
First Gear

quote:

Our web forum has been hacked so for the time being information on the Winter Driver Training can be found here and on our FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/12062776685/

https://vimeo.com/116815787

This Sunday's (Jan. 15) event is essentially sold out, but there is room on the Jan. 29th and Feb 12 & 26th dates.

Register here:

http://www.motorsportreg.com/orgs/s...-solosport-club

Cheers!

Reijo

Old Post 01-09-2017 08:42 PM
JDC™

What I drive: 2016 Focus RS
Posts/Day: 0.00
Trader Rating: (0)

quote:

Why would somebody hack the SASC forum... people are ridiculous.

Old Post 01-10-2017 11:23 PM
JDC™ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JDC™ Click here to Send JDC™ a Private Message Visit JDC™'s homepage! Find more posts by JDC™ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
reijo
First Gear

quote:

Well, I guess it is a bit more complicated than that but I did not want to get into it.

Basically the hack was against our server (not the forum necessarily) which is hosted by one of our members however, he has got it up again. I noticed a couple of hours ago that the forum was restored and active.

Reijo

Old Post 01-10-2017 11:32 PM
reijo
First Gear

quote:

SASC Forum is back up.

Jan 15 Winter Driver Training registration is closed - full!

Next one Jan. 29! Only a handful of places are left ... be diligent ...

Reijo

Old Post 01-11-2017 07:52 PM
Axe
Neutral

What I drive: SH-AWD
Posts/Day: 0.04
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Looking forward to it on Sunday!

Old Post 01-11-2017 08:20 PM
Axe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Axe Click here to Send Axe a Private Message Find more posts by Axe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ekliptix
Gram Cracker

What I drive: 2008 Z06
Posts/Day: 0.60
Trader Rating: (4)

quote:

Ditto! See y'all out there Sunday. First time driving on a lake. Blue X5.

2003 BMW X5 4.6IS Doushmobile

Past Cars:
2008 Corvette Z06 - 11.39 at 123.8mph
2002 Corvette Z06 - 12.10 at 116.5mph
2005 Jeep Wrangler LJ
1993 5L Mustang - 12.59 at 108
1989 5L Mustang
1990 Jeep Cherokee
1991 Acura Integra RS 403Honda

Old Post 01-12-2017 01:39 AM
Ekliptix is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ekliptix Click here to Send Ekliptix a Private Message Visit Ekliptix's homepage! Find more posts by Ekliptix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RedApe
Neutral

What I drive: 2014 Fusion 2.0T, AWD
Posts/Day: 0.03

quote:

I'm there on the 29th....have to admit, looking forward to.

97 TJ mostly stock
http://www.island4x4.com STAFF

Old Post 01-14-2017 06:20 PM
RedApe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RedApe Click here to Send RedApe a Private Message Visit RedApe's homepage! Find more posts by RedApe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
reijo
First Gear

quote:

Great! See you all out there!

It will be a ton of fun! We'll have some new layouts ... new and improved!

Maybe show up 20 min. early if you can ... we have a full house so it might take a while longer to get all the paperwork, waiver etc. out of the way.

Reijo

Old Post 01-14-2017 07:08 PM
Axe
Neutral

What I drive: SH-AWD
Posts/Day: 0.04
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Awesome day at the lake yesterday. Many thanks to Reijo and all the instructors! Great expereince again and lots of opportunities to improve driving skills.

Old Post 01-16-2017 02:25 PM
Axe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Axe Click here to Send Axe a Private Message Find more posts by Axe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
94boosted
Second Gear

What I drive: 10' Corvette GS, 17' Golf R, 15' GMC Sierra
Posts/Day: 0.52
Trader Rating: (8)
User Rating: 104%

quote:

Originally posted by Ekliptix
Ditto! See y'all out there Sunday. First time driving on a lake. Blue X5.

Oh that was you in the X5 haha I had no idea, nice to meet you!

Old Post 01-17-2017 11:50 PM
94boosted is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 94boosted Click here to Send 94boosted a Private Message Visit 94boosted's homepage! Find more posts by 94boosted Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Xtrema
Sixth Gear

What I drive: 2016 MB C450
Posts/Day: 1.55
User Rating: 95%

quote:

Originally posted by RedApe
I'm there on the 29th....have to admit, looking forward to.

Just sign up for 29th. Same here. Being trying to get out there for years, but there was always something comes up.

Hey Reijo, you allow drones to capture some shots/footages?

Old Post 01-21-2017 06:51 PM
Xtrema is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Xtrema Click here to Send Xtrema a Private Message Find more posts by Xtrema Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
reijo
First Gear

quote:

Drones: I love what can be done with them, however, our insurance has limitations on them ... have to look up what it says ... don't think ASN FiA Canada allows them ... Something about them falling out of the sky and hitting someone or their vehicle.

Send me a PM or email and we can discuss further.

Reijo

Old Post 01-21-2017 11:33 PM
reijo
First Gear

quote:

OK, here's what the ASN/FiA Canada (our governing body ... they cover virtually all road racing, karting and autox events in Canada up to and including F1) has to say about drones:

http://www.asncanada.com/wp-content...June13-2015.pdf

So basically you need to abide by Transportation Canada regs, have insurance ($5M) with our club named on it ... etc.

So it has changed since I last looked at it when they outright banned the use of drones a few years ago or so when the issue came up. Now they are allowed but under the above conditions.

Reijo

Old Post 01-23-2017 01:31 PM
muffzz
Neutral

What I drive: FA5
Posts/Day: 0.10

quote:

I wonder if my front lip would survive as I am a bit lowered. Are there big patches of snow?

Old Post 01-23-2017 09:32 PM
muffzz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for muffzz Click here to Send muffzz a Private Message Find more posts by muffzz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
reijo
First Gear

quote:

Virtually no snow or drifts out there now ...

Just posted photos from yesterday at the SASC FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/12062776685

R

Old Post 01-23-2017 11:08 PM
Xtrema
Sixth Gear

What I drive: 2016 MB C450
Posts/Day: 1.55
User Rating: 95%

quote:

Originally posted by reijo
OK, here's what the ASN/FiA Canada (our governing body ... they cover virtually all road racing, karting and autox events in Canada up to and including F1) has to say about drones:

http://www.asncanada.com/wp-content...June13-2015.pdf

So basically you need to abide by Transportation Canada regs, have insurance ($5M) with our club named on it ... etc.

So it has changed since I last looked at it when they outright banned the use of drones a few years ago or so when the issue came up. Now they are allowed but under the above conditions.

Reijo

Sounds like its staying grounded.

Also how's this Sunday 7-10c mid-day will work put for the event? Seems a bit warm, no?

Nvm, just read the FB page.

Old Post 01-25-2017 04:07 AM
Xtrema is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Xtrema Click here to Send Xtrema a Private Message Find more posts by Xtrema Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
reijo
First Gear

quote:

It could get a bit wet out there but that is still not enough to make serious difference to the ice ... not much snow out there so there won't be much water ... and lots of ice so no danger of significant melting (1 day hardly makes any difference)....plus remember the elevation is higher out there so the temps are noticeably cooler out there .... usually 2-3 deg. less than Calgary.

So, in the end, it will be carry on like usual and in the meanwhile I'm sure the landing area has frozen solid again .... but we can also use the north landing if push comes to shove ... in better shape ... not so rough.

Reijo

Old Post 01-25-2017 04:46 AM
The time now is 07:50 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > Events and Meets > 2016-17 SASC Winter Driver Training

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: