Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > General > Unusually slow shipments from China lately?

Author
Thread
The_Penguin
Neutral

What I drive: '10 CTS
Posts/Day: 0.11
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 99%

Unusually slow shipments from China lately? quote:

I've got about 5 outstanding shipments from China that are taking an unusually long time to arrive. Anyone else noticed issues?

Not all the same online source either.
2 from Amazon ordered in November, 2 from AliExpress also November and 1 from Ebay. 4-6 weeks is normal 12 weeks is getting annoying.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-27-2017 12:49 AM
The_Penguin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for The_Penguin Click here to Send The_Penguin a Private Message Find more posts by The_Penguin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

canadian_hustla
First Gear

What I drive: **FJ CRUISER**
Posts/Day: 0.12
Trader Rating: (47)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Lol read my mind. I was just going to post this.
i am waiting on 2 puchases made on ebay from China at this time, details below from all different sellers

Item #1 - paid nov 6, received Jan 23rd!
item #2 - paid nov 6, not received
item #3 - paid nov 26, not received

I have over 250 buying transactions on ebay (100% positive), and have NEVER not received an item before. As of Jan 22, i was 3/3 in lost items. Thankfully i was able to open cases via ebay, filed cases, won and was reimbursed in all 3 instances and now i can look forward to my free items

Remember if you buy off ebay you only have 60 days to leave feedback. Otherwise you are hooped (although ebay refunded me in full adter 90 days)

It kind of has me wary about buying from China right now....

Old Post 01-27-2017 01:16 AM
canadian_hustla is offline Click Here to See the Profile for canadian_hustla Click here to Send canadian_hustla a Private Message Find more posts by canadian_hustla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
firebane
First Gear

What I drive: 1996 Integra SE
Posts/Day: 0.58
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 94%

quote:

Not even from China.. Shit is just slow!

Old Post 01-27-2017 01:33 AM
firebane is offline Click Here to See the Profile for firebane Click here to Send firebane a Private Message Find more posts by firebane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
D'z Nutz
Super Moderator

What I drive: Southerners out of the North
Posts/Day: 0.98
Trader Rating: (122)
User Rating: 111%

quote:

Yeah the last few months have been pretty bad.

I ordered some grip tape for my new bike handle at the end of October. Waited the requisite month and still nothing. Kept waiting and then before I knew it it was two months and still nothing. Then early January came and still nothing so I went to MEC and bought some, but kept holding off putting it on my bike just in case and finally gave up. Literally 2 hours after putting it on, I get notification that it came. It took 10-11 weeks.

I'm still waiting for my Raspberry Pi case and it's been over 9 weeks so far.

Edit: just remembered I had some tempered glass screen protectors take 2 months too.

Old Post 01-27-2017 01:34 AM
D'z Nutz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for D'z Nutz Click here to Send D'z Nutz a Private Message Visit D'z Nutz's homepage! Find more posts by D'z Nutz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thaco
sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)

What I drive: Rage2
Posts/Day: 0.71
Trader Rating: (29)
User Rating: 90%

quote:

its always been super inconsistent for me, i order stuff all the time, some stuff takes months, some takes only a few days. same shipping method and everything... doesn't make any sense...

but there was recently some news thing about one of the big chinese seacan shippers going bankrupt, might have some effect...

or its just still lagged from christmas shipments, wont get any better right now with chinese new year

on a positive note i am sure trump will ban chinese imports soon, or tax them through the roof, so we should get better service because there'll be lower quantities being shipped, haha

Originally posted by spikerS

I am genreally a pretty nice guy

Originally posted by XylathaneGTR

Anybody who needs to say this as a defense mechanism is a douche.

Old Post 01-27-2017 01:46 AM
Thaco is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Thaco Click here to Send Thaco a Private Message Find more posts by Thaco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kloubek
Fourth Gear

What I drive: A vehicle or two
Posts/Day: 1.15
Trader Rating: (35)
User Rating: 96%

quote:

I too was finding several shipments are taking forever.

Originally posted by A790 10/10, would let Jeff in my mouth again.

Old Post 01-27-2017 02:00 AM
Kloubek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kloubek Click here to Send Kloubek a Private Message Find more posts by Kloubek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Projek01
First Gear

What I drive: 86
Posts/Day: 0.10
Trader Rating: (8)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

I have had the same problem lately. It seems like it is a customs/Canada Post problem. I called to complain and the CSR said that one of the customs offices has a 41 day delay in releasing packages....

I have heard that customs Canada has to carefully screen for fentanyl now but they are wayy too understaffed to do that.

China Post airmail tracking also used to work in Canada. It seems like they removed that feature to cut costs and to remove any liability in delays. To add to that, Canada Post just released a report saying that they are doing a good job and no corrections need to be made to their "business".

Items shipped with e-packet seem to be arriving on time for me however.

Also, be careful with AliExpress buyers protection. I escalated my purchase when a e-packed failed to arrive after 6 weeks. Even the tracking number was a dud. The seller told me to wait 2 more weeks and to cancel the escalation in the mean time. Turns out you automatically forfeit the buyers protection when you hit the cancel button... I got hustled. The f*ckers at AliExpress wont even take the time to do anything either.

Last edited by Projek01 on 01-27-2017 at 02:10 AM

Old Post 01-27-2017 02:06 AM
Projek01 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Projek01 Click here to Send Projek01 a Private Message Find more posts by Projek01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thaco

quote:

Originally posted by Projek01

Also, be careful with AliExpress buyers protection. I escalated my purchase when a e-packed failed to arrive after 6 weeks. Even the tracking number was a dud. The seller told me to wait 2 more weeks and to cancel the escalation in the mean time. Turns out you automatically forfeit the buyers protection when you hit the cancel button... I got hustled. The f*ckers at AliExpress wont even take the time to do anything either.

yeah, never cancel the dispute

Old Post 01-27-2017 02:12 AM
Thaco is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Thaco Click here to Send Thaco a Private Message Find more posts by Thaco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The_Penguin
Neutral

What I drive: '10 CTS
Trader Rating: (2)

quote:

Thanks for the replies. Glad to hear it's not just me, though since it's multiple sources I didn't think I was getting ripped off, just seemed really odd.
Have never really had a problem before. Oh well, none of the items are urgent, so I'll just wait.

Old Post 01-27-2017 02:42 AM
The_Penguin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for The_Penguin Click here to Send The_Penguin a Private Message Find more posts by The_Penguin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thaco

quote:

Originally posted by The_Penguin
Thanks for the replies. Glad to hear it's not just me, though since it's multiple sources I didn't think I was getting ripped off, just seemed really odd.
Have never really had a problem before. Oh well, none of the items are urgent, so I'll just wait.

just make sure you keep an eye on the purchase protection terms, some of them if you dont make a claim within 60 or 90 days you lose the opportunity to

Old Post 01-27-2017 02:45 AM
TomcoPDR
Slanty Gwai Lo

What I drive: Bowtie
Posts/Day: 0.73
Trader Rating: (78)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

Waiting for shit from aliexpress from China too. Still doing that bs extending buyer protection.

Probably better chance just waiting for the next Beyond mainlanders to grab that shit for you. (Next time they go to the mother land)

Last edited by TomcoPDR on 01-27-2017 at 03:25 AM

Old Post 01-27-2017 02:59 AM
TomcoPDR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TomcoPDR Click here to Send TomcoPDR a Private Message Find more posts by TomcoPDR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rage2

What I drive: Ricer SUV, Lexus Coupe in Mid Life Crisis Orange
Posts/Day: 1.10
Trader Rating: (25)

quote:

I've gotten refunds on all my orders from eBay and amazon. They all tried to scam me and wait past the buyer protection deadline. Figured refund is safe and if it eventually does get released I'll get free shit haha.

Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Old Post 01-27-2017 03:02 AM
rage2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rage2 Click here to Send rage2 a Private Message Visit rage2's homepage! Find more posts by rage2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dj_rice
owned by an '08 n00b! LOL

What I drive: 93 240sx SE, 02 Pathfinder LE
Posts/Day: 1.19
Trader Rating: (34)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

Ordered some vape stuff from Fasttech on Jan 17. Paid $1.30 extra for Express Canada Packet. Shipped on the 20th, scanned from Canadapost in Richmond on the 24th and I should have it on the 30th. Ususally its 8 weeks regular shipping

$1.30 for faster shipping is nuts to me.

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

Old Post 01-27-2017 03:12 AM
dj_rice is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dj_rice Click here to Send dj_rice a Private Message Find more posts by dj_rice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thaco

quote:

Originally posted by dj_rice
Ordered some vape stuff from Fasttech on Jan 17. Paid $1.30 extra for Express Canada Packet. Shipped on the 20th, scanned from Canadapost in Richmond on the 24th and I should have it on the 30th. Ususally its 8 weeks regular shipping

$1.30 for faster shipping is nuts to me.

i have pad the fast shipping a few tiems from various sites, but for some reason it always gets hit with duty where as free shipping never does, so the extra couple bucks turns in to 15-20

Old Post 01-27-2017 03:44 AM
TurboMedic
First Gear

What I drive: '09 Sport Trac Adrenalin, '08 Triumph Daytona
Posts/Day: 0.17
Trader Rating: (28)

quote:

Same! 4 from amazon, 1 from ebay. Oddly my one from aliexpress came in 5 days, I was shocked. Got refunds on all of the rest, its frustrating that its been since the end of November!

Old Post 01-27-2017 06:18 AM
TurboMedic is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TurboMedic Click here to Send TurboMedic a Private Message Find more posts by TurboMedic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Boat
First Gear

What I drive: '10 Civic
Trader Rating: (13)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

My SO ordered some Amazon stuff from china on Oct 31st, and it never came in. We followed up early January. Seller resent but I don't have much hope.

Old Post 01-27-2017 06:36 AM
Boat is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Boat Click here to Send Boat a Private Message Find more posts by Boat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jacky4566
First Gear

What I drive: is broken
Posts/Day: 0.21
Trader Rating: (7)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

Yup same. Ordered some -an fittings Nov 28 and got them yesterday...

Only to realize i ordered the wrong size! FML. oh well.

Old Post 01-27-2017 06:46 AM
jacky4566 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jacky4566 Click here to Send jacky4566 a Private Message Find more posts by jacky4566 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
redevil
First Gear

What I drive: '11 Acura RDX Tech/'15 Ram 1500 Sport
Posts/Day: 0.14
Trader Rating: (12)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

I've noticed the same thing. Use to be very consistent with getting things delivered within three weeks but now seems to be way longer.

Old Post 01-27-2017 11:23 AM
redevil is offline Click Here to See the Profile for redevil Click here to Send redevil a Private Message Find more posts by redevil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Star1995

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.03
Trader Rating: (0)

quote:

Same thing here, today will be 60 days. Canada Post stopped tracking my packages from China last year so once it leaves China there is no way of knowing where it is. I figure CP will introduce "over seas tracking" soon and try to charge you for this service.

Old Post 01-27-2017 11:35 AM
Star1995 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Star1995 Click here to Send Star1995 a Private Message Find more posts by Star1995 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thaco

quote:

Originally posted by Boat
My SO ordered some Amazon stuff from china on Oct 31st, and it never came in. We followed up early January. Seller resent but I don't have much hope.

this is ALWAYS ALWAYS just an excuse to buy themselves more time to let the protection run out, NEVER let them resend, if you still want it, get a refund and re-order

Old Post 01-27-2017 01:17 PM
The time now is 06:22 AM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > General > Unusually slow shipments from China lately?

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: