Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Travel and Vacation > Amazing Ice Bubble Lake(Abraham Lake in Alberta)

Author
Thread
craftfun

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.00
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%

Amazing Ice Bubble Lake(Abraham Lake in Alberta) quote:

Start from Calgary, take highway No.1 to Banff, and turn to No.93 (Jasper direction), then take No.11 (49 km),Total is 310 km.

Abraham Lake (Ice Bubble Lake) is an artificial lake in the western Saskatchewan River, 310 km from Calgary, about 53.7 square kilometers, about 32 km. Built in 1972, it is the most amazing place in the cold winter, During the winter, there are ton of bubbles in the lake, which because flammable methane gas, coming from the depth a result of bacterias decomposing organic material. This creates the unusual phenomena, which looks so incredible in winter.

Video is the scenery of the winter, Click to open, Thank you for watching.

https://youtu.be/rUng9Rlkwb4

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-02-2017 11:17 PM
craftfun is offline Click Here to See the Profile for craftfun Click here to Send craftfun a Private Message Find more posts by craftfun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

jwslam
Second Gear

What I drive: is easy to spot
Posts/Day: 0.43
Trader Rating: (61)
User Rating: 96%

quote:

Don't really have to go that far.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/g...kes-in-pictures

Old Post 03-03-2017 03:06 PM
jwslam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jwslam Click here to Send jwslam a Private Message Find more posts by jwslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sabad66
Second Gear

What I drive: 2013 Q5
Posts/Day: 0.31
Trader Rating: (77)

quote:

Love Abraham Lake. We camped there in the summer, but haven't seen it in the winter.

Only thing is you have to pay for a park pass (unless you go this year) if you take the banff route. If you go up through rocky mountain house it's faster and you can avoid that $20.

Banff route is a lot more scenic though...worth it if you haven't driven it before.

Old Post 03-03-2017 07:19 PM
sabad66 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sabad66 Click here to Send sabad66 a Private Message Find more posts by sabad66 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brent.ff
Neutral

What I drive: '14 Taco
Posts/Day: 0.11

quote:

Originally posted by sabad66
Love Abraham Lake. We camped there in the summer, but haven't seen it in the winter.

Only thing is you have to pay for a park pass (unless you go this year) if you take the banff route. If you go up through rocky mountain house it's faster and you can avoid that $20.

Banff route is a lot more scenic though...worth it if you haven't driven it before.

Even more worth it in the winter. The frozen waterfalls everywhere are spectacular

Old Post 03-03-2017 07:50 PM
Brent.ff is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brent.ff Click here to Send Brent.ff a Private Message Find more posts by Brent.ff Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
craftfun

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.00

quote:

I try to go there this summer, hope still make me surprise!

Old Post 03-04-2017 03:03 AM
craftfun is offline Click Here to See the Profile for craftfun Click here to Send craftfun a Private Message Find more posts by craftfun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 06:50 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Travel and Vacation > Amazing Ice Bubble Lake(Abraham Lake in Alberta)

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: