Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > Automotive News > CLA and GLA joins Car2Go

Author
Thread
Xtrema
Sixth Gear

What I drive: 2016 MB C450
Posts/Day: 1.54
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 95%

CLA and GLA joins Car2Go quote:

https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/re...ndmail.com&

Feb in TO and Van... Later for Calgary and Montreal.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-31-2017 04:32 AM
Xtrema is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Xtrema Click here to Send Xtrema a Private Message Find more posts by Xtrema Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

rage2

What I drive: Ricer SUV, Lexus Coupe in Mid Life Crisis Orange
Posts/Day: 1.11
Trader Rating: (25)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

It's official. My garage is a Car2Go fleet.

Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Old Post 01-31-2017 04:38 AM
rage2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rage2 Click here to Send rage2 a Private Message Visit rage2's homepage! Find more posts by rage2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thaco
sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)

What I drive: Rage2
Posts/Day: 0.72
Trader Rating: (30)
User Rating: 90%

quote:

Originally posted by rage2

Old Post 01-31-2017 04:50 AM
Thaco is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Thaco Click here to Send Thaco a Private Message Find more posts by Thaco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
benyl
Hayan Namja

What I drive: One from Affalterbach and Dearborn
Posts/Day: 1.64
Trader Rating: (22)
User Rating: 250%

quote:

You selling memberships?

Old Post 01-31-2017 04:54 AM
benyl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for benyl Click here to Send benyl a Private Message Find more posts by benyl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
flipstah
The Gimp

What I drive: exploded.
Posts/Day: 1.96
Trader Rating: (13)
User Rating: 102%

quote:

Lmao

Old Post 01-31-2017 05:52 AM
flipstah is offline Click Here to See the Profile for flipstah Click here to Send flipstah a Private Message Visit flipstah's homepage! Find more posts by flipstah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
schocker
Fifth Gear

What I drive: Euro Accord Brah
Posts/Day: 1.46
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Will be nice to have the selection when these models arrive here. Still haven't used the b-class yet as I mainly use car2go to drive to lunch.

Old Post 01-31-2017 03:36 PM
schocker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for schocker Click here to Send schocker a Private Message Visit schocker's homepage! Find more posts by schocker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Neil4Speed
Second Gear

What I drive: Acura TLX SH-AWD
Posts/Day: 0.39
Trader Rating: (83)

quote:

'Smart' move on MB to expose people to their "cheaper" models.

Originally posted by arian_ma
your stomach is full of sulfuric acid

Old Post 01-31-2017 03:56 PM
Neil4Speed is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Neil4Speed Click here to Send Neil4Speed a Private Message Find more posts by Neil4Speed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
R154
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.27
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Become an uber driver. Round out your credentials.

Originally posted by ZenOps
I say we slow down the spinning of the earth so that there is 25 hours in the day.

Join me.

Old Post 01-31-2017 03:57 PM
R154 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for R154 Click here to Send R154 a Private Message Find more posts by R154 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mitsu3000gt
E-Gear Paddle Shifter

What I drive: 2017 Civic Hatch ST
Posts/Day: 1.80
Trader Rating: (28)
User Rating: 93%

quote:

With how badly Car2Go's are abused, I'm surprised they continue to offer nicer and nicer cars - they must be making a killing. Good on them I guess.

Old Post 01-31-2017 04:03 PM
Mitsu3000gt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mitsu3000gt Click here to Send Mitsu3000gt a Private Message Find more posts by Mitsu3000gt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
riander5
First Gear

What I drive: Lexus IS250
Posts/Day: 0.14
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
With how badly Car2Go's are abused, I'm surprised they continue to offer nicer and nicer cars - they must be making a killing. Good on them I guess.

They are probably making in the range of 100 - infinity with each car 2 go daily. I really dont know what the ceiling is though, assuming maybe 20 bucks an hour for 12-16 hours a day?

Christ it costs me 4 bucks if im lazy and car2go to the gym at eau claire from east village and thats like 5 minutes drive time.

These guys are making bank

Old Post 01-31-2017 04:08 PM
riander5 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for riander5 Click here to Send riander5 a Private Message Find more posts by riander5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Xtrema
Sixth Gear

quote:

MB actually got the foresight of a silicon valley start up here.

Let's grab the user base before Uber does so they will be on equal ground when autonomous cars are a reality and people stop buying cars.

If I know a CLA/GLA can be summon by an app in the future, I will definitely stick with Car2Go then Uber.

And really CLA/GLA (I assume these are not 4 matic versions) are as cheap to make as your typical Accord/Camry. Sure it share some nice bits from the MB parts bin but volume will only guarantee it can be made cheaper.

If you check out Unbox Therapy on Youtube, the 2 GLA/CLA only has halogen headlights. But the interior and having Android Auto/Apple Carplay are nice.

Old Post 01-31-2017 04:49 PM
Xtrema is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Xtrema Click here to Send Xtrema a Private Message Find more posts by Xtrema Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
heavyD
Fifth Gear

What I drive: MK7 Golf R
Posts/Day: 1.38
Trader Rating: (12)

quote:

What's your address? Do I need an appointment?

Old Post 01-31-2017 06:55 PM
heavyD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for heavyD Click here to Send heavyD a Private Message Find more posts by heavyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RedDawn

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.01

quote:

GLAs are basically station wagons. Not exactly a nice car. Makes sense why they'd add it to the fleet

Old Post 01-31-2017 07:37 PM
RedDawn is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RedDawn Click here to Send RedDawn a Private Message Find more posts by RedDawn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rage2

quote:

Originally posted by Xtrema
MB actually got the foresight of a silicon valley start up here.

Let's grab the user base before Uber does so they will be on equal ground when autonomous cars are a reality and people stop buying cars.

http://www.autoblog.com/2017/01/31/...ng-partnership/

Car2Go will just end up being an autonomous ride sharing fleet in a couple years while completely blindsiding Nenshi and the Taxi commission haha.

I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Old Post 02-01-2017 10:02 PM
rage2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rage2 Click here to Send rage2 a Private Message Visit rage2's homepage! Find more posts by rage2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
killramos
Third Gear

What I drive: C63S
Posts/Day: 1.12
Trader Rating: (2)

quote:

"couple years"

Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.

Originally posted by Toma
fact.

Old Post 02-01-2017 10:03 PM
killramos is online now Click Here to See the Profile for killramos Click here to Send killramos a Private Message Find more posts by killramos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rage2

quote:

A always use couple wrong. Several. I'd say in 5 years we'd have self driving fleets happily hauling millennials around who don't care about car ownership. Another 10 years and all that will remain are old farts like me clinging onto our steering wheels bitching about our rights and taxes so the roads belong to us. Somewhere in between beyond will end up being a politics forum selling ads to the Liberals or something.

Honestly, I've been impressed at how fast technology has been advancing in the autonomous driving front. Poor weather was the biggest problem which really made self driving cars only work well in warm climates, but with machine learning and mass data collection, cars don't even need to see the snow covered signs or lane marking. Cars that have driven past prior to the snow have already captured and shared that data.

A little off topic, kinda.

Old Post 02-01-2017 10:13 PM
Mitsu3000gt
E-Gear Paddle Shifter

quote:

Originally posted by RedDawn

GLAs are basically station wagons. Not exactly a nice car. Makes sense why they'd add it to the fleet

Nicer than a Smart car is all I said Even entry level MB is pretty nice for a Car2Go type ride, and a million times better than any Taxi car.

Also I love wagons Plenty of nice "station wagons" out there, especially from MB.

Doesn't MB own Car2Go? That's probably had a lot to do with it.

Last edited by Mitsu3000gt on 02-01-2017 at 10:23 PM

Old Post 02-01-2017 10:21 PM
Mitsu3000gt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mitsu3000gt Click here to Send Mitsu3000gt a Private Message Find more posts by Mitsu3000gt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ExtraSlow
Third Gear

What I drive: 2010 Recession Fighter LX
Posts/Day: 1.12
Trader Rating: (27)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

B class is already a nice option.

Wonder if this is part of Car2go justifying it's pricing. When they first came, it was close to equal costs for me to get downtown with car2go vs the bus, maybe 1.2x. Now, it's just a hair under 2x the price.

Still, for me, finding a car close to my location outweighs whatever type of car it happens to be.

Old Post 02-01-2017 10:33 PM
ExtraSlow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ExtraSlow Click here to Send ExtraSlow a Private Message Find more posts by ExtraSlow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Xtrema
Sixth Gear

quote:

Originally posted by killramos
"couple years"

Probably in major cities in California.

Once they figure out proper integration of lidar in the chassis, it will happen.

Right now, the lidar on top is just begging for a batting practice.

Old Post 02-01-2017 10:41 PM
Mitsu3000gt
E-Gear Paddle Shifter

quote:

I can't imagine how a self-driving car could be successful among Calgary drivers, but that would be cool.

Old Post 02-01-2017 11:02 PM
The time now is 02:43 AM (GMT) Post New Thread   
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > Automotive News > CLA and GLA joins Car2Go

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: