Quantcast
VR for iOS - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: VR for iOS

My Ride
    This and that.

Default VR for iOS

So until today I was under the impression that iPhone's don't do VR. I had a S6 Edge, Note 5 and S7 Edge and I experimented with VR last year when I had those phones. But ever since I got the iPhone, I got rid of the Samsung VR headset I had since I thought it was useless. Anyway, long story short today while browsing online I found out there are VR headsets that are compatible with both iOS and Android. Which got me thinking there must be VR for iPhone's too then.

I went on Bestbuy website and noticed a cheap headset called Utopia 360 for $30 and it said it was compatible with both operating systems. So I picked it up and I have been trying it out with my iPhone 7 Plus and so far from the recommended apps it seems very similar to what it was for the Samsung phones.

Has anyone else been using VR on iOS? Any recommended, cool apps that I should check out? I got bored of the Samsung one fairly quickly and I expect it'll be the same with this unless I find some cool, fun apps to play around with. I am not big on games necessarily but if something is worth checking out I will I guess.

My Ride
    05 GDB V.8 / ZX10R / T1-7L

Before I bought PS VR, I tried using google cardboard with my iPhone 6s Plus, and it was decent enough.
    I then purchased Mobile VR Station, and it was pretty decent for watching VR Movies.

Not really sure about other apps though, as PS VR was lightyears better in image and experience.

The smaller HMDs tend to really dig into your face, I found. It made for a sore nose bridge after 20mons or more of use.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

House of terror vr was pretty neat, till it scared the crap out of me

I just have a cardboard 2.0 headset, not really a ton of stuff in the App Store though, apparently NHL games are/will be available live in vr but I haven't tried that out yet

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

For the 6 NHL games in VR this year, you need to go to a liquor store and get the Molson headsets which comes with some cases of beer. There's a code with the headset that's required to enable streaming of the games.

edit - details, and it was Molson, not Bud.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2017/02/09/mo...et-360-vr-nhl/
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name