Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Society / Law / Current Events / Politics > NDP Phone Survey

Author
Thread
ercchry
Fifth Gear

What I drive: E90M3 510 Wagon
Posts/Day: 1.51
Trader Rating: (6)
User Rating: 99%

NDP Phone Survey quote:

Anyone else get one of these calls?

Curious if it's actually more than one question.

Starts off with giving their contact info, then "press 1 for right track, 2 for wrong track"

Obviously I pick 2, then it asks for the first 3 digits of my postal code (which is a blue ward) then contact info again and 'click'

What a waste of resources if that's it... or are they cherry picking participants for a larger survey?

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-14-2017 07:20 PM
ercchry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ercchry Click here to Send ercchry a Private Message Visit ercchry's homepage! Find more posts by ercchry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

carson blocks
First Gear

What I drive: Leaks oil and is slower than taking the bus.
Posts/Day: 0.13
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 103%

quote:

Yeah, I got the same call.

Originally posted by heavyfuel
like fuck if I ever want a toy that has an engine. Bikes, sleds, quads, no fuckin way. I much prefer to get on a mountain bike and earn it like a man. Real toys don't have engines. "Motor" and "sport" should never be associated with each other if you ask me.

Old Post 03-14-2017 07:52 PM
carson blocks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for carson blocks Click here to Send carson blocks a Private Message Find more posts by carson blocks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
civic_stylez
Second Gear

What I drive: starts with a screwdriver...
Posts/Day: 0.23
Trader Rating: (8)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Did exactly the same thing.. Press 2 to tell them they suck and then hang up once they ask for postal code. When the Wild Rose called me, it was a real person and we chatted for a good 10 mins. They valued my input. The NDP are so used to people telling them to fuck off they have to use automated lol

Old Post 03-14-2017 08:08 PM
civic_stylez is offline Click Here to See the Profile for civic_stylez Click here to Send civic_stylez a Private Message Find more posts by civic_stylez Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tik-Tok
Cowboy Hunter

What I drive: Japanese functionality, Swedish style.
Posts/Day: 1.55
Trader Rating: (12)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

You got that far? I hung up as soon as I heard an automated machine.

Old Post 03-14-2017 08:24 PM
Tik-Tok is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tik-Tok Click here to Send Tik-Tok a Private Message Find more posts by Tik-Tok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ercchry
Fifth Gear

quote:

Originally posted by Tik-Tok
You got that far? I hung up as soon as I heard an automated machine.

I was curious... thought maybe it was about free light bulbs or some other nonsense

Old Post 03-14-2017 08:27 PM
ercchry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ercchry Click here to Send ercchry a Private Message Visit ercchry's homepage! Find more posts by ercchry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
carson blocks
First Gear

What I drive: Leaks oil and is slower than taking the bus.
Posts/Day: 0.13
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 103%

quote:

Originally posted by civic_stylez
When the Wild Rose called me, it was a real person and we chatted for a good 10 mins. They valued my input. The NDP are so used to people telling them to fuck off they have to use automated lol

To play devils advocate, how many real people are going to volunteer to call the average Albertan and ask to hear their real opinion on the NDP?
Your average NDP party member is likely a little too fragile to hear what the average farmer thinks about them and their party.

Originally posted by heavyfuel
like fuck if I ever want a toy that has an engine. Bikes, sleds, quads, no fuckin way. I much prefer to get on a mountain bike and earn it like a man. Real toys don't have engines. "Motor" and "sport" should never be associated with each other if you ask me.

Old Post 03-14-2017 08:30 PM
carson blocks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for carson blocks Click here to Send carson blocks a Private Message Find more posts by carson blocks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Xtrema
Sixth Gear

What I drive: 2016 MB C450
Posts/Day: 1.55
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

They called my cell, wtf.

Old Post 03-14-2017 08:35 PM
Xtrema is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Xtrema Click here to Send Xtrema a Private Message Find more posts by Xtrema Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
phreezee
First Gear

What I drive:

quote:

I was about to hang up, but the wait to tell the NDP they weren't "On the right track" provided me with a lot of satisfaction.

Old Post 03-14-2017 08:52 PM
phreezee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for phreezee Click here to Send phreezee a Private Message Find more posts by phreezee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sabad66
Second Gear

What I drive: 2013 Q5
Posts/Day: 0.31
Trader Rating: (77)

quote:

Is it actually from the NDP? Maybe it's one of the opposition parties doing it so that they can have some stats to say "look, 75% think you guys are not on track"

Old Post 03-14-2017 09:05 PM
sabad66 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sabad66 Click here to Send sabad66 a Private Message Find more posts by sabad66 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ercchry
Fifth Gear

quote:

Caller ID is 'ANDP Caucus'

Old Post 03-14-2017 09:35 PM
civic_stylez
Second Gear

What I drive: starts with a screwdriver...

quote:

Originally posted by carson blocks

To play devils advocate, how many real people are going to volunteer to call the average Albertan and ask to hear their real opinion on the NDP?
Your average NDP party member is likely a little too fragile to hear what the average farmer thinks about them and their party.

I agree with you but you would think that while the other parties are using real people and taking feedback to heart, you would think our "great and glorious NDP" party would talk to Albertans and try and salvage their sinking ship. Why bother calling at all? All they need to do is to read the comment section of the sun or herald to see that the majority of Alberta is "pressing 2".

Old Post 03-14-2017 10:36 PM
civic_stylez is offline Click Here to See the Profile for civic_stylez Click here to Send civic_stylez a Private Message Find more posts by civic_stylez Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rx7_turbo2
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.22
Trader Rating: (3)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

Originally posted by sabad66
Is it actually from the NDP? Maybe it's one of the opposition parties doing it so that they can have some stats to say "look, 75% think you guys are not on track"

When I first heard about this that was my thought as well, but nope it's legit.

Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.

Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?

Originally posted by Toma
rx7_turbfoags best friend

Toma the homophobe?

Old Post 03-14-2017 11:08 PM
rx7_turbo2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rx7_turbo2 Click here to Send rx7_turbo2 a Private Message Find more posts by rx7_turbo2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ee2k

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.03
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

I hung up twice after it started. Relentless. They called 3x today. Blocked call.

Old Post 03-15-2017 01:37 AM
ee2k is online now Click Here to See the Profile for ee2k Click here to Send ee2k a Private Message Find more posts by ee2k Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TomcoPDR
Slanty Gwai Lo

What I drive: Bowtie
Posts/Day: 0.73
Trader Rating: (78)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

Originally posted by Xtrema
They called my cell, wtf.

Me too it was from 403-451-4896

Old Post 03-15-2017 03:07 AM
TomcoPDR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TomcoPDR Click here to Send TomcoPDR a Private Message Find more posts by TomcoPDR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 10:33 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Society / Law / Current Events / Politics > NDP Phone Survey

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: