Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Computers, Consoles, and other Electronics > Portable internet for calgary tourist

Author
Thread
jmc

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.01
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%

Portable internet for calgary tourist quote:

The portable internet devices seems to be popular in Asia regions, many tourist rent them when they visit. For those unfamiliar, basically its like a mobile wifi hotspot that the tourist carry around with them (because many place still have no free wifi) and they connect their phone, ipad, laptop, to it. Price varies by the plan, but its maybe $5/day with 1Gb, and you just go rent it and return it the next day to the store.
So where can a tourist pick one up, in downtown Calgary?

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-04-2017 08:06 PM
jmc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jmc Click here to Send jmc a Private Message Find more posts by jmc Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

gpomp
STi Killer

What I drive: 16 GTI, 15 FiST
Posts/Day: 0.90
Trader Rating: (58)
User Rating: 103%

quote:

https://roammobility.ca/

Originally posted by scat19
I don't care if that wing is a jspoon or whatever it's huge and gross.

Originally posted by slinkie
its a honda not a zonda

Old Post 02-04-2017 11:14 PM
gpomp is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gpomp Click here to Send gpomp a Private Message Visit gpomp's homepage! Find more posts by gpomp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jwslam
Second Gear

What I drive: is easy to spot
Posts/Day: 0.44
Trader Rating: (61)
User Rating: 96%

quote:

The thing he's talking about is a hotspot that multiple devices can connect to, not a single roam SIM. Plus he asked where it can be picked up.

I'm pretty sure nobody in Calgary offers this as there just isn't enough demand.

Old Post 02-05-2017 03:19 AM
jwslam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jwslam Click here to Send jwslam a Private Message Find more posts by jwslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blairtruck
First Gear

What I drive: Ford
Posts/Day: 0.08
User Rating: 98%

quote:

i don't know about Calgary but Edmonton Public library offers free portable hotpots.

maybe something down there similar

https://www.epl.ca/hotspots/

Old Post 02-05-2017 03:26 AM
blairtruck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blairtruck Click here to Send blairtruck a Private Message Find more posts by blairtruck Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tenkara Way

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.16
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Every cafe, McD's, library, SHAW, etc has free wifi. Not enough of a demand for paid. You'll not find rates for paid at $5 day for 1 GB. Were to exist, add a zero to the $. In many ways, Asia is further along in everything wifi, cell phone and internet.

Old Post 02-05-2017 03:41 AM
Tenkara Way is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tenkara Way Click here to Send Tenkara Way a Private Message Visit Tenkara Way's homepage! Find more posts by Tenkara Way Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AndyL
Second Gear

What I drive: 4x4
Posts/Day: 0.48
Trader Rating: (9)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Wouldn't a wind or whatever they are now mobile hotspot fit the bill? Buy the hotspot thing and prepay for a month...

Old Post 02-05-2017 05:57 AM
AndyL is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AndyL Click here to Send AndyL a Private Message Find more posts by AndyL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jwslam
Second Gear

What I drive: is easy to spot
Posts/Day: 0.44
Trader Rating: (61)
User Rating: 96%

quote:

Assuming nothing was found?

Old Post 03-01-2017 09:16 PM
jwslam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jwslam Click here to Send jwslam a Private Message Find more posts by jwslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Escape

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.05
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Originally posted by jwslam
Assuming nothing was found?

All carriers offer this, but you have to buy the dongle for like $150-200

Freedom mobile 3G is $40 for 10GB

Other carriers have 4G LTE for more $$

https://www.bell.ca/Mobility/Mobile...Devices-listing

http://www.fido.ca/consumer/mobile/lte-hotspots

Last edited by Escape on 03-08-2017 at 02:43 AM

Old Post 03-08-2017 02:38 AM
Escape is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Escape Click here to Send Escape a Private Message Find more posts by Escape Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 08:00 AM (GMT) Post New Thread   
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Computers, Consoles, and other Electronics > Portable internet for calgary tourist

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: