Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Society / Law / Current Events / Politics > Alberta 2017 Budget

Author
Thread
Feruk

What I drive: G6
Posts/Day: 0.01
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 100%

Alberta 2017 Budget quote:

Fuck my life...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...peech-1.4028447

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-16-2017 11:13 PM
Feruk is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Feruk Click here to Send Feruk a Private Message Find more posts by Feruk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

RickDaTuner
Third Gear

What I drive: 05 GDB V.8 / 2014 TACO / SW20/ R1
Posts/Day: 0.59
Trader Rating: (30)

quote:

$71.1 billion by 2019-20

How do we get Notley out of Canada for good?

She must be colluding with the Russians as well, attempting to completely destabilize our Alberta Advantage..

Old Post 03-16-2017 11:15 PM
RickDaTuner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RickDaTuner Click here to Send RickDaTuner a Private Message Find more posts by RickDaTuner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FraserB
Third Gear

What I drive: GMT900
Posts/Day: 0.88
Trader Rating: (12)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

$71 billion in debt is the best case scenario, the numbers they based their budgeting on are ridiculous. They expect the revenue from oil royalties to double this year and budgeted with $55/bbl of oil. It was $48/bbl today I think.

The upcoming contract negotiations with unions are also not budgeted for.

The last credit downgrade took a month, this one will be even quicker I bet.

Old Post 03-16-2017 11:31 PM
FraserB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FraserB Click here to Send FraserB a Private Message Find more posts by FraserB Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gestalt

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.02
Trader Rating: (0)

quote:

What should they do instead? Close hospitals and fire teachers?

I smell PST coming

Old Post 03-16-2017 11:34 PM
Gestalt is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Gestalt Click here to Send Gestalt a Private Message Find more posts by Gestalt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FraserB
Third Gear

What I drive: GMT900
Posts/Day: 0.88
Trader Rating: (12)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Originally posted by Gestalt
What should they do instead? Close hospitals and fire teachers?

I smell PST coming

They can't institute a PST without sending it to Albertans for a vote, it would never pass.

What Ceci should have done is take the 25% inefficiency he admits exists in the education department, keep the fees the same and use the savings they were going to find to finance the schools they want to build.

Alberta needs to admit we have a spending problem and fix that.

Old Post 03-16-2017 11:42 PM
FraserB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FraserB Click here to Send FraserB a Private Message Find more posts by FraserB Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gestalt

What I drive:

quote:

Originally posted by FraserB

They can't institute a PST without sending it to Albertans for a vote, it would never pass.

What Ceci should have done is take the 25% inefficiency he admits exists in the education department, keep the fees the same and use the savings they were going to find to finance the schools they want to build.

We have an income problem. Not a spending problem.

Old Post 03-16-2017 11:48 PM
Gestalt is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Gestalt Click here to Send Gestalt a Private Message Find more posts by Gestalt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rx7_turbo2
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.22
Trader Rating: (3)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

Queue up Gestalt's nonsensical rant about how we don't have a spending problem, you know he's an expert, everyone else is wrong, black is white.

Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.

Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?

Originally posted by Toma
rx7_turbfoags best friend

Toma the homophobe?

Old Post 03-16-2017 11:49 PM
rx7_turbo2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rx7_turbo2 Click here to Send rx7_turbo2 a Private Message Find more posts by rx7_turbo2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rx7_turbo2
First Gear

What I drive:

quote:

Fuck, I was too late

Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?

Toma the homophobe?

Old Post 03-16-2017 11:50 PM
rx7_turbo2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rx7_turbo2 Click here to Send rx7_turbo2 a Private Message Find more posts by rx7_turbo2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ickyflex

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.13
User Rating: 99%

quote:

I have a mortgage I can't afford, it's an income problem guys not a spending problem

Old Post 03-17-2017 12:00 AM
ickyflex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ickyflex Click here to Send ickyflex a Private Message Find more posts by ickyflex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RickDaTuner
Third Gear

What I drive: 05 GDB V.8 / 2014 TACO / SW20/ R1
Posts/Day: 0.59
Trader Rating: (30)

quote:

In all seriousness the budget numbers are in, and if we hit the 70 billion balloon - that will translate into $17k of forced debt for every man woman and child, and that's without taking into account the interest.

It's like Notley hasn't read up on the Don Getty/Ralph Klein regime...

Last edited by RickDaTuner on 03-17-2017 at 12:17 AM

Old Post 03-17-2017 12:04 AM
RickDaTuner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RickDaTuner Click here to Send RickDaTuner a Private Message Find more posts by RickDaTuner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Buster
First Gear

What I drive: 2012 CTS-V Wagon, 2012 GL350
Trader Rating: (1)

quote:

This is what happens when you manage to let the stupid people become a voting bloc.

Old Post 03-17-2017 12:11 AM
Buster is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Buster Click here to Send Buster a Private Message Find more posts by Buster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gestalt

What I drive:

quote:

Originally posted by Buster
This is what happens when you manage to let the stupid people become a voting bloc.

The previous government ran deficit when oil was $100.

Tell me more

Old Post 03-17-2017 12:18 AM
Gestalt

What I drive:

quote:

The deficit is greater than total provincial expenditure on education.

So I agree, inefficiency is not good, but it would not solve the problem, and sometimes it can cost you a dollar to save a dime.

And mortgage comment. It's not even close to the same. You have a growing population, and an existing house. You can't walk away, you have to maintain it, and provide services. If your house springs a leak, you don't pull a Klein and ignore it for 10 years, because it's going to cost far more later. Plus, a government can create it's own financing, at crazy low rates. Try and think a little.

Last edited by Gestalt on 03-17-2017 at 12:23 AM

Old Post 03-17-2017 12:20 AM
rx7_turbo2
First Gear

What I drive:

quote:

sometimes it can cost you a dollar to save a dime.

Toma the homophobe?

Old Post 03-17-2017 12:29 AM
ickyflex

What I drive:

quote:

The deficit is greater than total provincial expenditure on education.

So I agree, inefficiency is not good, but it would not solve the problem, and sometimes it can cost you a dollar to save a dime.

And mortgage comment. It's not even close to the same. You have a growing population, and an existing house. You can't walk away, you have to maintain it, and provide services. If your house springs a leak, you don't pull a Klein and ignore it for 10 years, because it's going to cost far more later. Plus, a government can create it's own financing, at crazy low rates. Try and think a little.

Can you tell me what education background you have?

Old Post 03-17-2017 12:43 AM
ickyflex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ickyflex Click here to Send ickyflex a Private Message Find more posts by ickyflex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HiTempguy1
Second Gear

What I drive: 1995 WRX STi
Posts/Day: 0.28
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

Alberta Gov has a "no layoffs/no hiring" policy at this time.

I am expecting that to change, boss man has been awfully busy in meetings lately even though things are slow... my wish of moving to Mexico to race for a year may be happening sooner than I thought! COME ON DOUBLE SEVERANCE

Old Post 03-17-2017 12:43 AM
HiTempguy1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HiTempguy1 Click here to Send HiTempguy1 a Private Message Find more posts by HiTempguy1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gestalt

What I drive:

quote:

Useless post, ignore.

Old Post 03-17-2017 12:50 AM
ickyflex

What I drive:

quote:

Useless post, ignore.

So none. got it

Old Post 03-17-2017 01:01 AM
Sugarphreak
Fifth Gear

What I drive: A moving pylon
Posts/Day: 2.08
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 155%

quote:

$71 billion in debt is the best case scenario, the numbers they based their budgeting on are ridiculous. They expect the revenue from oil royalties to double this year and budgeted with $55/bbl of oil. It was $48/bbl today I think.

The upcoming contract negotiations with unions are also not budgeted for.

The last credit downgrade took a month, this one will be even quicker I bet.

During the election I actually pointed out a few times that their revenue numbers were totally skewed and not realistic. They showed that business taxes were going to start raking in huge $$$ year over year with them getting raped by taxes... lol.

NDP are just utter fucking idiots, they prove it every time they get in somewhere. I still can't believe people voted for them.

71 Billion in debt will be crippling for the province... that is more than the BC debt. They will probably have to bring in steep health premiums to start, and a wave of other fees... luxury taxes, gas guzzling tax, etc etc... then in another year they will absolutely bring in a PST.

Last edited by Sugarphreak on 03-17-2017 at 02:26 AM

Old Post 03-17-2017 02:24 AM
Sugarphreak is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sugarphreak Click here to Send Sugarphreak a Private Message Find more posts by Sugarphreak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RealJimmyJames
Neutral

What I drive: Parked in the Bike Lane
Posts/Day: 0.30

quote:

Old Post 03-17-2017 04:11 AM
RealJimmyJames is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RealJimmyJames Click here to Send RealJimmyJames a Private Message Find more posts by RealJimmyJames Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 02:42 AM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Society / Law / Current Events / Politics > Alberta 2017 Budget

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: