Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Home and Garden > School me in home security options and prices

Author
Thread
ricosuave
Second Gear

Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada, North America, Earth, The Milky Way . . .
What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.37
Trader Rating: (283)
User Rating: 100%

School me in home security options and prices quote:

Hi all,

I'll be moving to a new home at the end of March, and I think I'd like to get some home security for it.

I have searched here, and the general consensus for paid services seem to come down to Vivint and United.

I was wondering if anyone has used either recently, and can either comment on their services, or the price that they pay. In fact, if anyone here has an in with either, or any other company, I'd love to hear about it.

I really don't know much about these systems, as I've never had one, so please, share your real world experiences in what companies to use, who to avoid, and what type of equipment and services they offer.

Thank you.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-21-2017 01:55 AM
ricosuave is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ricosuave Click here to Send ricosuave a Private Message Visit ricosuave's homepage! Find more posts by ricosuave Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

ShermanEF9
Second Gear

What I drive: '13 F150 King Ranch, 99 Civic SiR
Posts/Day: 0.40
Trader Rating: (7)
User Rating: 91%

quote:

are you looking for a monitored system, or do you care about that? would self monitoring be an option for you?

Old Post 02-21-2017 02:37 AM
ShermanEF9 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ShermanEF9 Click here to Send ShermanEF9 a Private Message Find more posts by ShermanEF9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thaco
sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)

What I drive: Rage2
Posts/Day: 0.71
Trader Rating: (29)
User Rating: 90%

quote:

play hardball with vivint, you can get full service for minimal dollars if you do... work them down like crazy before the install, then when the gaurantee period is almost up, tell them it costs too much and come rip it out, they'll drop it more, a buddy got the full package for very very cheap.

Old Post 02-21-2017 04:16 AM
Thaco is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Thaco Click here to Send Thaco a Private Message Find more posts by Thaco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ricosuave
Second Gear

What I drive:

quote:

Originally posted by ShermanEF9
are you looking for a monitored system, or do you care about that? would self monitoring be an option for you?

self monitoring would be fine I think

Old Post 02-25-2017 05:02 AM
ricosuave is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ricosuave Click here to Send ricosuave a Private Message Visit ricosuave's homepage! Find more posts by ricosuave Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ShermanEF9
Second Gear

What I drive: '13 F150 King Ranch, 99 Civic SiR
Posts/Day: 0.40
User Rating: 91%

quote:

Originally posted by ricosuave

self monitoring would be fine I think

Look at maybe getting a DMP system installed. they are well priced and offer a ton of options.

Old Post 03-01-2017 01:28 AM
ShermanEF9 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ShermanEF9 Click here to Send ShermanEF9 a Private Message Find more posts by ShermanEF9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The_Rural_Juror
Second Gear

What I drive:
Trader Rating: (9)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Any recommendations for installers?

Old Post 03-01-2017 06:58 AM
The_Rural_Juror is offline Click Here to See the Profile for The_Rural_Juror Click here to Send The_Rural_Juror a Private Message Find more posts by The_Rural_Juror Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TYMSMNY
First Gear

What I drive: AMGGGGGGsixtythree
Posts/Day: 0.32
Trader Rating: (24)
User Rating: 94%

quote:

I'll PM you an installer. Does Residential and Commercial.

edit: has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

Old Post 03-01-2017 08:09 AM
TYMSMNY is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TYMSMNY Click here to Send TYMSMNY a Private Message Find more posts by TYMSMNY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The_Rural_Juror
Second Gear

What I drive:

quote:

PM isn't disabled.

Old Post 03-01-2017 12:54 PM
The_Rural_Juror is offline Click Here to See the Profile for The_Rural_Juror Click here to Send The_Rural_Juror a Private Message Find more posts by The_Rural_Juror Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ricosuave
Second Gear

What I drive:

quote:

Originally posted by TYMSMNY
I'll PM you an installer. Does Residential and Commercial.

edit: has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

send me that info, and still looking for more opinions

thankks

Old Post 03-07-2017 05:31 AM
TYMSMNY
First Gear

What I drive: AMGGGGGGsixtythree
Posts/Day: 0.32
Trader Rating: (24)

quote:

can both of you send me a PM... or a mod look into why I can't PM them? Thanks.

Old Post 03-07-2017 08:30 AM
TYMSMNY is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TYMSMNY Click here to Send TYMSMNY a Private Message Find more posts by TYMSMNY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
spike98
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.33
Trader Rating: (25)

quote:

Id like some info as well. This vivint system is a steaming pile and i am getting close to the end of my contract. I will be able to terminate and keep the hardware so i might be able to leverage the already installed stuff and go self monitored.

Old Post 03-07-2017 05:49 PM
spike98 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for spike98 Click here to Send spike98 a Private Message Find more posts by spike98 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The_Rural_Juror
Second Gear

What I drive:

quote:

PM to tymmmmmmmm sent.

Old Post 03-07-2017 06:40 PM
riced
First Gear

What I drive: 2014 Scion FRS
Posts/Day: 0.29

quote:

I've been with Vivint for about 2 years now - pretty close to the same time we moved into our new house.
I've had zero problems with them - a little pricey but the service has been excellent. I pay $50/month. I got the Panel, an indoor camera, doorbell camera, all sensors for the main floor and basement. Free installation. No activation fee.

We had one alarm go off shortly after we left the house - immediately the notification went off on my phone and Vivint was calling me at the same time. They asked if everything was OK - I told them we just left the house and we were turning around to check. They stayed on the phone and said if someone or something is happening, they were ready to call the police. The entire time I went into check the house, they were on listening.

Everything ended up being OK - must have been a shadow that tripped something in the window or something but the speed and service was great.

All other times I had questions/issues - they resolved it either through the phone or sent a tech out to get it fixed same day.
A few issues I had:
- Sky Panel was slow and lagging. They rebooted and sent an update. Fixed over the phone.
- Updated to Shaw 150 Modem. Sky Panel wouldn't connect. Tech came and gave a new router to connect to.

Overall - pretty happy with them. No complaints thus far.

Old Post 03-07-2017 10:56 PM
riced is offline Click Here to See the Profile for riced Click here to Send riced a Private Message Visit riced's homepage! Find more posts by riced Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 03:31 AM (GMT) Post New Thread   
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Home and Garden > School me in home security options and prices

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: