Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > General > Suggestions for Office Furniture

Author
Thread
imranm

What I drive: 2014 Lexus IS250
Posts/Day: 0.05
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 100%

Suggestions for Office Furniture quote:

Hey Beyonders

My office will be moving in the next couple of months and we are starting to look for new office furniture.

We have about 40 employees - 8 offices, reception, three distinct bullpen areas, 4 meeting rooms, and a boardroom.

Trying to do this on a budget and thought I would see if there are any recommendations for USED/Auction office furniture companies you might recommend?

Thanks!

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-28-2017 06:10 PM
imranm is offline Click Here to See the Profile for imranm Click here to Send imranm a Private Message Find more posts by imranm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

R-Audi
Second Gear

What I drive: GX470
Posts/Day: 0.42
Trader Rating: (25)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

For desks, there is a lot of used furniture at various dealers.. try the big ones: McCrums, COI, RGO etc.

Old Post 02-28-2017 07:09 PM
R-Audi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for R-Audi Click here to Send R-Audi a Private Message Find more posts by R-Audi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mr2mike
Third Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.58
Trader Rating: (10)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

Kijiji too. Small companies will post sell offs there too.
Generally, it's a you come and remove it from the office as they are not paying to deliver it.

Old Post 02-28-2017 07:36 PM
mr2mike is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mr2mike Click here to Send mr2mike a Private Message Find more posts by mr2mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
imranm

quote:

Thanks I will check those out. I thought it would be easier to find used/off lease stuff with all the office closures but none of these places have large quantities of stuff.

Old Post 03-01-2017 02:25 PM
imranm is offline Click Here to See the Profile for imranm Click here to Send imranm a Private Message Find more posts by imranm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Proyecto2000
First Gear

What I drive: Nissan Frontier & Ford F350
Posts/Day: 0.10
Trader Rating: (14)

quote:

we used stor office furniture a few years ago and their prices were cheap. Quality is good provided that you don't move the desks around as its all overseas particle board stuff.

Old Post 03-01-2017 03:44 PM
Proyecto2000 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Proyecto2000 Click here to Send Proyecto2000 a Private Message Find more posts by Proyecto2000 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
darthVWader
Neutral

What I drive: VW Jetta TDLie
Posts/Day: 0.11
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Most of the med to large players with empty space to sublease are including the furniture if you take the floors. And most companies looking for space DT want the furniture included. If this wasn't the case I would have close to 400 suites to sell right now.
Did you already sign a deal for a new office?

Old Post 03-01-2017 03:44 PM
darthVWader is offline Click Here to See the Profile for darthVWader Click here to Send darthVWader a Private Message Find more posts by darthVWader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
imranm

quote:

Originally posted by darthVWader
Most of the med to large players with empty space to sublease are including the furniture if you take the floors. And most companies looking for space DT want the furniture included. If this wasn't the case I would have close to 400 suites to sell right now.
Did you already sign a deal for a new office?

Yup lease signed, blank slate!

Old Post 03-01-2017 07:23 PM
AndrewMZ3

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.01

quote:

When we first started up, we purchased all of our office furniture from Source (https://www.source.ca). Prices were great, quality was good enough (desks would support the weight of 6 monitors plus mount) and an okay variety of styles to choose from. Since then we've moved and purchased new furniture from COI. But if budget is a concern, I'd highly recommend source.

Old Post 03-02-2017 12:35 PM
AndrewMZ3 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AndrewMZ3 Click here to Send AndrewMZ3 a Private Message Find more posts by AndrewMZ3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Masked Bandit
Forum Sponsor

What I drive: Buffalo Truck & something w/ Seriously Round Tires
Posts/Day: 0.53

quote:

Originally posted by AndrewMZ3
When we first started up, we purchased all of our office furniture from Source (https://www.source.ca). Prices were great, quality was good enough (desks would support the weight of 6 monitors plus mount) and an okay variety of styles to choose from. Since then we've moved and purchased new furniture from COI. But if budget is a concern, I'd highly recommend source.

+1 for Source. It's not high end but it's better than Ikea and I've found them good to deal with. I don't know about volume pricing though because I was only outfitting for an office of four.

"Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

www.touchstoneinsurance.ca

Old Post 03-02-2017 01:39 PM
Masked Bandit is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Masked Bandit Click here to Send Masked Bandit a Private Message Visit Masked Bandit's homepage! Find more posts by Masked Bandit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
imranm

quote:

Thanks looks like Source will be one of my Stop points!

Old Post 03-02-2017 02:33 PM
darthVWader
Neutral

What I drive: VW Jetta TDLie
Posts/Day: 0.11
Trader Rating: (2)

quote:

Try and breakdown what you need for furniture per office and what you want to spend per office. Desk, cabinets and chairs.
Price out new from the source, grand and toy and any of the real office furniture players like RGO, McCrums, COI and DIRTT. See what they can offer for new and see what they have for used.

Right now Calgary has a glut of used furniture in the market.

I would hit RGO and McCrums for good used. Just make sure to work in low costs for delivery and install as that is where they can nail you.

Old Post 03-02-2017 03:45 PM
darthVWader is offline Click Here to See the Profile for darthVWader Click here to Send darthVWader a Private Message Find more posts by darthVWader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blindsight

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.02
Trader Rating: (0)

quote:

Last edited by blindsight on 03-09-2017 at 05:22 AM

Old Post 03-02-2017 04:24 PM
blindsight is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blindsight Click here to Send blindsight a Private Message Visit blindsight's homepage! Find more posts by blindsight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
imranm

quote:

I am getting quotes from RGO, Element, and AllSold - two of which do used. I will contact McCrums.

Because we are in the finance business being Downtown is a must.

For Fullly furnished, the space is 99% sublease so if you are looking short term its fine, unfortunately, we needed a long term space, a lot of which comes blank with TI.

Old Post 03-02-2017 04:37 PM
The time now is 10:12 AM (GMT) Post New Thread   
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > General > Suggestions for Office Furniture

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: