Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > Automotive News > New Ford GT: holy shit.

Author
Thread
Darkane
Second Gear

What I drive: N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6
Posts/Day: 0.44
Trader Rating: (22)
User Rating: 99%

New Ford GT: holy shit. quote:

No official specs are released, but I've done my own calculations and this thing is going to flip the supercar segment on its head.

My official hp prediction: 750-800

This backs my claims as well:

http://www.autoblog.com/2017/01/06/...uzzler-tax-mpg/

And one more prediction, this 3.5tt ecoboost will be the highest HP/L engine ever produced at over 200hp/L.

Let's see how accurate I am.

EDIT: forgot to add that the new GT has a finger follower valve train. Precise control during high rpms and high pressures from the forced induction.

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Kim Kardashian Sex tape:

Originally posted by hadookin
nice box... to bad that nigs face is in it

Last edited by Darkane on 01-06-2017 at 10:12 PM

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-06-2017 10:06 PM
Darkane is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Darkane Click here to Send Darkane a Private Message Find more posts by Darkane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

NoPulp
First Gear

What I drive: 1994 Mustang, 2007 F150, 2004 Mustang GT
Posts/Day: 0.92
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

The first production 2017 Ford GT rolled off the line on Dec 16 2016.
That being said, I oddly can't find any official specs. Ford just says 600+?

Why the prediction?

1994 Mustang - 4.2 V6 swap w/M112 Supercharger Build Thread
2004 Mustang GT - Track Build Thread

Old Post 01-06-2017 10:16 PM
NoPulp is offline Click Here to See the Profile for NoPulp Click here to Send NoPulp a Private Message Find more posts by NoPulp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
schocker
Fifth Gear

What I drive: Euro Accord Brah
Posts/Day: 1.46
Trader Rating: (1)

quote:

If they say 600+, I can't see it being 750-800 as that is quite a stretch.
Will have to beat the P1 though, 3.8L 727 hp gas engine.

Old Post 01-06-2017 10:35 PM
schocker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for schocker Click here to Send schocker a Private Message Visit schocker's homepage! Find more posts by schocker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Xtrema
Sixth Gear

What I drive: 2016 MB C450
Posts/Day: 1.54
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

Consider Merc did 180HP/l, if Ford can achieve the same, it'll be 630HP and inline with 600+ claimed by Ford.

Old Post 01-06-2017 10:37 PM
Xtrema is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Xtrema Click here to Send Xtrema a Private Message Find more posts by Xtrema Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mitsu3000gt
E-Gear Paddle Shifter

What I drive: 2017 Civic Hatch ST
Posts/Day: 1.80
Trader Rating: (28)
User Rating: 93%

quote:

I'm sure it will be fast AF but that's got to be the ugliest sports car I've seen in a long time haha, especially the rear.

Old Post 01-06-2017 10:46 PM
Mitsu3000gt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mitsu3000gt Click here to Send Mitsu3000gt a Private Message Find more posts by Mitsu3000gt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darkane
Second Gear

quote:

Ford claimed the best power to weight ratio of any car ever.

The 1:1 came out after the Ford announcement Jan 2015.

Ferrari TheFerrari is 3.7hp/lb. the GT will be about 2750-2800 lbs, math is easy.

Also, with it's fuel economy it jives with my Hp numbers.

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Kim Kardashian Sex tape:

Old Post 01-06-2017 10:49 PM
Darkane is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Darkane Click here to Send Darkane a Private Message Find more posts by Darkane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Xtrema
Sixth Gear

quote:

Originally posted by Darkane

Ferrari TheFerrari is 3.7hp/lb. the GT will be about 2750-2800 lbs, math is easy.

I for one think it won't break 700HP or Ford will not advertise it as 600+

At best it'll be 670HP and given there isn't any official specs and limited production, I wonder if owners would even want to put one on the dyno to settle this.

Old Post 01-06-2017 11:04 PM
Xtrema is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Xtrema Click here to Send Xtrema a Private Message Find more posts by Xtrema Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NoPulp
First Gear

What I drive: 1994 Mustang, 2007 F150, 2004 Mustang GT
Posts/Day: 0.92

quote:

Reference?

I've only read CLAIMS that the Ford GT will have the best power to weight ratio of any production SUPERCAR. 1:1 and LaFerrari are Hyper cars, a whole different world.

As for the fuel economy, it's a small engine with a turbo making big power. Also the customers for this car will probably not care about fuel economy. Doesn't surprise me.

1994 Mustang - 4.2 V6 swap w/M112 Supercharger Build Thread
2004 Mustang GT - Track Build Thread

Old Post 01-06-2017 11:04 PM
NoPulp is offline Click Here to See the Profile for NoPulp Click here to Send NoPulp a Private Message Find more posts by NoPulp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mitsu3000gt
E-Gear Paddle Shifter

quote:

"any car ever"? More than a car like the Ariel Atom V8?

Also if the Ferrari LaFerrari had 3.7 hp/lb it would have ~12,900 HP. Math not so easy

Old Post 01-06-2017 11:05 PM
Mitsu3000gt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mitsu3000gt Click here to Send Mitsu3000gt a Private Message Find more posts by Mitsu3000gt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LUV2REV

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.01

quote:

but that's got to be the ugliest sports car I've seen in a long time haha, especially the rear.

What a stupid statement.... Yeah, it's real ugly.

Last edited by LUV2REV on 01-06-2017 at 11:17 PM

Old Post 01-06-2017 11:13 PM
LUV2REV is offline Click Here to See the Profile for LUV2REV Click here to Send LUV2REV a Private Message Find more posts by LUV2REV Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darkane
Second Gear

quote:

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

"any car ever"? More than a car like the Ariel Atom V8?

Also if the Ferrari LaFerrari had 3.7 hp/lb it would have ~12,900 HP. Math not so easy

I marthed my units, good catch. I've been following this car from day one let me see if I can dig up some of the info I'm throwing around.

-H.P. Lovecraft

Kim Kardashian Sex tape:

Old Post 01-06-2017 11:15 PM
Darkane
Second Gear

quote:

Any production car it says.

-H.P. Lovecraft

Kim Kardashian Sex tape:

Old Post 01-06-2017 11:31 PM
Xtrema
Sixth Gear

quote:

Any production car it says.

That's vague.

http://jalopnik.com/the-ten-product...weig-1641624397

So let's say LaFerrari at #5 is that target. 3.32lb/hp.

Let's say 3.3lb/hp and at 2750lb = 833hp.

So that statement is wrong unless "production" is over 1000 units.

Old Post 01-06-2017 11:54 PM
Darkane
Second Gear

quote:

Originally posted by Xtrema

That's vague.

http://jalopnik.com/the-ten-product...weig-1641624397

So let's say LaFerrari at #5 is that target. 3.32lb/hp.

Let's say 3.3lb/hp and at 2750lb = 833hp.

So that statement is wrong unless "production" is over 1000 units.

Very vague I agree. Carbuzz and horsepower freaks both claimed.

Anyway I just want the specs released already lol.

-H.P. Lovecraft

Kim Kardashian Sex tape:

Old Post 01-07-2017 12:04 AM
Darkane
Second Gear

quote:

http://www.caranddriver.com/flipboo...d-gt-supercar#5

Jamal Hameedi has spoken.

When Ford's global performance vehicle chief engineer Jamal Hameedi started to tell us how his team was targeting "the best power-to-weight ratio," we figured the sentence would end with "in its class." Nope. Hameedi instead capped off the claim with "of any car on the market." Ford has yet to reveal the GT's weight, but we're expecting it to be crazy light. As for the engine, Ford promises more than 600 horsepower.

-H.P. Lovecraft

Kim Kardashian Sex tape:

Last edited by Darkane on 01-07-2017 at 02:14 AM

Old Post 01-07-2017 02:12 AM
Twin_Cam_Turbo
Fourth Gear

What I drive: VA WRX, EK Civic
Posts/Day: 1.89
Trader Rating: (8)

quote:

I really don't see this having the best power to weight ratio of anything on the market.

Old Post 01-07-2017 02:29 AM
Twin_Cam_Turbo is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Twin_Cam_Turbo Click here to Send Twin_Cam_Turbo a Private Message Find more posts by Twin_Cam_Turbo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darkane
Second Gear

quote:

Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo
I really don't see this having the best power to weight ratio of anything on the market.

Totally agree and hard to believe. BUT - I'm taking it as gospel for now and if true the GT will be the next "car" much like the GTR just was.

It's still crazy expensive though.

-H.P. Lovecraft

Kim Kardashian Sex tape:

Old Post 01-07-2017 02:31 AM
soloracer
Second Gear

What I drive: F355 Challenge/URS4/FD3S/968 Turbo/NSX/Esprit V8
Posts/Day: 0.24
Trader Rating: (1)

quote:

The car is stunning in person. I saw it at Monterey during car week. Probably spent an hour going over every angle of it. My favorite is the rear fuselage look with the twin tunnels tapering under the rear wing. Then there are the circular, hollow tail lights. Too bad it has an ecoboost. It really needs an exotic sounding engine and from the videos I have seen it will probably sound like a bad vacuum cleaner.

Old Post 01-07-2017 06:18 AM
soloracer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for soloracer Click here to Send soloracer a Private Message Find more posts by soloracer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mitsu3000gt
E-Gear Paddle Shifter

quote:

How can anyone even remotely believe it will have a better power to weight ratio than "anything on the market" when that literally includes....everything. There is not a shred of a chance it will have the best.

Old Post 01-07-2017 06:22 AM
speedog
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.66
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 104%

quote:

It is one of those way out there Hot Wheels brought into real life.

Old Post 01-07-2017 03:50 PM
speedog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for speedog Click here to Send speedog a Private Message Find more posts by speedog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 02:42 AM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > Automotive News > New Ford GT: holy shit.

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: