Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Society / Law / Current Events / Politics > What about Maxime Bernier?

Author
Thread
HiTempguy1
Second Gear

What I drive: 1995 WRX STi
Posts/Day: 0.28
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 95%

What about Maxime Bernier? quote:

While I am clearly a conservative at heart, it is quite clear that conservatism is on the decline worldwide.

Initially I was interested in and supportive of O'Leary, but I am starting to see that his ideals do not match mine.

Bernier is running on a much more libertarian angle, and that is appealing. Because truthfully, I don't give a crap what somebody else does, but they better not impose their will on me (via laws, regulations, or taxes, basically by force of gov).

I certainly support Kellie Leitch, but I don't know if her policies/position/attitude have what it takes to lead the conservative party to a majority.

Beyond is a smart group of people, who do you want as the C party leader? Besides Rona Ambrose (who really should be the official leader).

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-23-2017 05:16 PM
HiTempguy1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HiTempguy1 Click here to Send HiTempguy1 a Private Message Find more posts by HiTempguy1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

FraserB
Third Gear

What I drive: GMT900
Posts/Day: 0.88
Trader Rating: (12)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

I don't see Leitch having a chance to win any sort of majority or close minority in an election and there are a few O'Leary ideas I don't agree with. Would certainly be happy with Bernier as the leader, I think he would have a good chance of attracting enough support for a majority.

Aside from these three, every other candidate is just cluttering the ballot and vote splitting.

Old Post 02-23-2017 05:19 PM
FraserB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FraserB Click here to Send FraserB a Private Message Find more posts by FraserB Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Xtrema
Sixth Gear

What I drive: 2016 MB C450
Posts/Day: 1.54
Trader Rating: (4)

quote:

If you want Conservatives to be in power again, Bernier is the only choice.

Everyone else cater to the niche.

I think Ambrose is good but not leadership material.

Last edited by Xtrema on 02-23-2017 at 05:24 PM

Old Post 02-23-2017 05:22 PM
Xtrema is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Xtrema Click here to Send Xtrema a Private Message Find more posts by Xtrema Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sputnik
Third Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.61
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

click for larger version
» Click image for larger version

Old Post 02-23-2017 05:45 PM
sputnik is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sputnik Click here to Send sputnik a Private Message Find more posts by sputnik Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
civic_stylez
Second Gear

What I drive: starts with a screwdriver...
Posts/Day: 0.23
Trader Rating: (8)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Max or Erin O Toole are the only 2 real options. They both have the drive and grind to get things done while avoiding the back and forth battle with other candidates. O Toole said it best when he stated that he wouldnt get into battle with other PC candidates as all it did was benefit the Liberals .

Old Post 02-23-2017 05:52 PM
civic_stylez is offline Click Here to See the Profile for civic_stylez Click here to Send civic_stylez a Private Message Find more posts by civic_stylez Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
16hypen3sp
First Gear

What I drive: '14 CBR 1000RR, '15 Victory Highball, '14 Ram 1500
Posts/Day: 0.58
Trader Rating: (0)

quote:

Originally posted by Xtrema
If you want Conservatives to be in power again, Bernier is the only choice.

Agree 100%. As of right now, he is the only one to be looking at.

O'leary would need to step it up to compete with him.

As far as I'm concerned, Bernier is THE guy for the job.

07 CBR 600RR-Sold
11 Honda Fury-Sold
14 CBR 1000RR-Current
14 Ram 1500-Current
14 Optima LX-Current
15 Victory Highball-Current

Old Post 02-23-2017 06:08 PM
16hypen3sp is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 16hypen3sp Click here to Send 16hypen3sp a Private Message Find more posts by 16hypen3sp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tirebob
Forum Sponsor

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.39
Trader Rating: (33)

quote:

I am coming around to Max myself... I think of him being conservative in more of the right ways rather than in what I can only describe as "petty" ways. I like the more libertarian ideas over the bible belt style conservatism. He has the best chance of any conservative in Quebec as well I think.

I will be watching closely but he could very well be my choice if he is leading into the next election.

Old Post 02-23-2017 06:19 PM
tirebob is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tirebob Click here to Send tirebob a Private Message Find more posts by tirebob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Seth1968
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.36
User Rating: 99%

quote:

So far, I'm ok with Bernier.

I get the feeling that O'Leary is going to back out.

Old Post 02-23-2017 06:23 PM
Seth1968 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Seth1968 Click here to Send Seth1968 a Private Message Find more posts by Seth1968 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Antonito
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.04

quote:

He seems like Harper without the religion. Lots of experience. He's going to get savaged by both sides over his mishandling of documents. His being divorced might hinder him from being nominated but probably wouldn't matter in the general election.

Old Post 02-23-2017 06:50 PM
Antonito is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Antonito Click here to Send Antonito a Private Message Find more posts by Antonito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ndhal417

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.01

quote:

Based on my limited research, Bernier would be my first choice. Raitt after him and maybe Chong or Scheer.

Old Post 02-23-2017 07:08 PM
ndhal417 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ndhal417 Click here to Send ndhal417 a Private Message Find more posts by ndhal417 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Masked Bandit
Forum Sponsor

What I drive: Buffalo Truck & something w/ Seriously Round Tires
Posts/Day: 0.53

quote:

Max B. said he wants to do away with equalization. How exactly is he going to sell THAT to Quebec? And without Quebec it's pretty hard to win a majority. So is he going to lie to Quebec or to the rest of the country?

"Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

www.touchstoneinsurance.ca

Old Post 02-23-2017 07:19 PM
Masked Bandit is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Masked Bandit Click here to Send Masked Bandit a Private Message Visit Masked Bandit's homepage! Find more posts by Masked Bandit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
phreezee
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.24
Trader Rating: (8)

quote:

Originally posted by Masked Bandit
Max B. said he wants to do away with equalization. How exactly is he going to sell THAT to Quebec? And without Quebec it's pretty hard to win a majority. So is he going to lie to Quebec or to the rest of the country?

Harper won without Quebec. Bernier is from Quebec and will surely get at least 1-2 ridings there.

Old Post 02-23-2017 08:43 PM
phreezee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for phreezee Click here to Send phreezee a Private Message Find more posts by phreezee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tirebob
Forum Sponsor

What I drive:

quote:

Originally posted by Masked Bandit

I don't think it is so much about doing away with equalization, but more revamping it, which depending on how it is presented, it could still be feasible. I know where he is from, which is an area called Beauce, is fairly heavily separatist, so the fact he is one of their own could sway people who normally wouldn't vote for the cons over the usual suspects.

Old Post 02-23-2017 09:31 PM
tirebob is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tirebob Click here to Send tirebob a Private Message Find more posts by tirebob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kertejud2

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.01

quote:

Not sure one can call the Beauce separatist, but it is definitely a Conservative enclave regardless int that province.

Old Post 02-23-2017 10:13 PM
kertejud2 is online now Click Here to See the Profile for kertejud2 Click here to Send kertejud2 a Private Message Find more posts by kertejud2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tirebob
Forum Sponsor

What I drive:

quote:

Originally posted by kertejud2
Not sure one can call the Beauce separatist, but it is definitely a Conservative enclave regardless int that province.

I lived and worked there in Beauceville for four years back in the late 80's/early 90's and it definitely was a Bastien of separatism back then, and I imagine it hasn't changed much. They are actually amazing warm and wonderful people who took me in as one of their own, but being very rural and extremely Catholic, they definitely are more conservative than most.

Old Post 02-23-2017 10:21 PM
Amysicle

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.02
Trader Rating: (2)

quote:

I think Maxime is one of the stronger candidates (senior cabinet roles, fluent in French) and his views align the most with mine out of all the candidates.

Not interested in O'Leary at all. I like Rona Ambrose but some people really hate her.

Old Post 02-24-2017 02:35 AM
Amysicle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Amysicle Click here to Send Amysicle a Private Message Find more posts by Amysicle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dirtsniffer
Second Gear

What I drive: Silverado
Posts/Day: 0.63
Trader Rating: (16)
User Rating: 92%

Re: What about Maxime Bernier? quote:

Originally posted by HiTempguy1
While I am clearly a conservative at heart, it is quite clear that conservatism is on the decline .

You voted NDP right?

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
This thread is great, finally we are mixing the regular hate and intolerance with some actual car talk.

Originally posted by Mar
This cannot be for real, nobody's that stupid. I think this guy is just trying to cause shit.

Old Post 02-24-2017 01:47 PM
dirtsniffer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dirtsniffer Click here to Send dirtsniffer a Private Message Find more posts by dirtsniffer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HiTempguy1
Second Gear

What I drive: 1995 WRX STi
Posts/Day: 0.28

Re: Re: What about Maxime Bernier? quote:

Originally posted by dirtsniffer

You voted NDP right?

Protest vote to be rid of the PC's. There are a lot of people right now like myself that regret doing the exact same thing. The NDP platform, as presented, was nothing like what they've done. Should have listened to people like phreak. A hard lesson learned. I have no problem admitting that

I always find this humorous about Beyond, I've posted here close to once a day for 12 years, and a person can't remember any society posts of how conservative I am, but remember I voted NDP once (while not remembering any of the context).

Old Post 02-24-2017 03:02 PM
HiTempguy1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HiTempguy1 Click here to Send HiTempguy1 a Private Message Find more posts by HiTempguy1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dirtsniffer
Second Gear

What I drive: Silverado
Posts/Day: 0.63
Trader Rating: (16)
User Rating: 92%

quote:

"A man could build a thousand bridges and suck one cock. He will be know as a cock sucker, not a bridge builder."

Last time I bring it up though

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
This thread is great, finally we are mixing the regular hate and intolerance with some actual car talk.

Originally posted by Mar
This cannot be for real, nobody's that stupid. I think this guy is just trying to cause shit.

Old Post 02-24-2017 03:27 PM
dirtsniffer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dirtsniffer Click here to Send dirtsniffer a Private Message Find more posts by dirtsniffer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
googe
Banned

What I drive:
Trader Rating: (7)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

Sounds like Canada's Ron Paul. Too bad about the climate change denial though. And deregulation of utilities has really never done anything but fuck over citizens.

His stupid briefcase is going to be the "Hillary's emails" of the election. Maybe Bernie can show up at one of the debates to say everybody is sick of hearing about the damn briefcase.

Old Post 02-24-2017 03:34 PM
googe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for googe Click here to Send googe a Private Message Find more posts by googe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 04:35 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Society / Law / Current Events / Politics > What about Maxime Bernier?

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: