Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Travel and Vacation > stay in koh samui or phangan?

Author
Thread
Seks
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.09
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 96%

stay in koh samui or phangan? quote:

We would like to check out the full moon party in phangan. For people that've been to it, stay in samui then boat it to phangan for the party? Or stay in phangan entirely?

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-17-2017 06:26 PM
Seks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Seks Click here to Send Seks a Private Message Find more posts by Seks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Numi
First Gear

What I drive: can go anywhere
Posts/Day: 0.14
Trader Rating: (11)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Don't stay there, just go there for the party. It's dirty (of course) with not much to do other then party.

Old Post 03-17-2017 06:57 PM
Numi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Numi Click here to Send Numi a Private Message Find more posts by Numi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CompletelyNumb
First Gear

What I drive: Ford F150
Posts/Day: 0.17
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

I stayed in Phangan for the party. There really wasn't much to the island that cant be found elsewhere (on a nicer island). It was handy staying there for the party, however, I believe I had to pay for 3 nights to get a booking that weekend.

Old Post 03-17-2017 07:39 PM
CompletelyNumb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CompletelyNumb Click here to Send CompletelyNumb a Private Message Find more posts by CompletelyNumb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mzdspd
Neutral

What I drive: LNF
Posts/Day: 0.19
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

It really depends on what you are trying to do..

My fiance and I were there and we went to Thong Nai Pan Yai Beach in the north part of the island. It was by far the most beautiful beach and relaxing place we went to in Thailand. Beach was quiet and we stayed in a nice bungalow on the beach (Great escape chalets). Lots of good food in that area as well; Pa thong cuisine was our favorite, you would order your fish/seafood the day before and they would bring it in fresh. Super cheap too. You can rent a scooter as well and have access to all parts of the island, but, the drive to Thong Nai Pan can be a little sketchy if you are not experienced on a scooter.

But, if you are there just to party, Thong Nai Pan does not have the best access for full moon parties.

As far as Samui goes, it is nice but it is really commercialized compared to most of Thailand islands, I would skip Samui and stick with Koh Tao and Phangan.

Old Post 03-17-2017 08:39 PM
mzdspd is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mzdspd Click here to Send mzdspd a Private Message Find more posts by mzdspd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
trevh

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.02
User Rating: 97%

quote:

Samui - Ark Bar Beach Resort- absolutely check it out

Old Post 03-17-2017 09:21 PM
trevh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for trevh Click here to Send trevh a Private Message Find more posts by trevh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hurrdurr
First Gear

What I drive: xJUAN

quote:

Koh Samui was one of the best places I've ever been - Yes it is commercialized, but there are some great people, restaurants, bars and hotels on that island.

This is the view from my room

click for larger version
» Click image for larger version

click for larger version
» Click image for larger version

Last edited by hurrdurr on 03-17-2017 at 11:35 PM

Old Post 03-17-2017 11:19 PM
hurrdurr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hurrdurr Click here to Send hurrdurr a Private Message Find more posts by hurrdurr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Seks
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.09
Trader Rating: (4)

quote:

I stayed in Phangan for the party. There really wasn't much to the island that cant be found elsewhere (on a nicer island). It was handy staying there for the party, however, I believe I had to pay for 3 nights to get a booking that weekend.

That is what I read: to stay in phangan during the party, most places have a mandatory 3-5 days stay.

Koh Samui was one of the best places I've ever been - Yes it is commercialized, but there are some great people, restaurants, bars and hotels on that island.

This is the view from my room

Which specific resort is this in Samui?

I think we will just stay in Samui and boat it to the party.

Old Post 03-18-2017 01:03 AM
Seks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Seks Click here to Send Seks a Private Message Find more posts by Seks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hurrdurr
First Gear

What I drive: xJUAN

quote:

It was the Resotel Samui in an Ocean Pool Villa.

The rooms only come with 2 Queens unfortunately and they're not the most comfortable but quite spacious and the ability to hop out of your personal pool (bigger than a plunge) and hop down ontl the beach was something special.

I think we paid around $300CAD per night.

Old Post 03-21-2017 09:18 PM
hurrdurr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hurrdurr Click here to Send hurrdurr a Private Message Find more posts by hurrdurr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 06:52 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Travel and Vacation > stay in koh samui or phangan?

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: