Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Sports, Health & Fitness > Ear Flushed Out

Author
Thread
cancer man
Neutral

What I drive: Saab 9-5
Posts/Day: 0.10
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 99%

Ear Flushed Out quote:

Had my left ear flushed out felt like a blow torch and now have vertigo i think totally off balance.

Anybody else experience this and how long does it last?
Ringing is the worst part.
Nurse says give it a couple of days.
Never should have drove home.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-27-2017 07:10 PM
cancer man is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cancer man Click here to Send cancer man a Private Message Visit cancer man's homepage! Find more posts by cancer man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

heavyD
Fifth Gear

What I drive: 2016 MK7 Golf R
Posts/Day: 1.39
Trader Rating: (12)

quote:

I remember it being a little painful while they were doing it but don't recall any side effects. How long has it been since you got this done?

Old Post 02-27-2017 07:14 PM
heavyD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for heavyD Click here to Send heavyD a Private Message Find more posts by heavyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
94CoRd
Neutral

What I drive: WK
Posts/Day: 0.04
Trader Rating: (5)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

just had mine done few weeks ago. Felt a little uncomfortable during the flush, but man did the ears feel clean after. No side-effects like you've described.

Old Post 02-27-2017 07:39 PM
94CoRd is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 94CoRd Click here to Send 94CoRd a Private Message Find more posts by 94CoRd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
revelations
Third Gear

What I drive: 2g Eclipse / EP3
Posts/Day: 0.98
User Rating: 98%

quote:

What was the original reason for ear flush?

Old Post 02-27-2017 07:44 PM
revelations is offline Click Here to See the Profile for revelations Click here to Send revelations a Private Message Find more posts by revelations Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
anarchy
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.14
Trader Rating: (24)

quote:

This doesn't sound right at all. I'm no expert but my dad punctured his ear drum and suffered the same issues - I'd get it looked at ASAP.

I've had my ear flushed several times and while it's uncomfortable during the flushing, there should be zero side effects after.

Old Post 02-27-2017 07:56 PM
anarchy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for anarchy Click here to Send anarchy a Private Message Find more posts by anarchy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cancer man
Neutral

quote:

Originally posted by heavyD
I remember it being a little painful while they were doing it but don't recall any side effects. How long has it been since you got this done?

Had it done this morning 10 am and i still have no balance
wife is taking me tomorrow to re-evaluate the drum.
It was full of ear plug foam and wax mixture.

Old Post 02-27-2017 08:14 PM
cancer man is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cancer man Click here to Send cancer man a Private Message Visit cancer man's homepage! Find more posts by cancer man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
revelations
Third Gear

What I drive: 2g Eclipse / EP3
Posts/Day: 0.98
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Wow sounds pretty harsh. I might have tried a simple oil-based home treatment first before a serious procedure.

Old Post 02-27-2017 08:18 PM
revelations is offline Click Here to See the Profile for revelations Click here to Send revelations a Private Message Find more posts by revelations Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Swank
Neutral

What I drive: 2007 Civic Si
Posts/Day: 0.08
Trader Rating: (8)

quote:

Originally posted by 94CoRd
Felt a little uncomfortable during the flush, but man did the ears feel clean after. No side-effects like you've described.

Same here, only side effect I had was noticing how much treble there really is in this world.

Old Post 02-27-2017 08:21 PM
Swank is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Swank Click here to Send Swank a Private Message Find more posts by Swank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cam_wmh
First Gear

What I drive: VW R32 Turbo
Posts/Day: 0.13
Trader Rating: (6)

quote:

DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.
Sounds like you have vertigo, due to the the little rocks in your inner ear are out of place.
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/...oryId=103463398
Try the Epley Manuever.

Originally posted by sputnik
Cell providers are the next Blockbuster video stores.

Old Post 02-27-2017 10:13 PM
cam_wmh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cam_wmh Click here to Send cam_wmh a Private Message Find more posts by cam_wmh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
relyt92
First Gear

What I drive: G37X
Posts/Day: 0.25

quote:

Definitely sounds like ruptured ear drum. Have you had tubes in your ears? Should probably see an ENT.

Old Post 02-28-2017 02:42 AM
relyt92 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for relyt92 Click here to Send relyt92 a Private Message Find more posts by relyt92 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lasimmon
Neutral

What I drive: 2 feet and a heartbeat
Posts/Day: 0.09
Trader Rating: (0)

Re: Ear Flushed Out quote:

Originally posted by cancer man
Had my left ear flushed out felt like a blow torch and now have vertigo i think totally off balance.

Anybody else experience this and how long does it last?
Ringing is the worst part.
Nurse says give it a couple of days.
Never should have drove home.

I get this done like 3 times a year. Nothing like this has happened before.

I would be going to the hospital. Likely ruptured ear drum.

Old Post 02-28-2017 03:23 AM
lasimmon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lasimmon Click here to Send lasimmon a Private Message Find more posts by lasimmon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Seth1968
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.36

quote:

Jesus man. Those are classic signs of a torn ear drum. I can't even imagine why the nurse would tell you to wait a couple of days. Get to the hospital ASAP.

Old Post 02-28-2017 03:27 AM
Seth1968 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Seth1968 Click here to Send Seth1968 a Private Message Find more posts by Seth1968 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nismodrifter

What I drive: Cars
Posts/Day: 0.89
Trader Rating: (11)
User Rating: 114%

quote:

Visit family doctor tomorrow for reassessment of your tympanic membrane and external canal.

I can't comment on technique, water temperature used, past medical history, etc.

Vertigo post syringing is not uncommon.

Old Post 02-28-2017 03:42 AM
nismodrifter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nismodrifter Click here to Send nismodrifter a Private Message Find more posts by nismodrifter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Seth1968
First Gear

What I drive:

quote:

Originally posted by nismodrifter
Vertigo post syringing is not uncommon.

I just found that out.

Still though, I'd be getting it checked out.

Old Post 02-28-2017 03:45 AM
Seth1968 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Seth1968 Click here to Send Seth1968 a Private Message Find more posts by Seth1968 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nismodrifter

quote:

Originally posted by Seth1968

I just found that out.

Still though, I'd be getting it checked out.

This is where I can only say that I would exercise caution in saying that a guy should go to hospital ASAP.

There are experts in multiple fields here who have always been willing and ready to post a response when necessary to provide advice.

That really means nothing though since we can't look at his ear, we can't look at him, we can't assess the overall picture.

Still though, I'd be getting checked out by your family doc.

Old Post 02-28-2017 03:52 AM
nismodrifter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nismodrifter Click here to Send nismodrifter a Private Message Find more posts by nismodrifter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Seth1968
First Gear

What I drive:

quote:

I've had to get my right ear flushed out about a dozen times over the years. There were no side effects other than my ear feeling much better. Although it felt like Niagara falls in my ear and I always questioned how this procedure is not perforating the ear drum.

Old Post 02-28-2017 04:00 AM
JordanEG6
FKA: TeamCrewcial

What I drive: Honda E Toaster
Trader Rating: (41)

quote:

Wow, that doesn't sound pleasant. But it sounds rare judging by some of the posts in here. Sorry I can't contribute much, I have never had it done before, but I'm looking to get it done, I've been thinking about it for awhile.

Where can you get your ear flushed? Just at a regular clinic?

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current

NEW LISTING SELLING OVER 200-300 PAIRS OF SNEAKERS ** CLICK*** OR PM ME

Old Post 02-28-2017 04:37 AM
JordanEG6 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JordanEG6 Click here to Send JordanEG6 a Private Message Find more posts by JordanEG6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nismodrifter

quote:

Originally posted by Seth1968
I've had to get my right ear flushed out about a dozen times over the years. There were no side effects other than my ear feeling much better. Although it felt like Niagara falls in my ear and I always questioned how this procedure is not perforating the ear drum.

Procedure is safe when no contraindications exist.

Old Post 02-28-2017 05:24 AM
speedog
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.64
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 104%

quote:

Originally posted by revelations
What was the original reason for ear flush?

This, how does one even come to a conclusion that they need an ear flushed? Are there symptoms or physical signs?

Old Post 02-28-2017 06:43 AM
speedog is online now Click Here to See the Profile for speedog Click here to Send speedog a Private Message Find more posts by speedog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cancer man
Neutral

quote:

Originally posted by speedog

This, how does one even come to a conclusion that they need an ear flushed? Are there symptoms or physical signs?

You will know.. it's like when the plane lands and pinch your nose and blow with your mouth closed to unplug the ears for the pop.

And why am i answering this question 2:30 am because
i can't sleep with the room turning over and over.
Feels better upright but laying down forget it.

Old Post 02-28-2017 09:28 AM
The time now is 05:51 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Sports, Health & Fitness > Ear Flushed Out

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: