Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Travel and Vacation > Travel converter help (240 to 120V)

Author
Thread
Dumbass17
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.22
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 91%

Travel converter help (240 to 120V) quote:

So I bought this
https://www.amazon.ca/BESTEK-Intern...uct_top?ie=UTF8
which converts 240V to 120V and is rated at 200W.
I understand I cannot use hairdryers and toasters and the like with it, but what about TVs and surround sound system?
I looked at my TV and it said 39-79W. So since this is rated at 200W, it should be fine, right?
The back of my surround system says 39W with a power output of 500W, so this device should work right?
I realize it's a dumb question, i'm just surprised that this device is recommended for powering laptops and phones and not high heat devices but it doesn't say anything about TVs/surround sound.
Silly country with 240V power!

Additionally, my laptops specs say "maximum 65w power supply". Does that mean this 200W is too much, or will my laptop only suck 65w out of the converter and it'll be fine?

Power = not my forte

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-13-2017 03:09 AM
Dumbass17 is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Dumbass17 Click here to Send Dumbass17 a Private Message Find more posts by Dumbass17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 06:54 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Travel and Vacation > Travel converter help (240 to 120V)

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: