Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Computers, Consoles, and other Electronics > eBay USA-only shipping dilemma

Author
Thread
creeper

What I drive: 2004 Lotus Esprit
Posts/Day: 0.01
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%

eBay USA-only shipping dilemma quote:

There is a piece of niche-photography equipment that I'd like to buy, but the seller only ships to PayPal confirmed USA addresses, due to size/weight restrictions. Item is $5000 and roughly the size of a mini-fridge.

Is there some kind of a work around? A Re-shipper service or something?

Probably cheaper to book a flight and pick-it up myself than ship to Canada!

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-03-2017 09:42 PM
creeper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for creeper Click here to Send creeper a Private Message Find more posts by creeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

eglove
Third Gear

What I drive: FERD
Posts/Day: 0.94
Trader Rating: (128)
User Rating: 94%

quote:

Ship it to Montana? Lot of beyonders have done that

Old Post 03-03-2017 09:44 PM
eglove is offline Click Here to See the Profile for eglove Click here to Send eglove a Private Message Find more posts by eglove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
carson blocks
First Gear

What I drive: '16 Longhorn / '04 Z06 / MT-01
Posts/Day: 0.13
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 103%

quote:

There are two places on Oak st in Sweetgrass Montana that I have stuff like that shipped to, then go down and get it myself. They're just minutes from the border and the fees are nominal. One is called 'At the border storage', google will get you their particulars.

Originally posted by heavyfuel
like fuck if I ever want a toy that has an engine. Bikes, sleds, quads, no fuckin way. I much prefer to get on a mountain bike and earn it like a man. Real toys don't have engines. "Motor" and "sport" should never be associated with each other if you ask me.

Old Post 03-03-2017 09:48 PM
carson blocks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for carson blocks Click here to Send carson blocks a Private Message Find more posts by carson blocks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thaco
sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)

What I drive: Rage2
Posts/Day: 0.71
Trader Rating: (29)
User Rating: 90%

quote:

http://montanashipping.com

i use them all the time, probably only cost you at most $20 for that item and they'll hold it for as long as you need

they also do relay shipping, but i've never used that, its only about 7 hours round trip and $40 gas in my ecobox

Old Post 03-03-2017 10:25 PM
Thaco is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Thaco Click here to Send Thaco a Private Message Find more posts by Thaco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
benyl
Hayan Namja

What I drive: One from Affalterbach and Dearborn
Posts/Day: 1.65
Trader Rating: (22)
User Rating: 250%

quote:

dykpost

look it up.

Old Post 03-03-2017 10:31 PM
benyl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for benyl Click here to Send benyl a Private Message Find more posts by benyl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
eblend
Second Gear

What I drive: 03 Cadillac CTS
Posts/Day: 0.50
Trader Rating: (101)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

I used montana shipping outlet in Eurika just about a month ago, cost me $4 USD. Keep in mind....if you go there and right back...technically you don't get any tax exemption, so if you declare, you will probably have to pay GST + duties or whatever. My package was only $150 and I was already in Fernie for unrelated trip, so the boarder agent just waved me through without paying anything, but I believe you are supposed to.

Old Post 03-04-2017 01:40 AM
eblend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for eblend Click here to Send eblend a Private Message Find more posts by eblend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tik-Tok
Cowboy Hunter

What I drive: Japanese functionality, Swedish style.
Posts/Day: 1.55
Trader Rating: (12)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

Originally posted by eblend
Ibut I believe you are supposed to.

Yeah, all depends on the person working at the moment you pass through. I've been let go without paying anything, and alternatively, and also had to show receipts for every single item I had, and prove country of manufacture for duties.

95% of the time though, they just want you to pay GST. Too much time and paperwork for them for the non-nafta duties, lol.

Last edited by Tik-Tok on 03-04-2017 at 04:20 AM

Old Post 03-04-2017 02:49 AM
Tik-Tok is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Tik-Tok Click here to Send Tik-Tok a Private Message Find more posts by Tik-Tok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thaco
sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)

What I drive: Rage2
Posts/Day: 0.71
Trader Rating: (29)
User Rating: 90%

quote:

yeah eureka seems easier, bunch of ski bums dont really care, but as long as you're being honest and arent excessively over they'll usually let it go... i did have to pay one time but we just went to MSO and grabbed like $1000 of stuff and came back 15 minutes later so i fully expected it

Old Post 03-04-2017 03:37 AM
Thaco is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Thaco Click here to Send Thaco a Private Message Find more posts by Thaco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thetransporter
First Gear

What I drive: acura TYPE A
Posts/Day: 0.12
Trader Rating: (1)

quote:

easy:

1.) ask seller if i can provide USPS shipping label

2) make USPS label at USPS.gov website

I ordered a smart card once a seller wanted $40 dollar shipping to Canada, he "mailed it" cost him $1 or so . I ask what gives. He explained he knew it was wrong but "all the sellers do it"

Old Post 03-06-2017 05:58 AM
thetransporter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thetransporter Click here to Send thetransporter a Private Message Find more posts by thetransporter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
canadian_hustla
First Gear

What I drive: **FJ CRUISER**
Posts/Day: 0.12
Trader Rating: (47)

quote:

Originally posted by benyl
dykpost

look it up.

I just used dykpost to deliver an item i wanted off ebay where the seller stipulated 'US shipping only'. I am a newbie to the service, however my first impression is that it is an A+ service. It was a small dollar item $25usd, so more of a trial run before i start with more expensive items

The seller was absolutely ok with sending to an address that did not match my billing info. Probably because i have 100% feedback

As for dykpost.
Communication was excellent. They even send you an email when your item is ready for pickup.

Went to their office right off mcknight, looks like a small family run operation (they were doing inventory by pen/paper and as i stepped in) but their van doors were open and it was packed with packages. It cost around $26cdn in extra charges, (duty, gst, warehouse fee, their fee) so maybe not the best for smaller items unless you MUST have it, but for larger ones it is absolutely worth it.

Would use again. I really hope they stick around

PS - most US sellers ship to US for free. So there is a high probability the fees will be a wash

Old Post 03-25-2017 02:01 AM
canadian_hustla is offline Click Here to See the Profile for canadian_hustla Click here to Send canadian_hustla a Private Message Find more posts by canadian_hustla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 04:06 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Computers, Consoles, and other Electronics > eBay USA-only shipping dilemma

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: