Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > General > Please help save a life!

Author
Thread
MintRacer
Neutral

What I drive: ShitBox Rustbucket
Posts/Day: 0.05
Trader Rating: (23)
User Rating: 100%

Please help save a life! quote:

Long time member, looking for some beyond help to help save a life.

My aunt has been battling cancer for a few years now, it went into remission but has come back and now she desperately needs a stem cell match to live.

Your 10 minutes might save your friend, family, or even some complete stranger one day!

Please come out and help save someone's life! This coming Sunday 1pm to 5pm at ClearOne Badminton center.

Her story was on global news, please click on link below, all of her friends and family have been holding stem cell drives all across Canada to raise awareness and hopefully finding a match.

Please share, and bring some friends out to our event.

Help Save Gebbie

http://globalnews.ca/news/3216044/s...cs-womans-life/

click for larger version
» Click image for larger version

Last edited by MintRacer on 02-27-2017 at 07:10 AM

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-27-2017 07:06 AM
MintRacer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MintRacer Click here to Send MintRacer a Private Message Visit MintRacer's homepage! Find more posts by MintRacer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

MintRacer
Neutral

quote:

I've had quite a few friends mention that they were scared of needles,

This event for the stem cell search is only for a cheek swab, there is not blood samples taken or anything like that.

Just from the cheek swab they will be able to enter you into the Data base to help you find a match with someone down the line.

Only when they find a match with someone in need will there be any request for blood.

Old Post 02-27-2017 07:16 AM
MintRacer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MintRacer Click here to Send MintRacer a Private Message Visit MintRacer's homepage! Find more posts by MintRacer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
eblend
Second Gear

What I drive: 03 Cadillac CTS
Posts/Day: 0.50
Trader Rating: (101)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Just read the article and watched the video...you should mention that you have to be Chinese. I was interested in doing this, but I would be of no help as I am Caucasian

Old Post 02-27-2017 11:15 PM
eblend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for eblend Click here to Send eblend a Private Message Find more posts by eblend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J-D
Neutral

What I drive:
Trader Rating: (0)

quote:

Originally posted by eblend
Just read the article and watched the video...you should mention that you have to be Chinese. I was interested in doing this, but I would be of no help as I am Caucasian

Could still help someone else!

Old Post 02-28-2017 12:06 AM
J-D is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J-D Click here to Send J-D a Private Message Find more posts by J-D Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
eblend
Second Gear

What I drive: 03 Cadillac CTS
Posts/Day: 0.50
Trader Rating: (101)

quote:

Originally posted by J-D

Could still help someone else!

Perhaps, but the video shows all Chinese people, so this sounds more like a Chinese registry? From the sounds of it it was geared specifically for Chinese.

Old Post 02-28-2017 12:32 AM
eblend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for eblend Click here to Send eblend a Private Message Find more posts by eblend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FraserB
Third Gear

What I drive: GMT900
Posts/Day: 0.89
Trader Rating: (12)

quote:

I would think that everyone they sample is then checked using the One Match registry. The poster does have their logo on it, so they are involved.

Old Post 02-28-2017 01:31 AM
FraserB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FraserB Click here to Send FraserB a Private Message Find more posts by FraserB Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
drtoohotty1
First Gear

What I drive: 03 CBR F4i, 04 ralliart, 01 tracker 12 outlander
Posts/Day: 0.19
Trader Rating: (22)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Originally posted by eblend
From the sounds of it it was geared specifically for Chinese.

It's is being held at a badminton center

Originally posted by Unknown303
Everything makes me upset.

Originally posted by Mibz
Nonsense. You've all got slanty eyes, play Starcraft, speak Chinese and eat nothing but sushi and ginger beef.

DON'T TRY AND CONVINCE ME OTHERWISE

Old Post 02-28-2017 02:57 AM
drtoohotty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for drtoohotty1 Click here to Send drtoohotty1 a Private Message Find more posts by drtoohotty1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redlyne_mr2
Chatroom Manwhore

What I drive: 400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans
Posts/Day: 2.06
Trader Rating: (26)

quote:

Pretty awesome of you guys to do all of this.

Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

Old Post 02-28-2017 04:57 AM
Redlyne_mr2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redlyne_mr2 Click here to Send Redlyne_mr2 a Private Message Find more posts by Redlyne_mr2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MintRacer
Neutral

quote:

Thanks for the support guys, for sure this event is calling out to all races and nationalities to raise awareness for the need to get registered into the one match registry.

One match is part of the Canadian blood services registry.

If we happen to find an Asian match for my aunt that would be awesome, but if our drive finds a match for one other person that would be a huge success as well.

Too bad calgary planet and Asian Avenue are gone, those sites were 90% Asian.

Last edited by MintRacer on 02-28-2017 at 05:20 AM

Old Post 02-28-2017 05:18 AM
Dalking
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.23
Trader Rating: (3)
User Rating: 94%

quote:

How come the person has to be Chinese

Old Post 02-28-2017 05:32 AM
Dalking is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dalking Click here to Send Dalking a Private Message Find more posts by Dalking Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
D'z Nutz
Super Moderator

What I drive: Southerners out of the North
Posts/Day: 0.98
Trader Rating: (122)
User Rating: 111%

quote:

Originally posted by Dalking
How come the person has to be Chinese

It doesn't have to be Chinese, but the chances of finding a match are higher if there's a common ethnic background. Sometimes finding a match if the person in question is of an uncommonly mixed descent can be difficult.

Old Post 02-28-2017 06:18 AM
D'z Nutz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for D'z Nutz Click here to Send D'z Nutz a Private Message Visit D'z Nutz's homepage! Find more posts by D'z Nutz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MintRacer
Neutral

quote:

thanks for stickying this post mods.

4 more days till the swab day.

Bring a friend if you can and help save a life.

Brian Burke, President of the Flames will be tweeting his followers to come out and help out the cause.

We are anticipating getting some radio/tv/print ads in the next day or two as well.

Thanks in advance for the support Beyond!

Old Post 03-02-2017 01:31 AM
The time now is 06:17 AM (GMT) Post New Thread   
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > General > Please help save a life!

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: