Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Society / Law / Current Events / Politics > Canada: from bad to worse.

Author
Thread
Buster
First Gear

What I drive: 2012 CTS-V Wagon, 2012 GL350
Posts/Day: 0.13
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 97%

Canada: from bad to worse. quote:

We all know how dysfunctional confederation is with respect to representative government on a national level, federal over-reach, equalization payments, general incompetence, and an Ottawa/Toronto/Montreal voter base that has a child-like mentality.

But there is more incoming shortly, in the form of taxes:

- Capital gains inclusion rates jumping to 75%
- increases in income taxes across the board.
- special taxes on gains from business startups
- tracking of real-estate cost base to ensure that primary residence will be taxed at a capital gain.
- special taxes for small corporations that employ family members
- tax base for 1%s is going to 54%.

If I had an easy path to get the hell out of Canada, I'd be long gone.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-15-2017 06:39 PM
Buster is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Buster Click here to Send Buster a Private Message Find more posts by Buster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Sugarphreak
Fifth Gear

What I drive: A moving pylon
Posts/Day: 2.08
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 155%

quote:

Gotta pay for Mincome somehow

Old Post 03-15-2017 06:43 PM
Sugarphreak is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sugarphreak Click here to Send Sugarphreak a Private Message Find more posts by Sugarphreak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Marsh
Neutral

What I drive: 535i Xdrive
Posts/Day: 0.05
Trader Rating: (5)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

The tax changes to startups regarding stock options and capital gains taxes are retarded. Its taking away the incentive to go above and beyond and work hard, and innovate. Might as well just go on welfare, seems like that's where things are headed. Will pay more than actually doing anything

Old Post 03-15-2017 06:44 PM
Marsh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Marsh Click here to Send Marsh a Private Message Find more posts by Marsh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
suntan
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.24
Trader Rating: (0)

quote:

Trudeau's got his, fuck everybody else.

Old Post 03-15-2017 06:45 PM
suntan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for suntan Click here to Send suntan a Private Message Find more posts by suntan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Buster
First Gear

What I drive: 2012 CTS-V Wagon, 2012 GL350

quote:

Originally posted by Marsh
The tax changes to startups regarding stock options and capital gains taxes are retarded. Its taking away the incentive to go above and beyond and work hard, and innovate. Might as well just go on welfare, seems like that's where things are headed. Will pay more than actually doing anything

A friend of mine summed up Canada perfectly: "It's a great place for average people to continue to be average."

Old Post 03-15-2017 06:52 PM
Buster is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Buster Click here to Send Buster a Private Message Find more posts by Buster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kertejud2

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.01

Re: Canada: from bad to worse. quote:

Originally posted by Buster

A friend of mine summed up Canada perfectly: "It's a great place for average people to continue to be average."

The easiest way to get it of Canada is to have a passport to another country (ideally an EU country). The second easiest is to be above average so other countries are more than happy to bring you in.

Just sayin'.

Old Post 03-15-2017 07:33 PM
kertejud2 is online now Click Here to See the Profile for kertejud2 Click here to Send kertejud2 a Private Message Find more posts by kertejud2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sugarphreak
Fifth Gear

What I drive: A moving pylon
Posts/Day: 2.08
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 155%

quote:

Originally posted by Marsh
Might as well just go on welfare, seems like that's where things are headed. Will pay more than actually doing anything

This is basically my plan

Whenever Mincome comes along, I plan to stop working and put my feet up. Probably do some side work under the table when I need a new car, but no point in working if the government is just going to pay people the same amount to sit around.

Old Post 03-15-2017 07:42 PM
Sugarphreak is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sugarphreak Click here to Send Sugarphreak a Private Message Find more posts by Sugarphreak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cjblair
Second Gear

What I drive: Jap V8
Posts/Day: 0.53
Trader Rating: (5)

quote:

Originally posted by kertejud2

The easiest way to get it of Canada is to have a passport to another country (ideally an EU country). The second easiest is to be above average so other countries are more than happy to bring you in.

Just sayin'.

It's true.

You can essentially buy your way into the States, my parents were looking at it. You have to be willing to make a reasonably sizable investment (I think >$500k), and you've got a few choices for what to invest in, and I believe it fast tracks you to a green card or something. I don't know the details obviously, but one of their friends recently went through the process successfully.

Old Post 03-15-2017 07:48 PM
cjblair is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cjblair Click here to Send cjblair a Private Message Find more posts by cjblair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
suntan
First Gear

What I drive:

Re: Re: Canada: from bad to worse. quote:

Originally posted by kertejud2

Just sayin'.

True liberal tolerance on display right here folks.

Old Post 03-15-2017 07:54 PM
suntan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for suntan Click here to Send suntan a Private Message Find more posts by suntan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
max_boost
Beyond Bully

What I drive: nothing special :(
Posts/Day: 1.79
Trader Rating: (31)
User Rating: 123%

quote:

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

Whenever Mincome comes along, I plan to stop working and put my feet up. Probably do some side work under the table when I need a new car, but no point in working if the government is just going to pay people the same amount to sit around.

lol that's my plan too

Originally posted by cjblair

It's true.

You can essentially buy your way into the States, my parents were looking at it. You have to be willing to make a reasonably sizable investment (I think >$500k), and you've got a few choices for what to invest in, and I believe it fast tracks you to a green card or something. I don't know the details obviously, but one of their friends recently went through the process successfully.

I think Canada had something similar but closed the program

Old Post 03-15-2017 07:55 PM
max_boost is offline Click Here to See the Profile for max_boost Click here to Send max_boost a Private Message Find more posts by max_boost Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
A790
PC Principal

What I drive: A future rustbucket.
Posts/Day: 1.31
Trader Rating: (68)
User Rating: 103%

quote:

Originally posted by suntan
Trudeau's got his, fuck everybody else.

True conservative tolerance on display right here folks.

Internet Marketing Solutions for Small Businesses & Niche Content Websites.

No contracts, just results. Websites, SEO, PPC, Content Creation. SEO & Marketing Solutions by SimplifiedSEO.com

Old Post 03-15-2017 08:13 PM
A790 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for A790 Click here to Send A790 a Private Message Find more posts by A790 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FraserB
Third Gear

What I drive: GMT900
Posts/Day: 0.88
Trader Rating: (12)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

Damn right.

There is going to be zero incentive to do anything other than sit on the government dime. Why would anyone work hard, get ahead and do well when the government is going to punish you for doing so?

Last edited by FraserB on 03-15-2017 at 08:42 PM

Old Post 03-15-2017 08:38 PM
FraserB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FraserB Click here to Send FraserB a Private Message Find more posts by FraserB Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
killramos
Third Gear

What I drive: C63S
Posts/Day: 1.12
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Originally posted by A790

Since when have conservatives given themselves a circle jerk over how tolerant they are?

Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.

Originally posted by Toma
fact.

Old Post 03-15-2017 08:41 PM
killramos is offline Click Here to See the Profile for killramos Click here to Send killramos a Private Message Find more posts by killramos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darkane
Second Gear

What I drive: N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6
Posts/Day: 0.44
Trader Rating: (22)

Re: Canada: from bad to worse. quote:

We all know how dysfunctional confederation is with respect to representative government on a national level, federal over-reach, equalization payments, general incompetence, and an Ottawa/Toronto/Montreal voter base that has a child-like mentality.

But there is more incoming shortly, in the form of taxes:

- Capital gains inclusion rates jumping to 75%
- increases in income taxes across the board.
- special taxes on gains from business startups
- tracking of real-estate cost base to ensure that primary residence will be taxed at a capital gain.
- special taxes for small corporations that employ family members
- tax base for 1%s is going to 54%.

Is there a link that shows 1%s are going up 21% over 202k?

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Kim Kardashian Sex tape:

Originally posted by hadookin
nice box... to bad that nigs face is in it

Old Post 03-15-2017 09:08 PM
Darkane is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darkane Click here to Send Darkane a Private Message Find more posts by Darkane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
A790
PC Principal

What I drive: A future rustbucket.
Posts/Day: 1.31
Trader Rating: (68)
User Rating: 103%

quote:

Originally posted by killramos

Since when have conservatives given themselves a circle jerk over how tolerant they are?

I don't know. I'm just getting super tired of this "libs vs. cons" bullshit. It adds nothing to the conversation and just makes both sides look stupid.

Internet Marketing Solutions for Small Businesses & Niche Content Websites.

No contracts, just results. Websites, SEO, PPC, Content Creation. SEO & Marketing Solutions by SimplifiedSEO.com

Old Post 03-15-2017 09:35 PM
A790 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for A790 Click here to Send A790 a Private Message Find more posts by A790 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ickyflex

What I drive:

quote:

Is there anything to support this or is it just a guess?

Old Post 03-15-2017 09:39 PM
ickyflex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ickyflex Click here to Send ickyflex a Private Message Find more posts by ickyflex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dumbass17
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.22
User Rating: 91%

quote:

*looks at one way ticket to Australia sitting in his inbox*

Old Post 03-15-2017 09:55 PM
Dumbass17 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dumbass17 Click here to Send Dumbass17 a Private Message Find more posts by Dumbass17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HiTempguy1
Second Gear

What I drive: 1995 WRX STi
Posts/Day: 0.28
User Rating: 95%

quote:

I don't know. I'm just getting super tired of this "libs vs. cons" bullshit. It adds nothing to the conversation and just makes both sides look stupid.

You mean after the years of having to listen to the left blather on with HDS?

Sorry man, it takes two to tango. Liberals are in power now, and they've been quite arrogant about it. Of course they are going to get both barrels. Especially when a lot of what they have done is to directly go against what the right wants.

Old Post 03-15-2017 10:07 PM
HiTempguy1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HiTempguy1 Click here to Send HiTempguy1 a Private Message Find more posts by HiTempguy1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
suntan
First Gear

What I drive:

quote:

What, am I saying Trudeau needs to leave Canada?

I'll cave his face in, anywhere in the country.

Old Post 03-15-2017 10:33 PM
Gestalt

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.02
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Originally posted by cjblair

It's true.

It's minimum 1 million and you need to employ 12 people.

You can't park a million into a mutual fund or something like that.

America is terrible. Go see the US embassy downtown, and ask why so many are renouncing US citizenship. Lifetime commitment to pay US taxes, no matter where you live and earn. Lower wages, crazy health care expenses. Higher property taxes.

Old Post 03-15-2017 10:35 PM
Gestalt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gestalt Click here to Send Gestalt a Private Message Find more posts by Gestalt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 04:34 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Society / Law / Current Events / Politics > Canada: from bad to worse.

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: