Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Computers, Consoles, and other Electronics > Micro SD memory cards for Samsung S7

Author
Thread
LUDELVR
I Spread Feminine Itch

What I drive: Anything topless.
Posts/Day: 0.56
Trader Rating: (15)
User Rating: 100%

Micro SD memory cards for Samsung S7 quote:

Well, after buying a dodgy 32 gig memory card from eBay and having a couple month's worth of photos lost, I think I need an actual brand name memory card!

I've read reviews on fake memory cards so I'm not going to buy this online anymore so can anyone recommend a good micro SD card for a Samsun S7? I'm currently looking at the samsung evo plus from staples for 50 dollars. What should I stay away from? Lexar has one at staples for 25 dollars I think for a 64 gig as well but I've read some bad reviews on that one.

Essentially, it's for photos and videos and I just don't want to have issues with it deleting and losing all my files.

WTF!! I am a moderator!!

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-07-2017 06:42 PM
LUDELVR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for LUDELVR Click here to Send LUDELVR a Private Message Find more posts by LUDELVR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

mazdavirgin
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.05
Trader Rating: (0)

quote:

https://www.amazon.ca/Samsung-Class...+32+gig+samsung

You just have to make sure you're buying from legit vendors. It's a samsung product sold directly through amazon. I wouldn't worry at all about it being "fake".

Old Post 03-07-2017 06:45 PM
mazdavirgin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mazdavirgin Click here to Send mazdavirgin a Private Message Find more posts by mazdavirgin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LUDELVR
I Spread Feminine Itch

quote:

Originally posted by mazdavirgin
https://www.amazon.ca/Samsung-Class...+32+gig+samsung

You just have to make sure you're buying from legit vendors. It's a samsung product sold directly through amazon. I wouldn't worry at all about it being "fake".

Reading the reviews and comments for the 64 gig, apparently someone got a fake as well! I honestly don't want to have to deal with it considering that I'm still pretty pissed off for losing so many photos of my kid the last past 2 months.

I reckon the extra 15 dollars I would spend buying it from staples would alleviate some of my concern. At least I can go in and deal with them in person instead of having to ship and wait for emails.

Samsung 64 gig memory card

WTF!! I am a moderator!!

Old Post 03-07-2017 06:54 PM
LUDELVR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for LUDELVR Click here to Send LUDELVR a Private Message Find more posts by LUDELVR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
speedog
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.64
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 104%

quote:

Storing a copy of your pictures in a back up location would be a good practice as well.

Old Post 03-07-2017 06:58 PM
speedog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for speedog Click here to Send speedog a Private Message Find more posts by speedog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rage2

What I drive: Ricer SUV, Lexus Coupe in Mid Life Crisis Orange
Posts/Day: 1.10
Trader Rating: (25)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Originally posted by speedog
Storing a copy of your pictures in a back up location would be a good practice as well.

Especially when Google offers cloud backups (at high res, not original res) for free.

Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Old Post 03-07-2017 07:07 PM
rage2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rage2 Click here to Send rage2 a Private Message Visit rage2's homepage! Find more posts by rage2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LUDELVR
I Spread Feminine Itch

quote:

Originally posted by rage2

Especially when Google offers cloud backups (at high res, not original res) for free.

Yeah, I've just got my phone to automatically save photos and videos to my one drive account and they were giving that 100 gig storage for free for a year but I'm wondering, what happens if I forget to renew it and after the year my storage drops back to what ever it was, something like 5 gigs. If I have more than that, does all my info over the initial storage get deleted?

WTF!! I am a moderator!!

Old Post 03-07-2017 07:22 PM
LUDELVR
I Spread Feminine Itch

quote:

And back to the original question, what's a good memory card? I'm assuming that the Samsung one would be decent in the S7 no?

WTF!! I am a moderator!!

Old Post 03-07-2017 07:23 PM
Dblock5

What I drive: 2010 Camaro LS
Posts/Day: 0.01
Trader Rating: (1)

quote:

Sandisk works well with the Galaxies. Had one in my S5 and didn't have a issue. It was also a 64GB one.

Old Post 03-07-2017 07:29 PM
Dblock5 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dblock5 Click here to Send Dblock5 a Private Message Find more posts by Dblock5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yellowsnow
First Gear

What I drive: WRX, Audi A4 Avant
Posts/Day: 0.16
Trader Rating: (7)

quote:

Sandisk or Samsung only for me. if you buy on amazon, just make sure you're not buying from a third party seller.

if you don't renew your one drive subscription, they will delete your files after a certain period of time

Old Post 03-07-2017 11:45 PM
yellowsnow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yellowsnow Click here to Send yellowsnow a Private Message Find more posts by yellowsnow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thaco
sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)

What I drive: Rage2
Posts/Day: 0.71
Trader Rating: (29)
User Rating: 90%

quote:

if you have a costco membership you can check them, i have bought several sandisk 128gb cards from them at a very reasonable price and they're all working well.

I use google drive and dropbox for syncing, (google drive for unlimited storage at high res, and dropbox for transferring to my PC at original res)

Old Post 03-07-2017 11:48 PM
Thaco is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Thaco Click here to Send Thaco a Private Message Find more posts by Thaco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
schocker
Fifth Gear

What I drive: Euro Accord Brah
Posts/Day: 1.47
Trader Rating: (1)

quote:

Originally posted by Thaco
if you have a costco membership you can check them, i have bought several sandisk 128gb cards from them at a very reasonable price and they're all working well.

I use google drive and dropbox for syncing, (google drive for unlimited storage at high res, and dropbox for transferring to my PC at original res)

Yup, bought a 128gb Sandisk Ultra for ~$47 for my GS7 a few weeks ago at costco. I think that is significantly cheaper than elsewhere.

Amazon prime is a good option for backup too as it is unlimited photo storage at original quality.

Old Post 03-07-2017 11:58 PM
schocker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for schocker Click here to Send schocker a Private Message Visit schocker's homepage! Find more posts by schocker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thaco

quote:

Originally posted by schocker

Yup, bought a 128gb Sandisk Ultra for ~$47 for my GS7 a few weeks ago at costco. I think that is significantly cheaper than elsewhere.

Amazon prime is a good option for backup too as it is unlimited photo storage at original quality.

they were $35 on boxing week, couldn't believe it, that was on par with USA sales, but 50 is still a damn good price.

Old Post 03-08-2017 01:09 AM
Thaco is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Thaco Click here to Send Thaco a Private Message Find more posts by Thaco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LUDELVR
I Spread Feminine Itch

quote:

Originally posted by Thaco

What's the price after the year is year is up for free storage?

Looks like I'm heading to Costco!

WTF!! I am a moderator!!

Old Post 03-08-2017 01:31 AM
LUDELVR
I Spread Feminine Itch

quote:

And I'm assuming I don't have to worry about fake cards from Costco do I?

WTF!! I am a moderator!!

Old Post 03-08-2017 01:35 AM
Escape

What I drive:

quote:

Originally posted by LUDELVR
And I'm assuming I don't have to worry about fake cards from Costco do I?

You dont have to worry about fake cards if you buy from any reputable seller, amazon included. Make sure the seller is amazon.ca itself, not some 3rd party seller. Also make sure the sd card brand is a known brand, Samsung, sandisk, adata, kingston, lexar etc and read reviews for that specific card on amazon.com

Samsung evo+ is a good card http://www.staples.ca/en/Samsung-EV...08_1-CA_1_20001

Old Post 03-08-2017 02:16 AM
Escape is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Escape Click here to Send Escape a Private Message Find more posts by Escape Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Escape

What I drive:

quote:

Reading the reviews and comments for the 64 gig, apparently someone got a fake as well! I honestly don't want to have to deal with it considering that I'm still pretty pissed off for losing so many photos of my kid the last past 2 months.

I reckon the extra 15 dollars I would spend buying it from staples would alleviate some of my concern. At least I can go in and deal with them in person instead of having to ship and wait for emails.

Samsung 64 gig memory card

Did you try a recovery program? the photos might still be recoverable

Old Post 03-08-2017 02:19 AM
Escape is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Escape Click here to Send Escape a Private Message Find more posts by Escape Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Escape

What I drive:

quote:

Yeah, I've just got my phone to automatically save photos and videos to my one drive account and they were giving that 100 gig storage for free for a year but I'm wondering, what happens if I forget to renew it and after the year my storage drops back to what ever it was, something like 5 gigs. If I have more than that, does all my info over the initial storage get deleted?

it doesn't get deleted (atleast not immediately) but you can't add more stuff to your account unless you buy more storage.

Google photos free backup is nice. Works automatically and you get free unlimited storage upto 16mp. Most smartphone cameras are less than that anyways. But their interface and organization is horrible. I don't think you can do nested folders.

If you like onedrive, you might want to consider the $69/yr office365 personal plan that gives you Office for 1 computer, 1 tab and 1 phone and 1TB onedrive storage. It's good value if you need both office and onedrive anyways

Last edited by Escape on 03-08-2017 at 02:32 AM

Old Post 03-08-2017 02:22 AM
Thaco

quote:

What's the price after the year is year is up for free storage?

Looks like I'm heading to Costco!

google's photo storage is indefinite if its "high res", that said, i still back it up on to my physical drive every couple weeks.

Old Post 03-08-2017 03:28 AM
dj_rice
owned by an '08 n00b! LOL

What I drive: 93 240sx SE, 02 Pathfinder LE
Posts/Day: 1.19
Trader Rating: (34)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

I've been using an Adata Premiere I bought from MemX. Works good.

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

Old Post 03-08-2017 03:40 AM
dj_rice is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dj_rice Click here to Send dj_rice a Private Message Find more posts by dj_rice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mar
Second Gear

What I drive: 2015 Hyundai Veloster
Posts/Day: 0.44
Trader Rating: (14)
User Rating: 88%

quote:

I just bought a 32 gibibyte Lexar card from Memory Express for $15, regular price.
I would say you don't need a large card though, look into some sort of media sharing service where your photos automatically get uploaded to a cloud service. Microsoft has One Drive, Apple has the iCloud, even Asus and other computer companies have their own, I like OwnCloud. Any photo I take on my phone is automatically on my cloud server and then every computer in my house automatically pulls it down so even if someone stole my phone I wouldn't lose any photos. And I don't need to transfer them to my computer, it's automatic.

Originally posted by Go4Long
or else what? you'll turn on the caps lock?
you do realize this is the internet right? lol

Originally posted by rob the knob
mar, you are good guy at heart
you must realize your limitations
then you will be happy if you fine place in live

Originally posted by blitz
Jesus man, I know you like Transformers, but you need to get out more. No one should get this upset over a movie based on children's toys.

Old Post 03-08-2017 06:04 AM
Mar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mar Click here to Send Mar a Private Message Find more posts by Mar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 04:10 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Computers, Consoles, and other Electronics > Micro SD memory cards for Samsung S7

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: