Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > Automotive News > Ifyouknowyouknow 2018 Dodge Demon

Author
Thread
Maxt
Second Gear

What I drive: something green
Posts/Day: 0.31
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%

Ifyouknowyouknow 2018 Dodge Demon quote:

New video every week leading up to the New York autoshow unvieling in April.
This is probably the American Drag Racer (ADR) package with the wider wheels and upped horsepower thats been floating around for a while now.
http://www.dodge.com/en/ifyouknowyouknow/

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-13-2017 01:03 AM
Maxt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Maxt Click here to Send Maxt a Private Message Visit Maxt's homepage! Find more posts by Maxt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Ukyo8
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.25
Trader Rating: (6)
User Rating: 92%

quote:

The Extremist Christians in the states are gonna go to town with this one

Old Post 01-13-2017 01:10 AM
Ukyo8 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ukyo8 Click here to Send Ukyo8 a Private Message Find more posts by Ukyo8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Maxt
Second Gear

quote:

Originally posted by Ukyo8

Happened in 1971 with the original Demon..

Originally, the newly acquired Valiant-based Duster was to be rebadged as the Beaver for Dodge’s line-up. Ironically, however, Chrysler’s marketing department found out soon after their name choice had been disclosed that “Beaver” was actually slang for a part of the female anatomy on CB radio waves all across the country.

Not wanting to stir up controversy, they decided to name the new model the Demon instead. Unbenounced to them, however, the new Demon nameplate continued to pave the road to unwelcome controversy.

Having a religious background or not, one might be able to discern why the Demon name tag struck certain groups as support of an anti-Christ. Although not intended as such (in fact, the historic reasoning behind the name was in correspondence with getting people to come in for a look at the car, as in “Come in for a Demon-stration”), the name instantly hit a sore nerve with some groups, which immediately started pressuring Dodge to change the vehicle’s name. Dodge refused, of course, and continued on with their new Demon models.

Old Post 01-13-2017 01:17 AM
Maxt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Maxt Click here to Send Maxt a Private Message Visit Maxt's homepage! Find more posts by Maxt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BerserkerCatSplat

What I drive: Jeep of Theseus
Posts/Day: 1.31
Trader Rating: (25)

quote:

That video is cheesy as fuck, but hell yeah bring on the Demon.

Old Post 01-13-2017 01:48 AM
BerserkerCatSplat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BerserkerCatSplat Click here to Send BerserkerCatSplat a Private Message Visit BerserkerCatSplat's homepage! Find more posts by BerserkerCatSplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
A790
PC Principal

What I drive: A future rustbucket.
Posts/Day: 1.31
Trader Rating: (68)
User Rating: 103%

quote:

Originally posted by Ukyo8

What are they going to do- picket Chrysler?

Internet Marketing Solutions for Small Businesses & Niche Content Websites.

No contracts, just results. Websites, SEO, PPC, Content Creation. SEO & Marketing Solutions by SimplifiedSEO.com

Old Post 01-13-2017 02:13 AM
A790 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for A790 Click here to Send A790 a Private Message Find more posts by A790 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NoPulp
First Gear

What I drive: 1994 Mustang, 2007 F150, 2004 Mustang GT
Posts/Day: 0.92

quote:

That video was horrible.
Excited to see what they come up with though! It better live up to the Demon name and not be another Dart.

1994 Mustang - 4.2 V6 swap w/M112 Supercharger Build Thread
2004 Mustang GT - Track Build Thread

Old Post 01-13-2017 03:28 AM
NoPulp is offline Click Here to See the Profile for NoPulp Click here to Send NoPulp a Private Message Find more posts by NoPulp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rx7_turbo2
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.22
Trader Rating: (3)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

I'll have to do a little research on the car, that was one awful video though. The cheese factor was through the roof.

Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.

Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?

Originally posted by Toma
rx7_turbfoags best friend

Toma the homophobe?

Old Post 01-13-2017 11:12 PM
rx7_turbo2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rx7_turbo2 Click here to Send rx7_turbo2 a Private Message Find more posts by rx7_turbo2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
spikerS
Third Gear

What I drive: 2016 F-150 3.5L Ecoboost SCrew FX4
Posts/Day: 0.96
Trader Rating: (44)

quote:

Cheesy for sure. I'm excited to see what it is. If it is just another variant of the Charger / Challenger (going by the headlight reflection in the sunglasses) I am going to be greatly disappointed.

Is it wrong that I am hoping for a totally badass replacement for the Viper? (keep in mind I know nothing of what is coming out of Fiat Chrysler these days...)

Originally posted by Mibz
Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Old Post 01-13-2017 11:24 PM
spikerS is online now Click Here to See the Profile for spikerS Click here to Send spikerS a Private Message Visit spikerS's homepage! Find more posts by spikerS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tik-Tok
Cowboy Hunter

What I drive: Japanese functionality, Swedish style.
Posts/Day: 1.54
Trader Rating: (12)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

Originally posted by spikerS
Cheesy for sure. I'm excited to see what it is. If it is just another variant of the Charger / Challenger (going by the headlight reflection in the sunglasses) I am going to be greatly disappointed.

Also the video title "Challenger SRT Demon".

It's just another suped up Challenger. It should be a replacement for the SRT 200 though. The Dart/Demon was a smaller car.

Old Post 01-14-2017 12:13 AM
Tik-Tok is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Tik-Tok Click here to Send Tik-Tok a Private Message Find more posts by Tik-Tok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
benyl
Hayan Namja

What I drive: One from Affalterbach and Dearborn
Posts/Day: 1.64
Trader Rating: (22)
User Rating: 250%

quote:

What would be smart would be to take the AWD system out of the coming Jeep GC SRT Hellcat and stick it into the Challenger.

Old Post 01-14-2017 01:15 AM
benyl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for benyl Click here to Send benyl a Private Message Find more posts by benyl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
corsvette
Second Gear

What I drive: 6.6 turbo
Posts/Day: 0.53
Trader Rating: (3)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

The platform for the Challenger/Charger/300 is ancient. I don't think FCA has the funds to develop new RWD architecture, this company's car lineup is dying. I'll bet this is just another go faster version of what they have already.

Sergio Marchionne wants to merge with GM bad, he needs money and platforms. If they can't find a partner they might as well sell off RAM and Jeep and call it a day.

Old Post 01-14-2017 02:11 AM
corsvette is offline Click Here to See the Profile for corsvette Click here to Send corsvette a Private Message Find more posts by corsvette Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
spikerS
Third Gear

What I drive: 2016 F-150 3.5L Ecoboost SCrew FX4
Posts/Day: 0.96
Trader Rating: (44)

quote:

Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Also the video title "Challenger SRT Demon".

It's just another suped up Challenger. It should be a replacement for the SRT 200 though. The Dart/Demon was a smaller car.

In my defense, i was totally too engrossed in the movie to read the title.

Originally posted by Mibz
Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Old Post 01-14-2017 02:38 AM
spikerS is online now Click Here to See the Profile for spikerS Click here to Send spikerS a Private Message Visit spikerS's homepage! Find more posts by spikerS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darkane
Second Gear

What I drive: N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6
Posts/Day: 0.44
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Originally posted by benyl
What would be smart would be to take the AWD system out of the coming Jeep GC SRT Hellcat and stick it into the Challenger.

It's called the ADR Challenger. This demon may be the AWD car being rumored.

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Kim Kardashian Sex tape:

Originally posted by hadookin
nice box... to bad that nigs face is in it

Old Post 01-14-2017 06:35 AM
Darkane is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Darkane Click here to Send Darkane a Private Message Find more posts by Darkane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Maxt
Second Gear

quote:

Idontknowdontknow.
Horsepower rumors are all over the place between 830 and a 1000. The ADR could end being a different package Challenger , as well.
Even if they stayed at 707, fit a 335 tire and carved a 1000 lbs off of the car...
The tires a hellcat comes with are ridiculous.

Old Post 01-14-2017 05:15 PM
blibbertibs

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.01

quote:

The Demon was supposed to be the baby Viper a few years ago.

Old Post 01-16-2017 10:20 PM
blibbertibs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blibbertibs Click here to Send blibbertibs a Private Message Find more posts by blibbertibs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NoPulp
First Gear

What I drive: 1994 Mustang, 2007 F150, 2004 Mustang GT
Posts/Day: 0.92

quote:

^Looks like a nasty s2000

1994 Mustang - 4.2 V6 swap w/M112 Supercharger Build Thread
2004 Mustang GT - Track Build Thread

Old Post 01-16-2017 11:26 PM
NoPulp is offline Click Here to See the Profile for NoPulp Click here to Send NoPulp a Private Message Find more posts by NoPulp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mikestypes
Neutral

What I drive: 14 ZL1
Posts/Day: 0.07

quote:

Originally posted by corsvette
The platform for the Challenger/Charger/300 is ancient. I don't think FCA has the funds to develop new RWD architecture, this company's car lineup is dying. I'll bet this is just another go faster version of what they have already.

Sergio Marchionne wants to merge with GM bad, he needs money and platforms. If they can't find a partner they might as well sell off RAM and Jeep and call it a day.

Except FCA already have developed a new RWD platform to be used throughout the lineup. First up is the Alfa Guilia with the remainder coming through the lineup over the next several years.

Old Post 01-17-2017 03:03 AM
mikestypes is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mikestypes Click here to Send mikestypes a Private Message Find more posts by mikestypes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jacky4566
First Gear

What I drive: is broken
Posts/Day: 0.21
Trader Rating: (7)
User Rating: 94%

quote:

Did you see the latest video?

So the Demon 200lb lighter and slightly more powerful. Seems like a waste of a name badge.

Did no one else notice the measure of “Total Mass Reduction” moving towards the negative, meaning that this car is actually GAINING weight?
Good job marketing team. Raises for some!

Old Post 01-19-2017 06:32 PM
jacky4566 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jacky4566 Click here to Send jacky4566 a Private Message Find more posts by jacky4566 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Maxt
Second Gear

quote:

Originally posted by jacky4566
Did you see the latest video?

So the Demon 200lb lighter and slightly more powerful. Seems like a waste of a name badge.

Did no one else notice the measure of “Total Mass Reduction” moving towards the negative, meaning that this car is actually GAINING weight?
Good job marketing team. Raises for some!

Looks to me like it will be getting lighter weight brakes,less stereo, some sound deadening gone, and probably won't have rear seats. If they moved from a 275 to a 315 or 335 tires that would increase the weight, so they lost some and had to gain some to get more traction.

Old Post 01-20-2017 01:32 AM
benyl
Hayan Namja

What I drive: One from Affalterbach and Dearborn
Posts/Day: 1.64
User Rating: 250%

quote:

Isn't the challenger due for a major overhaul? Is this the swan song variant?

Old Post 01-20-2017 02:04 AM
benyl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for benyl Click here to Send benyl a Private Message Find more posts by benyl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 02:42 AM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > Automotive News > Ifyouknowyouknow 2018 Dodge Demon

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: