Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Society / Law / Current Events / Politics > The Official Trump Thread (was Trump inaguration.)

Author
Thread
ZenOps
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.07
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 99%

Trump inaguration. quote:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/5...article/2611178

5,000 national guard troops will be there just in case anyone tries anything. Trump being like a nuke, you have to spend an incredible amount of manpower just for day to day normalcy.

I can imagine they have tanks and fighter jets on call too.

In the Roman days at the beginning of electoral senates, the politicians did not need much if any protection. By the end they were wasting crazy amounts of productivity on protection. History repeats itself.

Last edited by ZenOps on 01-09-2017 at 02:11 PM

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-09-2017 02:09 PM
ZenOps is online now Click Here to See the Profile for ZenOps Click here to Send ZenOps a Private Message Find more posts by ZenOps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

jacky4566
First Gear

What I drive: is broken
Posts/Day: 0.21
Trader Rating: (7)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

Also remember that Pierre Trudeau would openly walk in the park and talk with his constituents, anyone could just walk up to him. Minimal security and certainly no army.

Old Post 01-09-2017 03:35 PM
jacky4566 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jacky4566 Click here to Send jacky4566 a Private Message Find more posts by jacky4566 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sexualbanana
Second Gear

What I drive: Altima Se-R
Posts/Day: 0.39

Re: Trump inaguration. quote:

Originally posted by ZenOps

In the Roman days at the beginning of electoral senates, the politicians did not need much if any protection. By the end they were wasting crazy amounts of productivity on protection. History repeats itself.

Usually because they were the ones plotting the assassinations of their respective Caesars/Augusti

Old Post 01-09-2017 03:43 PM
sexualbanana is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sexualbanana Click here to Send sexualbanana a Private Message Visit sexualbanana's homepage! Find more posts by sexualbanana Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J-hop
First Gear

What I drive:
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

hard to compare roman times to now. It's a whole different ball game when you have weapons that can kill someone from blocks away with the squeeze of a finger.

As much as I dislike Trump I don't wish him to be assassinated or feel that would have anything but catastrophic effects on democracy in the US. You can't just go shoot a politician who gets in just because you don't like them. If I were american I would support the cost of the added security.

Old Post 01-09-2017 03:52 PM
J-hop is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J-hop Click here to Send J-hop a Private Message Find more posts by J-hop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tik-Tok
Cowboy Hunter

What I drive: Japanese functionality, Swedish style.
Posts/Day: 1.55
Trader Rating: (12)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

I think the added security is necessary, regardless of who won. I think the bigger danger is from his fellow Republicans though.

Old Post 01-09-2017 04:05 PM
Tik-Tok is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Tik-Tok Click here to Send Tik-Tok a Private Message Find more posts by Tik-Tok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nufy
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.13
Trader Rating: (10)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

They will be dressed in street clothes to make it seem like everyone wants to be there...

Old Post 01-09-2017 04:10 PM
Nufy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nufy Click here to Send Nufy a Private Message Find more posts by Nufy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
01RedDX
Third Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.58
Trader Rating: (22)

quote:

Originally posted by Tik-Tok
I think the added security is necessary, regardless of who won. I think the bigger danger is from his fellow Republicans though.

True, but it's not a lethal danger, it's clause 4 of the 25th amendment. They can very easily prevent a Trump presidency by having Pence serve as acting president.

Who wants to bet it gets used in the first 90 days?

Old Post 01-09-2017 04:10 PM
01RedDX is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 01RedDX Click here to Send 01RedDX a Private Message Find more posts by 01RedDX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DonJuan
Second Gear

What I drive: will molest you in 11 sec
Posts/Day: 0.43
Trader Rating: (15)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

Originally posted by 01RedDX

... having Pence serve as acting president.

This is actually scarier than a Trump presidency.

Old Post 01-09-2017 04:15 PM
DonJuan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DonJuan Click here to Send DonJuan a Private Message Find more posts by DonJuan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tik-Tok
Cowboy Hunter

What I drive: Japanese functionality, Swedish style.
Posts/Day: 1.55
Trader Rating: (12)

quote:

Originally posted by 01RedDX

True, but it's not a lethal danger, it's clause 4 of the 25th amendment. They can very easily prevent a Trump presidency by having Pence serve as acting president.

Who wants to bet it gets used in the first 90 days?

I don't think they will. The amount of shit Trump would kick in the air would be insane. They know some nutjob will take him out eventually, and Pence will get right in there, with all the fear mongering they need, that comes with an assassinated president.

Old Post 01-09-2017 04:21 PM
Tik-Tok is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Tik-Tok Click here to Send Tik-Tok a Private Message Find more posts by Tik-Tok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
01RedDX
Third Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.58
Trader Rating: (22)

quote:

Originally posted by DonJuan

This is actually scarier than a Trump presidency.

In a way, yes and definitely less entertaining. But you gotta remember, he is surrounded by establishment Republicans and a powerful VP like Bush was, so it's not like there would be much of a difference, policy-wise.

Originally posted by Tik-Tok

I don't think they will. The amount of shit Trump would kick in the air would be insane. They know some nutjob will take him out eventually, and Pence will get right in there, with all the fear mongering they need, that comes with an assassinated president.

Exposing another hole in presidential security brings an even bigger risk of agitating the base.

Given the vagueness of clause 4 they don't even need a real reason, just congressional support; but Trump is always a tweet away from giving them a real reason.

Old Post 01-09-2017 04:45 PM
01RedDX is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 01RedDX Click here to Send 01RedDX a Private Message Find more posts by 01RedDX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ExtraSlow
Third Gear

What I drive: 2010 Recession Fighter LX
Posts/Day: 1.12
Trader Rating: (27)

quote:

North Koreans have the best hats, that is indisputable, and is my sole contribution to this thread.

Old Post 01-09-2017 04:57 PM
ExtraSlow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ExtraSlow Click here to Send ExtraSlow a Private Message Find more posts by ExtraSlow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sexualbanana
Second Gear

quote:

Originally posted by J-hop

As much as I dislike Trump I don't wish him to be assassinated or feel that would have anything but catastrophic effects on democracy in the US. You can't just go shoot a politician who gets in just because you don't like them. If I were american I would support the cost of the added security.

If we want to venture into the realm of conspiracy theories; a Republican -planned assassination attempt (successful or otherwise) would provide so much credibility to their platform.

Old Post 01-09-2017 07:39 PM
sexualbanana is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sexualbanana Click here to Send sexualbanana a Private Message Visit sexualbanana's homepage! Find more posts by sexualbanana Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sugarphreak
Fifth Gear

What I drive: A moving pylon
Posts/Day: 2.09
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 155%

quote:

Originally posted by J-hop

I think Trump is all talk, but still, I would be surprised if he doesn't get assassinated in the next 4 years.

We should start a poll for this... what quarter of his term will the Donald be assassinated?

Old Post 01-09-2017 09:19 PM
Sugarphreak is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sugarphreak Click here to Send Sugarphreak a Private Message Find more posts by Sugarphreak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ExtraSlow
Third Gear

What I drive: 2010 Recession Fighter LX
Posts/Day: 1.12
Trader Rating: (27)

quote:

Betting thread?

Old Post 01-09-2017 09:22 PM
ExtraSlow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ExtraSlow Click here to Send ExtraSlow a Private Message Find more posts by ExtraSlow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Disoblige
Third Gear

What I drive: '90 Z32, '03 TJ, '15 Grom
Posts/Day: 0.75
Trader Rating: (28)
User Rating: 110%

quote:

My Odds (picked out of my butthole):

Year 1: 20:1
Year 2: 15:1
Year 3: 12:1
Year 4: 10:1
None: 1:10

Wagers? :P

Old Post 01-09-2017 09:50 PM
Disoblige is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Disoblige Click here to Send Disoblige a Private Message Find more posts by Disoblige Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rx7_turbo2
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.22
Trader Rating: (3)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

I think an attempt(s) on his life are almost a certainty, however I don't think they'll be successful and he'll make it to the end of his term alive.

Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.

Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?

Originally posted by Toma
rx7_turbfoags best friend

Toma the homophobe?

Old Post 01-09-2017 11:15 PM
rx7_turbo2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rx7_turbo2 Click here to Send rx7_turbo2 a Private Message Find more posts by rx7_turbo2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
msommers
Fourth Gear

What I drive: 10' 4Runner SR5
Posts/Day: 1.40
Trader Rating: (44)

quote:

Obama and his family made it 8 years without being killed by some gun crazed KKK nutjob from the south.

Trump will be fine.

Old Post 01-09-2017 11:19 PM
msommers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msommers Click here to Send msommers a Private Message Find more posts by msommers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
killramos
Third Gear

What I drive: ///M235i
Posts/Day: 1.10
Trader Rating: (2)

quote:

^

People have sure gotten dramatic of late...

* Use of this avatar makes no statement of me implying I own a BMW M division car, that the BMW M235i model is a BMW M division car, or any other statement regarding BMW M division or its debated superiority over other makes and models of vehicles

Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.

Originally posted by Toma
fact.

Old Post 01-09-2017 11:23 PM
killramos is offline Click Here to See the Profile for killramos Click here to Send killramos a Private Message Find more posts by killramos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sexualbanana
Second Gear

quote:

Originally posted by msommers
Obama and his family made it 8 years without being killed by some gun crazed KKK nutjob from the south.

Trump will be fine.

I think (and I base this on absolutely no evidence whatsoever) there were plenty of attempts on Obama's life, but Secret Service might've kept it under wraps.

There was also that dude that climbed the fence and got pretty close (maybe even inside?) to the White House. I can't remember though if that was meant to be a protest or an attempt on his life.

Old Post 01-09-2017 11:25 PM
msommers
Fourth Gear

What I drive: 10' 4Runner SR5
Posts/Day: 1.40
Trader Rating: (44)

quote:

Originally posted by killramos
^

People have sure gotten dramatic of late...

No, just Chinese peeps and a sniff of potential for gambling

Old Post 01-09-2017 11:43 PM
msommers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msommers Click here to Send msommers a Private Message Find more posts by msommers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 03:24 AM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Society / Law / Current Events / Politics > The Official Trump Thread (was Trump inaguration.)

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: