Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Food and Dining > Freshii

Author
Thread
TomcoPDR
Slanty Gwai Lo

What I drive: Bowtie
Posts/Day: 0.73
Trader Rating: (78)
User Rating: 101%

Freshii quote:

Any ballers go to this place on the regular? I'm aware I'm on the entry level of the Beyond old man crew, but geez, these "healthy" fast food places popping up seems (to me) like they're charging any arm and leg.

Two salad bowls (and they both look the same to me, even though there're like 5-9 selections and you can "customize"), two drinks, $46. Did eating clean extended my life? Perhaps. At this rate, I'd get to live long enough being a broke ass 90yo Beyonder, in no time minimal wage at $50/hour with tipping at 200%.

I do applaud them not putting in "tip option" on their machine.

Great service, friendly staff. This was at Glenmore Landing Freshii.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-14-2017 12:42 AM
TomcoPDR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TomcoPDR Click here to Send TomcoPDR a Private Message Find more posts by TomcoPDR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Deetz
Second Gear

What I drive: G35X CRX Titan
Posts/Day: 0.37
Trader Rating: (93)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Most meals there are tasty, but yes, pricey!! Not all locations are equal in my experience though. A newer location by Deerfoot mall seems to be the worst operated. Every time I stop in, the same salad arrives different. They ran out of bacon one day, and chicken another....really, chicken? Considering their business, you'd think they would be better organized.

Old Post 02-14-2017 12:49 AM
Deetz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deetz Click here to Send Deetz a Private Message Find more posts by Deetz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Xtrema
Sixth Gear

What I drive: 2016 MB C450
Posts/Day: 1.55
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/freshii-ipo-1.3959710

They are growing like crazy. I think they probably grew way to fast and have supply chain issues.

I think their stuff being a bit bland (17th Ave location across Best Buy) and the trend is taking off. There is now a Fork & Salad right across from Freshii to cash in on the health craze, not much better and more expensive. Both are busy as hell.

Last edited by Xtrema on 02-14-2017 at 01:00 AM

Old Post 02-14-2017 12:57 AM
Xtrema is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Xtrema Click here to Send Xtrema a Private Message Find more posts by Xtrema Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Marsh
Neutral

What I drive: 535i Xdrive
Posts/Day: 0.05
Trader Rating: (5)

quote:

I guess the trend is to eat healthier/fresher or whatever, but most places seem to just charge arm and a leg for average food. Freshii isn't any different IMO. Not bad but definitely average, but not worth $10 + for a simple salad

Old Post 02-14-2017 01:18 AM
Marsh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Marsh Click here to Send Marsh a Private Message Find more posts by Marsh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
born2workoncars

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.01
Trader Rating: (1)

quote:

People are muppets. It's so easy to do better at home.

Old Post 02-14-2017 01:30 AM
born2workoncars is offline Click Here to See the Profile for born2workoncars Click here to Send born2workoncars a Private Message Find more posts by born2workoncars Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dumbass17
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.22
User Rating: 91%

quote:

Freshii is absolute garbage. Tried it twice. Bland, boring and expensive. I can't believe there's more than one. I hope they all close so something better can use the space.

That's how I feel haha

Old Post 02-14-2017 01:37 AM
Dumbass17 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dumbass17 Click here to Send Dumbass17 a Private Message Find more posts by Dumbass17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
flipstah
The Gimp

What I drive: exploded.
Posts/Day: 1.98
Trader Rating: (13)
User Rating: 102%

quote:

$46 for that? Jeezus

Old Post 02-14-2017 01:45 AM
flipstah is offline Click Here to See the Profile for flipstah Click here to Send flipstah a Private Message Visit flipstah's homepage! Find more posts by flipstah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bourge73
First Gear

What I drive: CRV, Expedition, Maxima
Posts/Day: 0.27
Trader Rating: (35)
User Rating: 94%

quote:

Originally posted by Dumbass17
Freshii is absolute garbage. Tried it twice. Bland, boring and expensive. I can't believe there's more than one. I hope they all close so something better can use the space.

That's how I feel haha

Tell me how you really feel ? Lol glad I read this before my gf dragged me to this place. $46 holy shitballs that's crazy

A Ferrari is a high maintenance chick, you spend money regardless of what you do with her. You can baby the C63, or slap on all seasons, and you won't be spending anything but yearly maintenance. Of course that's like dating a stripper and refusing to fuck her, which would make you gay.

Originally posted by Rage2

Old Post 02-14-2017 01:47 AM
bourge73 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bourge73 Click here to Send bourge73 a Private Message Find more posts by bourge73 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NoPulp
First Gear

What I drive: 1994 Mustang, 2007 F150, 2004 Mustang GT
Posts/Day: 0.93
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

I enjoy these TomcoPDR food reviews.

1994 Mustang - 4.2 V6 swap w/M112 Supercharger Build Thread
2004 Mustang GT - Track Build Thread

Old Post 02-14-2017 01:49 AM
NoPulp is online now Click Here to See the Profile for NoPulp Click here to Send NoPulp a Private Message Find more posts by NoPulp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
suntan
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.23
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

I'd suck Tomco's moobs for a Souplantation in Calgary.

Old Post 02-14-2017 03:05 AM
suntan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for suntan Click here to Send suntan a Private Message Find more posts by suntan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Prelude_dude
Neutral

What I drive: 2009 Acura TSX tech
Posts/Day: 0.07
Trader Rating: (8)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Originally posted by NoPulp
I enjoy these TomcoPDR food reviews.

Usually Tomco reviews are amazing. 5/5.

This one is 5/5 for content, but lack of wifey cleavage -1. Therefore 4/5.

Old Post 02-14-2017 03:50 AM
Prelude_dude is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Prelude_dude Click here to Send Prelude_dude a Private Message Find more posts by Prelude_dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cjblair
Second Gear

What I drive: Jap V8
Posts/Day: 0.53
Trader Rating: (5)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

The reason it seems so expensive is because they got drinks. My wife and I used to go there when we lived closer to one when we didn't have time to cook and wanted to grab something quick but didn't want fast food. Routinely got a soup and noodle bowl, both with chicken, and IIRC it was always under $30. (never once ordered drinks)

When compared to other fast food, I found it to be worth the extra money.

Obviously it's easy to do better at home, but that involves time for cooking, doing dishes, and going to the store for anything you don't have on hand.

Old Post 02-14-2017 03:51 AM
cjblair is online now Click Here to See the Profile for cjblair Click here to Send cjblair a Private Message Find more posts by cjblair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dj_rice
owned by an '08 n00b! LOL

What I drive: 93 240sx SE, 02 Pathfinder LE
Posts/Day: 1.19
Trader Rating: (34)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

Boobs are alot smaller than the other girl. Bring back the friend and less wifey!

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

Old Post 02-14-2017 03:55 AM
dj_rice is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dj_rice Click here to Send dj_rice a Private Message Find more posts by dj_rice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TomcoPDR
Slanty Gwai Lo

What I drive: Bowtie
Posts/Day: 0.73
Trader Rating: (78)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

Yeah, it's insane for salad and health drink.

Anyway, moot point eating healthy for lunch, when dinner was at Denny's. Those were just the appetizers, had an entire beef skewer skillet. They got a new menu about 8-15 months ago I believe. The Denny's on Macleod is so ghetto, but feels just right. Central for everybody around the city, fair game for meetup.

Old Post 02-14-2017 04:34 AM
TomcoPDR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TomcoPDR Click here to Send TomcoPDR a Private Message Find more posts by TomcoPDR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dumbass17
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.22
User Rating: 91%

quote:

People eat dinner at Denny's? I thought it was strictly for drunk assholes at 3am?

Old Post 02-14-2017 07:29 PM
Dumbass17 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dumbass17 Click here to Send Dumbass17 a Private Message Find more posts by Dumbass17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mitsu3000gt
E-Gear Paddle Shifter

What I drive: 2017 Civic Hatch ST
Posts/Day: 1.80
Trader Rating: (28)
User Rating: 93%

quote:

I go there at least a couple times a week, I'm really happy with it (that location too - good staff). ~$10/meal is pretty standard and reasonable IMHO. That's all the bowls are with your choice of protein. I've had almost everything on the menu and I think they all taste significantly different, I have been enjoying the variety. It's a lot of food too, I can't always finish it. The burritos are the same, they are heavy and it's a lot of food.

I don't know how you got to $46 though with 2 bowls and 2 drinks, I have never had anything that expensive there. It's $24 every time I go there and pick up food for two with some "energy bites" on the side. If you add two smoothies I think they are around $7/each which is normal compared to Jugo or similar and it would still be well shy of $46. Maybe they have some expensive stuff on the menu I've never seen before. When you say drink though, at first I assumed water or pop - a blended health smoothie is different.

I go there for lunch downtown sometimes too and it's $10, same as everywhere else pretty much.

They are insanely popular downtown, the wait is ridiculous. Lots of reasonably healthy food for ~$10 is pretty good for people tired of Marcellos and Sunterra.

Old Post 02-14-2017 09:08 PM
Mitsu3000gt is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Mitsu3000gt Click here to Send Mitsu3000gt a Private Message Find more posts by Mitsu3000gt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
locust
Neutral

What I drive: 12 audi a5
Posts/Day: 0.04
Trader Rating: (11)

quote:

Not all things are actually healthier at Freshii.

If you look at the calories and sodium content for some of these bowls with dressing it's quite interesting.

IE. If you look at things like the Pangoa bowl, 770 calories with 1777mg of sodium. In comparison, a big mac is 530 calories with 1020mg of sodium.

https://www.freshii.com/static/menu_pdfs/13.pdf

http://calorielab.com/restaurants/m...wich/3008/38436

Old Post 02-14-2017 09:32 PM
locust is offline Click Here to See the Profile for locust Click here to Send locust a Private Message Find more posts by locust Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jwslam
Second Gear

What I drive: is easy to spot
Posts/Day: 0.43
Trader Rating: (61)
User Rating: 96%

quote:

Originally posted by locust
IE. If you look at things like the Pangoa bowl, 770 calories with 1777mg of sodium. In comparison, a big mac is 530 calories with 1020mg of sodium.

Who eats a big mac w/o fries and drink?

I do like Freshii stuff (never been to your location) but I agree it seems expensive for what you get.

Old Post 02-14-2017 09:46 PM
jwslam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jwslam Click here to Send jwslam a Private Message Find more posts by jwslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
schocker
Fifth Gear

What I drive: Euro Accord Brah
Posts/Day: 1.47

quote:

Yeah, I like Freshii but some of the stuff that seems like it should be healthy is really high in calories like the pangoa bowl. If I want to eat real healthy, I just go to fresh choices though

Old Post 02-14-2017 09:50 PM
schocker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for schocker Click here to Send schocker a Private Message Visit schocker's homepage! Find more posts by schocker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
locust
Neutral

What I drive: 12 audi a5
Posts/Day: 0.04
Trader Rating: (11)

quote:

Originally posted by jwslam

Who eats a big mac w/o fries and drink?

I do like Freshii stuff (never been to your location) but I agree it seems expensive for what you get.

I agree no one eats just a big mac on its own.
A big mac meal with medium fries and a medium root beer is about 1020 calories and 1340mg of sodium. Some things on that Freshii list isn't always better.

Old Post 02-14-2017 09:52 PM
locust is offline Click Here to See the Profile for locust Click here to Send locust a Private Message Find more posts by locust Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 04:01 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Food and Dining > Freshii

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: