Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Computers, Consoles, and other Electronics > Possessed electronic calculator?!

Author
Thread
Darell_n
First Gear

What I drive: '14 Dodge Crew Cab, '08 WRX
Posts/Day: 0.33
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 97%

Post Possessed electronic calculator?! quote:

My mother has used the same Canon P28 electronic calculator for 30 years. She recently received a used wifi printer from a family member and upon syncing this printer to her computer, the calculator spit out a page with 'Windows Printer Test' on it. Just to clarify, the calculator is a 120v powered desk top calculator that pre-dates wifi and Microsoft Windows itself and has no external data or radio signal connections.

Any ideas? Pictures to follow.....

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-19-2017 07:14 PM
Darell_n is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darell_n Click here to Send Darell_n a Private Message Visit Darell_n's homepage! Find more posts by Darell_n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Darell_n
First Gear

What I drive: '14 Dodge Crew Cab, '08 WRX
Posts/Day: 0.33

quote:

click for larger version
» Click image for larger version

click for larger version
» Click image for larger version

Old Post 03-19-2017 07:19 PM
Darell_n is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darell_n Click here to Send Darell_n a Private Message Visit Darell_n's homepage! Find more posts by Darell_n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
My_name_is_Rob
Neutral

What I drive: 1wd, 2wd, AWD
Posts/Day: 0.06
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Burn it with fire?

Old Post 03-19-2017 07:47 PM
My_name_is_Rob is offline Click Here to See the Profile for My_name_is_Rob Click here to Send My_name_is_Rob a Private Message Find more posts by My_name_is_Rob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
revelations
Third Gear

What I drive: 2g Eclipse / EP3
Posts/Day: 0.99
Trader Rating: (5)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

I can tell you that someone is pulling a joke on you - or on us.

That font on the feed paper is nothing the calculator could possibly produce with its limited, mechanical character head. Someone has stuck the paper into a modern inkjet printer and that is the result.

The smudging of the text is also a good indication of tomfoolery. The calculator uses a mechanical press to slam the character on the paper and the roll paper used typically probably doesn't absorb inkjet fluids very well. .

Last edited by revelations on 03-19-2017 at 11:39 PM

Old Post 03-19-2017 11:34 PM
revelations is offline Click Here to See the Profile for revelations Click here to Send revelations a Private Message Find more posts by revelations Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
topmade
First Gear

What I drive: POS
Posts/Day: 0.15
Trader Rating: (45)

quote:

This looks like it was printed on the roll of paper from the manufacturer. It was Probably some bored employee having a bit of fun.

Old Post 03-20-2017 01:42 AM
topmade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for topmade Click here to Send topmade a Private Message Find more posts by topmade Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Seth1968
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.36
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Originally posted by revelations
The smudging of the text is also a good indication of tomfoolery.

Other than you Rev, who the hell says "tomfoolery"

Now there's some evil with that calculator I tells ya. and that's an indication of "skulduggery".

Old Post 03-20-2017 02:04 AM
Seth1968 is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Seth1968 Click here to Send Seth1968 a Private Message Find more posts by Seth1968 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
theken
Third Gear

What I drive: is not as cool as my benz was
Posts/Day: 0.50
Trader Rating: (8)
User Rating: 94%

quote:

Maybe its aliens

Old Post 03-20-2017 02:30 AM
theken is offline Click Here to See the Profile for theken Click here to Send theken a Private Message Find more posts by theken Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 08:00 AM (GMT) Post New Thread   
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Computers, Consoles, and other Electronics > Possessed electronic calculator?!

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: