Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > General > How long did it take for your drivers license renewal to arrive?

Author
Thread
ee2k

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.03
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 99%

How long did it take for your drivers license renewal to arrive? quote:

How long did it take for your new driver's license to be delivered after you renewed it at the Registry? I know the service says it takes up to two weeks, but wondering if anyone can tell me about actuals for theirs? Delivery in Calgary.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-20-2017 04:50 PM
ee2k is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ee2k Click here to Send ee2k a Private Message Find more posts by ee2k Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Mitsu3000gt
E-Gear Paddle Shifter

What I drive: 2017 Civic Hatch ST
Posts/Day: 1.80
Trader Rating: (28)
User Rating: 93%

quote:

I just did this, but it was just for an address change, took about a full week for them to send me the new licence. Less than two for sure.

Old Post 03-20-2017 05:04 PM
Mitsu3000gt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mitsu3000gt Click here to Send Mitsu3000gt a Private Message Find more posts by Mitsu3000gt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ee2k

What I drive:

quote:

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
I just did this, but it was just for an address change, took about a full week for them to send me the new licence. Less than two for sure.

Thanks. Hope mine gets here that quick also. Renting a car in the US next week and need it.

Old Post 03-20-2017 05:17 PM
ee2k is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ee2k Click here to Send ee2k a Private Message Find more posts by ee2k Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J-hop
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.38
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Yea mine was a week.

Might be good to call and see if they'll take your temporary slip. Passport + temporary slip might be ok but might take some convincing when you hand them a piece of paper saying you can drive!

Old Post 03-20-2017 05:53 PM
J-hop is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J-hop Click here to Send J-hop a Private Message Find more posts by J-hop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
e31
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.14
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

I used the temporary slip to rent in hawaii. I had a photocopy of my expired license just incase, but didn't need it.

Old Post 03-20-2017 06:41 PM
e31 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for e31 Click here to Send e31 a Private Message Find more posts by e31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ee2k

What I drive:

quote:

Originally posted by e31
I used the temporary slip to rent in hawaii. I had a photocopy of my expired license just incase, but didn't need it.

Who did you rent with?

Old Post 03-20-2017 11:08 PM
sikid111

What I drive: 07 F150, 07 GSXR600, 1990 JDM MR2
Posts/Day: 0.02
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Wife just did this for an address change, took 5 business days.

Old Post 03-20-2017 11:53 PM
sikid111 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sikid111 Click here to Send sikid111 a Private Message Find more posts by sikid111 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
craigcd
First Gear

What I drive: KTM
Posts/Day: 0.13
Trader Rating: (14)

quote:

Pretty sure most states drive without plates for a couple weeks when you get a new car and are waiting for them to issue.

Cant be to far outside the normal to wait for a license to arrive I would think. I am sure the major rental companies see it all the time.

Old Post 03-20-2017 11:54 PM
craigcd is offline Click Here to See the Profile for craigcd Click here to Send craigcd a Private Message Find more posts by craigcd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redlined_8000
First Gear

What I drive: 6.2L V8, 4.8L V8, 2.0L 4 cyl.
Posts/Day: 0.35
Trader Rating: (18)

Re: How long did it take for your drivers license renewal to arrive? quote:

Originally posted by ee2k
How long did it take for your new driver's license to be delivered after you renewed it at the Registry? I know the service says it takes up to two weeks, but wondering if anyone can tell me about actuals for theirs? Delivery in Calgary.

Mine was like 1 week. Quick.... Why does it matter?

If you want to go to the bar just take your passport in the mean time.

Old Post 03-21-2017 12:18 AM
Redlined_8000 is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Redlined_8000 Click here to Send Redlined_8000 a Private Message Find more posts by Redlined_8000 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TurboMedic
First Gear

What I drive: '09 Sport Trac Adrenalin, '08 Triumph Daytona
Posts/Day: 0.17
Trader Rating: (28)

quote:

1 week, just did mine. I used to just use my firearms licence for photo ID when I was stuck with paper while waiting.

Old Post 03-21-2017 05:38 PM
TurboMedic is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TurboMedic Click here to Send TurboMedic a Private Message Find more posts by TurboMedic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
colsankey
Neutral

What I drive: 2011 Ralliart SB
Posts/Day: 0.07
Trader Rating: (12)

quote:

5 years ago i remeber it came fast. Like 5 days. My renewal in feb took 11 business days.

Old Post 03-21-2017 05:42 PM
colsankey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for colsankey Click here to Send colsankey a Private Message Find more posts by colsankey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ShermanEF9
Second Gear

What I drive: '13 F150 King Ranch, 99 Civic SiR
Posts/Day: 0.40
Trader Rating: (7)
User Rating: 91%

quote:

i just did mine and it took about a week and a half.

Old Post 03-21-2017 06:50 PM
ShermanEF9 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ShermanEF9 Click here to Send ShermanEF9 a Private Message Find more posts by ShermanEF9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
e31
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.14
Trader Rating: (1)

quote:

Originally posted by ee2k

Who did you rent with?

Enterprise

Old Post 03-21-2017 07:29 PM
e31 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for e31 Click here to Send e31 a Private Message Find more posts by e31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
K3RMiTdot
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.64
Trader Rating: (45)

quote:

typically a week

Old Post 03-22-2017 11:44 AM
K3RMiTdot is offline Click Here to See the Profile for K3RMiTdot Click here to Send K3RMiTdot a Private Message Find more posts by K3RMiTdot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tik-Tok
Cowboy Hunter

What I drive: Japanese functionality, Swedish style.
Posts/Day: 1.55
Trader Rating: (12)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

Renewed mine on March 6th, new one arrived March 14th.

Old Post 03-22-2017 02:39 PM
Tik-Tok is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tik-Tok Click here to Send Tik-Tok a Private Message Find more posts by Tik-Tok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 06:19 AM (GMT) Post New Thread   
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > General > How long did it take for your drivers license renewal to arrive?

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: