Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Careers > Current Job Duties differ from Job Title

Author
Thread
ajooo
Neutral

What I drive: 12 civic si
Posts/Day: 0.06
Trader Rating: (7)
User Rating: 98%

Current Job Duties differ from Job Title quote:

Basically as the title states, at my current job I am doing a bunch of tasks regarding design/drafting however when I was hired at this company it was for a lower position.

Do I have grounds to approach my supervisor/manager and question the rate I am currently getting paid for the tasks I'm doing?

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-09-2017 08:57 PM
ajooo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ajooo Click here to Send ajooo a Private Message Find more posts by ajooo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

riander5
First Gear

What I drive: Lexus IS250
Posts/Day: 0.14
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Sure

Old Post 03-09-2017 09:01 PM
riander5 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for riander5 Click here to Send riander5 a Private Message Find more posts by riander5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sugarphreak
Fifth Gear

What I drive: A moving pylon
Posts/Day: 2.09
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 155%

quote:

I've had this issue in the past, and it is worth having a frank and honst conversation with your manager or supervisor (which ever one is actually in charge of your rate, not the 2nd in command). Just keep it light and positive and it will be easy.

Old Post 03-09-2017 09:11 PM
Sugarphreak is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sugarphreak Click here to Send Sugarphreak a Private Message Find more posts by Sugarphreak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JfuckinC
Second Gear

What I drive: CRF450R, Ram 1500
Posts/Day: 0.39
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 96%

quote:

So you were hired as a junior and you're doing intermediate duties? Or hired as a monkey and doing Project management? Anytime you're doing more than you're being paid for you should probably try and get compensation.

Unless you are over valuing yourself like a lot of us drafters do

Old Post 03-09-2017 09:12 PM
JfuckinC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JfuckinC Click here to Send JfuckinC a Private Message Find more posts by JfuckinC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ExtraSlow
Third Gear

What I drive: 2010 Recession Fighter LX
Posts/Day: 1.12
Trader Rating: (27)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

Fucking drafters

Old Post 03-10-2017 02:11 PM
ExtraSlow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ExtraSlow Click here to Send ExtraSlow a Private Message Find more posts by ExtraSlow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
legendboy
AMG Killer

What I drive: 6.7 CUMMINS
Posts/Day: 0.84
Trader Rating: (28)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Here is some life advice for ya:

If you don't ask, you don't get.

https:[email protected]

Old Post 03-10-2017 02:44 PM
legendboy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for legendboy Click here to Send legendboy a Private Message Find more posts by legendboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
schurchill39
Second Gear

What I drive: Ford, Acura, Harley
Posts/Day: 0.34
Trader Rating: (15)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Like I tell my wife when she is talking about her compensation at work "worst case scenario is you get told no. But if you don't ask they don't have the opportunity to say yes"

Originally posted by rage2
...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
You dudes have some squeaky clean assholes. I commend you.

Old Post 03-10-2017 02:48 PM
schurchill39 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for schurchill39 Click here to Send schurchill39 a Private Message Find more posts by schurchill39 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ercchry
Fifth Gear

What I drive: E90M3 510 Wagon
Posts/Day: 1.51
Trader Rating: (6)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Not enough cheesy lines...

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"

Old Post 03-10-2017 04:02 PM
ercchry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ercchry Click here to Send ercchry a Private Message Visit ercchry's homepage! Find more posts by ercchry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HiTempguy1
First Gear

What I drive: 1995 WRX STi
Posts/Day: 0.29
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

Originally posted by schurchill39
Like I tell my wife

Thought this was going a COMPLETELY different direction at first glance

Old Post 03-11-2017 10:29 PM
HiTempguy1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HiTempguy1 Click here to Send HiTempguy1 a Private Message Find more posts by HiTempguy1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kloubek
Fourth Gear

What I drive: A vehicle or two
Posts/Day: 1.14
Trader Rating: (35)
User Rating: 96%

quote:

Absolutely make mention of it. But don't go in with attitude or sounding like you are insisting on a raise to that position level. Just casually mention that you're doing far more advanced work now as opposed to when you were hired and that pay level was negotiated.

Originally posted by A790 10/10, would let Jeff in my mouth again.

Old Post 03-11-2017 10:41 PM
Kloubek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kloubek Click here to Send Kloubek a Private Message Find more posts by Kloubek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
zhao

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.01
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Originally posted by schurchill39
Like I tell my wife when she is talking about her compensation at work "worst case scenario is you get told no. But if you don't ask they don't have the opportunity to say yes"

The worst they do is let you go. I've seen that before. Asking for more money when the company isn't doing well or the economy is in the shittier could end up with your name on the top of the list of who to let go if it comes to layoffs.

IMO, but I feel the best way to get a raise or promotion is usually to switch companies. I've been promoted many times at a company, but never with a huge increase in pay.

Old Post 03-12-2017 05:04 PM
zhao is offline Click Here to See the Profile for zhao Click here to Send zhao a Private Message Find more posts by zhao Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rinny
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.07
Trader Rating: (12)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

Yep, I've recently been moved into a different group and wear several hats including front-end applications engineer. When GM of my company sat us down to explain the move last week and mentioned wearing "this hat", I asked if I would be receiving commission cheques the way that other apps engineers receive. After bumbling around and making generic business excuses that you're either a Proj. Eng or an Apps Eng the answer was no, but definitely was worth asking.

Old Post 03-12-2017 11:25 PM
rinny is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rinny Click here to Send rinny a Private Message Find more posts by rinny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 02:28 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Careers > Current Job Duties differ from Job Title

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: