Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > General Car/Bike Talk > Excellence Auto Network? Any Reviews?

Author
Thread
riced
First Gear

What I drive: 2014 Scion FRS
Posts/Day: 0.28
Trader Rating: (7)
User Rating: 94%

Excellence Auto Network? Any Reviews? quote:

Hey guys - has anyone ever heard of or used Excellence Auto Network to sell their car?
This is the only thing I found on google about them:
http://excellenceautonetwork.com/

No reviews or anything...

I ask because I put my Corolla up for sale on AutoTrader on Sunday.
On Monday, a guy from this company called and asked about specific details - what trim is it, is the condition good, etc etc. And to let me know that they had an interested buyer - please keep my phone lines open for more info.

OK fine. This afternoon I get a call from one of their associates - she says they have a buyer ready with cash in hand to pay the full asking price. There's a $500 fee that they charge me but will be legally refunded as soon as the deal is complete.

She's pushy and it's hard to get a word in (maybe that's just how she is). But I was able to ask if there are any strings attached - she says nope - we don't make money off of you, we make money off of the financing from the buyer. We work with mastercard and visa and all that jazz. She goes on to ask for my contact and address and then finally what my mastercard number is. I ask why? She says so we can transfer funds and then after I give her the number, she'll transfer me to a mastercard verification agent to finalize. After that, the buyer will contact me for a test drive to check the car out and hand me the money and the deal is done.

Instincts told me "nope, don't do it". So I told her, I'll have to think about it and read up on them first because it sounded too good to be true. She immediately said "it sounds like you're not interested in selling to our customer, we'll just move onto the next Corolla. Bye" and hung up.

TLDR: company found a buyer for my car within 24 hours. Willing to pay full price. Asked for MC number for verification. I refused. She got mad and hung up.

Question is - did I potentially miss out on getting the actual full amount? Or did I dodge a bullet?

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-22-2017 10:49 PM
riced is offline Click Here to See the Profile for riced Click here to Send riced a Private Message Visit riced's homepage! Find more posts by riced Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

colsankey
Neutral

What I drive: 2011 Ralliart SB
Posts/Day: 0.07
Trader Rating: (12)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

You were being scammed.
If they want to sell the car they can give you the asking price and negotiate a deal with their imaginary buyer.

Old Post 02-22-2017 11:03 PM
colsankey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for colsankey Click here to Send colsankey a Private Message Find more posts by colsankey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J.M.
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.27
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Dodged a bullet for sure.

Sounds similar to that ez cars and trucks shit

Old Post 02-22-2017 11:06 PM
J.M. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J.M. Click here to Send J.M. a Private Message Find more posts by J.M. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
relyt92
First Gear

What I drive: G37X
Posts/Day: 0.25
Trader Rating: (2)

quote:

Unless you're selling some niche car (and even then?), nobody is going to go through an agency to buy your private sale car at full asking price. Pretty well safe to ignore anyone that's acting as a middleman when selling.

Old Post 02-23-2017 01:45 AM
relyt92 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for relyt92 Click here to Send relyt92 a Private Message Find more posts by relyt92 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lilmira
Second Gear

What I drive: The SHBARUS
Posts/Day: 0.51
Trader Rating: (2)

quote:

oh really, I want to buy it back from the buyer for 10000 more once I sell the car. i want 5000 from you first. You know just to make sure that your buyer will sell it back to me for more money, who wouldn't right? Totally refundable once I buy it back. So why don't we make it simple? You just send me 4500 and call it a day.

Old Post 02-23-2017 02:18 AM
lilmira is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lilmira Click here to Send lilmira a Private Message Find more posts by lilmira Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NRGie
First Gear

What I drive: 1.8GHZ of V-TECH
Posts/Day: 0.19
User Rating: 90%

quote:

My neighbour had the exact same thing happen to him. He ended up paying the company $500 but hasn't heard anything back yet in regards to the sale of the vehicle.

They're not ignoring him or anything, he's still in contact with them but it's been about 2 months and no sale.

Why he doesn't just get his money back if they're not ignoring him, I don't know, I'll ask him when I see him again.

Old Post 02-23-2017 02:26 AM
NRGie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for NRGie Click here to Send NRGie a Private Message Find more posts by NRGie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
riced
First Gear

quote:

Originally posted by relyt92
Unless you're selling some niche car (and even then?), nobody is going to go through an agency to buy your private sale car at full asking price. Pretty well safe to ignore anyone that's acting as a middleman when selling.

Totally get it. The reasoning was that these people couldn't get financed anywhere else so they're going through this company. The company is making money through interest of the finance - not through the sale of the car. Still sounded reasonable to me

Old Post 02-23-2017 03:15 AM
riced is offline Click Here to See the Profile for riced Click here to Send riced a Private Message Visit riced's homepage! Find more posts by riced Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
riced
First Gear

quote:

Originally posted by NRGie
My neighbour had the exact same thing happen to him. He ended up paying the company $500 but hasn't heard anything back yet in regards to the sale of the vehicle.

They're not ignoring him or anything, he's still in contact with them but it's been about 2 months and no sale.

Why he doesn't just get his money back if they're not ignoring him, I don't know, I'll ask him when I see him again.

I'm interested in knowing what happens.
They're not unreachable and their phone number has a receptionist and everything (is it all a set up? Who knows).

The funny thing is they say they'll pay the full price of the car - $19,500 in this case. But they'll charge me $500 until the sale is final to ensure I don't run away with the money. In my mind, I'll run with your $19,500 before I lose sleep over $500. Lots of bits during the conversation made it very fishy but part of me still wonders if this is legit if there's no bad reviews of them online.

Old Post 02-23-2017 03:19 AM
max_boost
Beyond Bully

What I drive: nothing special :(
Posts/Day: 1.79
Trader Rating: (31)
User Rating: 123%

quote:

It's a service and maybe won't use the word scam in case they message rage2 lol but I have never heard anyone selling their car through these types of places or got their money back.

My first experience was GREAT CARS And TRUCKS back in 2003 and I paid $65 I think. God damn it $500?

They basically call everyone on Trader and Kijiji.

They called me and told me there was a buyer ready to buy and I said, cut me a cheque less $500 and consider it done. *Oh sir it doesn't work like that*. Well then, fk off!

Old Post 02-23-2017 03:22 AM
max_boost is offline Click Here to See the Profile for max_boost Click here to Send max_boost a Private Message Find more posts by max_boost Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
max_boost
Beyond Bully

What I drive: nothing special :(
Posts/Day: 1.79
Trader Rating: (31)
User Rating: 123%

quote:

There are no bad reviews because they keep changing their name and throw up a different website.

This is the reason why I don't even bother with Trader or Kijiji anymore. Sure I am going to lose out on exposure but I'm not that desperate to sell and every car I have sold is to either a referral, member or lurker.

Old Post 02-23-2017 03:24 AM
max_boost is offline Click Here to See the Profile for max_boost Click here to Send max_boost a Private Message Find more posts by max_boost Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ExtraSlow
Third Gear

What I drive: 2010 Recession Fighter LX
Posts/Day: 1.12
Trader Rating: (27)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

A legit company wouldn't ask for money from the seller. Ever.

Old Post 02-23-2017 03:51 AM
ExtraSlow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ExtraSlow Click here to Send ExtraSlow a Private Message Find more posts by ExtraSlow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rx7_turbo2
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.22
Trader Rating: (3)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

This is still a thing?

Where's James Stewart of ezcarsandtrucks.com? You got competition buddy

For everyone's reference:
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/359113/e...-james-stewart/

Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.

Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?

Originally posted by Toma
rx7_turbfoags best friend

Toma the homophobe?

Old Post 02-23-2017 03:54 AM
rx7_turbo2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rx7_turbo2 Click here to Send rx7_turbo2 a Private Message Find more posts by rx7_turbo2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BokCh0y
Third Gear

What I drive: GGL15, R53, JCE10, VZN170, BB6
Posts/Day: 0.58
Trader Rating: (74)

quote:

Sounds like a competitor or division of ez cars and trucks to me.

Whenever i post a vehicle for sale, it drives me crazy that these dicks call me and end up wasting my time.

Old Post 02-23-2017 05:35 AM
BokCh0y is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BokCh0y Click here to Send BokCh0y a Private Message Find more posts by BokCh0y Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NRGie
First Gear

What I drive: 1.8GHZ of V-TECH
Posts/Day: 0.19
User Rating: 90%

quote:

Originally posted by riced

I'm interested in knowing what happens.
They're not unreachable and their phone number has a receptionist and everything (is it all a set up? Who knows).

The funny thing is they say they'll pay the full price of the car - $19,500 in this case. But they'll charge me $500 until the sale is final to ensure I don't run away with the money. In my mind, I'll run with your $19,500 before I lose sleep over $500. Lots of bits during the conversation made it very fishy but part of me still wonders if this is legit if there's no bad reviews of them online.

The company claimed that they had a customer lined up that needed financing. They advertised themselves as a finance company.

I know companies like this exist because I use to work at a dealership and agencies/companies would buy vehicles off us that they had already approved their own customers on. But if the company that contacted you has someone ready and willing to pay cash it's probably a scam.

Also the companies that bought our vehicles never asked us for $500 or for anything else beforehand.

Old Post 02-23-2017 07:09 AM
NRGie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for NRGie Click here to Send NRGie a Private Message Find more posts by NRGie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Skyline_Addict
Third Gear

What I drive: Wannabe Skyline x2, Wannabe 911 GT3
Posts/Day: 0.63
Trader Rating: (17)

quote:

Don't bother. Nobody is looking after your best interests when selling your own car, except you.

Old Post 02-23-2017 07:24 AM
Skyline_Addict is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Skyline_Addict Click here to Send Skyline_Addict a Private Message Find more posts by Skyline_Addict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
riced
First Gear

quote:

Thanks for the insight gents! Appreciate it.
Happy to know I didn't miss an opportunity... I don't sell enough cars apparently.

Old Post 02-23-2017 02:18 PM
ExtraSlow
Third Gear

What I drive: 2010 Recession Fighter LX
Posts/Day: 1.12
Trader Rating: (27)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

These guys are nearly as bad as those scam recruitment agencies who ask for $500 to "process your paperwork" and pretend to be lining you up for a $100k/yr job, only to ghost out later. Scumbags.

Old Post 02-23-2017 07:24 PM
ExtraSlow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ExtraSlow Click here to Send ExtraSlow a Private Message Find more posts by ExtraSlow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sugarphreak
Fifth Gear

What I drive: A moving pylon
Posts/Day: 2.08
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 155%

quote:

I would just jerk them around....

OH I really want to use your buyer! Credit card? I don't have one? Can we meet up and I will give you the money in person? Yes... meet me in Airdie at 3:00am tomorrow.

Old Post 02-25-2017 05:56 AM
Sugarphreak is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sugarphreak Click here to Send Sugarphreak a Private Message Find more posts by Sugarphreak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hallowed_point
Third Gear

What I drive: J35Y2
Posts/Day: 1.26
Trader Rating: (1)

quote:

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
A legit company wouldn't ask for money from the seller. Ever.

Yes. I guess it's just another symptom of a recession. Scumbags looking to profit.

Old Post 02-27-2017 05:34 PM
Hallowed_point is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hallowed_point Click here to Send Hallowed_point a Private Message Find more posts by Hallowed_point Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AnneM

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.02
Trader Rating: (0)

quote:

Excellence Auto is not a registered corporation or trade name in Alberta. It is associated with AUTOSELL out of Las Vegas Nevada (that is where the credit card gets charged from). A representative told my husband on the phone that they had a buyer ready, but that the financing can't be processed until you sign onto their services. I called to speak to the "Richard" salesman from a different phone number, but could not stay on hold to wait for him and could not get a call back until I provided a phone number that they had on their file already. I gave them the original phone number and got a call back - was told that they make money on the financing deal - borrowing from big banks and lending at a higher rate. The caller display comes up as a local phone number, but they have no physical business address on their site.

The contract my husband signed stated that "Any timeframe for the sale of my vehicle discussed with me was simply an example of how quickly Autosell would like to see the vehicle sell and not a promise or guarantee of any." The charges on your VISA are in US dollars. They sent a contract to my husband to be signed electronically and indicated both my name & my husband's (so he was signing for me). They called my husband after he signed on to tell him that the financing would take 2 weeks to process.

By email, I disputed the validity of the contract because my husband was not authorized to sign for me and I did not agree to the terms and the vehicle was only registered in my name. I was told on the phone that I was treating "Richard" like a criminal and why would they go through all of this for $500 and that this was legitimate. I told him to produce the buyer or give me my money back. They did not provide refund.

To be safe, I cancelled my contract within the 3-day cancellation period stated on their contract - I should have received a refund less a processing fee - they told me that I was not within the three day period. For this to be true, they counted the day of signing as one of the three days.

I was going to sue them in small claims court, but because Excellence Auto is not a registered corporation or trade name this would be difficult.

In the end, I went to my VISA company and lodged a Fraud claim - told them about the contract, the verbal assurances used to entice us to sign etc. If they disputed our claim, I said that I want the name and contact information of the person and details about the company (so that I could sue them myself). I asked VISA if they keep track of these 'businesses' and they said Yes - so if you know anyone who has gone through this, tell them to speak to VISA and let them know - even if they can't get their money back now, it will flag the company doing this.

VISA gave us a full refund with interest. Awesome result for us, but I don't want any other person going through this so share!

Experiences like these attack the good and hope in people. It preys on the foundation of good community. It made me much more skeptical in all of my other dealings selling my vehicle - I don't want to live like this. There are good people in the world - we need to stand together against the "ghosts" that prey on our trust and humanity.

Old Post 03-29-2017 05:15 PM
AnneM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AnneM Click here to Send AnneM a Private Message Find more posts by AnneM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 08:16 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > General Car/Bike Talk > Excellence Auto Network? Any Reviews?

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: