Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > General Car/Bike Talk > Help me figure out this kijiji seller...

Author
Thread
Sonic

What I drive: Infinitis and Nissans
Posts/Day: 0.52
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%

Help me figure out this kijiji seller... quote:

So about 3 weeks ago, I get a notification for two new 370Z's posted on kijiji at exactly the same time, both black and both with unusally low km but a reasonably low price according to VMR.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...door/1244047845

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...oupe/1244050837

Both are well written ads and seem totally legit so I didn't think much of it, I was in the process of selling my car so I didn't want to contact them until I sold mine.

I get a showing for my car and so I finally email both of the ads.

Turns out the ad is posted by the same seller..."Amerie"...you can tell once you message someone on kijiji the name of the seller.

Also, on 1 of the ads, it links to an iPhone for sale with a phone number. I googled the phone number with Amerie and it links to a "Cars by Amerie" facebook page...so I'm thinking whatever, it's just another car curber...seems like she works for or used to work for House of Cars (no comment).

My question is...where are they getting these two cars from? How can both cars have such low km??! Are they rebuilt? Flooded? Km rolled back?.....or do these 2 cars even exist and this is some type of new scam?

Maaaan...kijiji is getting so shady as a place to buy cars....for some reason she never emailed me back either.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-25-2017 01:54 AM
Sonic is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Sonic Click here to Send Sonic a Private Message Find more posts by Sonic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

01RedDX
Third Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.58
Trader Rating: (22)

quote:

hmmm also has a "mint condition" S2K priced a bit on the low side: http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...gationFlag=true

I would request a car proof for one of these cars and then go from there.

Old Post 03-25-2017 02:17 AM
01RedDX is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 01RedDX Click here to Send 01RedDX a Private Message Find more posts by 01RedDX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J-hop
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.39

quote:

Anything anyone will say will be pure speculation. If you are serious ask for a carproof or pay for your own

Old Post 03-25-2017 02:18 AM
J-hop is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J-hop Click here to Send J-hop a Private Message Find more posts by J-hop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
01RedDX
Third Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.58

quote:

NVM she does work for "House of Cars" so stay far away. These cars most likely have shady histories e.g. rebuilt writeoffs.

Interesting tactic. Get one of your reasonably attractive sales people to create their own fb page as a honeypot for potential buyers and avoid using your shady business name.

Old Post 03-25-2017 02:21 AM
01RedDX is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 01RedDX Click here to Send 01RedDX a Private Message Find more posts by 01RedDX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
adam c
Second Gear

What I drive: has a turbo
Trader Rating: (6)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

From what I can see, in the first ad the car has a front license plate, in the second ad it doesn't and doesn't appear it has holes for it, besides the obvious different rims and the scenic background

Old Post 03-25-2017 02:30 AM
adam c is offline Click Here to See the Profile for adam c Click here to Send adam c a Private Message Find more posts by adam c Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sonic

quote:

Ya I noticed the 2nd ad has a front license plate...

Okay, so they are different cars then and probably actually exist.....but these are pretty rare cars, I'm just wondering how they got their hands on 2 with such LOW km?? Did they roll it back?

FYI, I emailed her on both ads, didn't get a response.

Old Post 03-25-2017 02:52 AM
Sonic is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Sonic Click here to Send Sonic a Private Message Find more posts by Sonic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sonic

quote:

Originally posted by 01RedDX
NVM she does work for "House of Cars" so stay far away. These cars most likely have shady histories e.g. rebuilt writeoffs.

Interesting tactic. Get one of your reasonably attractive sales people to create their own fb page as a honeypot for potential buyers and avoid using your shady business name.

Not sure she still does...in one of the ads it mentions she lives on an acerage and the 370Z in the first ad looks like the pic was taken on an acerage...

Old Post 03-25-2017 02:54 AM
My_name_is_Rob
Neutral

What I drive: 1wd, 2wd, AWD
Posts/Day: 0.06
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Originally posted by 01RedDX
hmmm also has a "mint condition" S2K priced a bit on the low side: http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...gationFlag=true

I would request a car proof for one of these cars and then go from there.

That's what I thought at first too, but then noticed it's just click-bait.

Originally posted by Kijiji
Currently stored for the winter. Email to view. Asking $24,500. Not looking to sell right away, just a feeler ad. Open to reasonable offers.

Old Post 03-25-2017 03:02 AM
My_name_is_Rob is offline Click Here to See the Profile for My_name_is_Rob Click here to Send My_name_is_Rob a Private Message Find more posts by My_name_is_Rob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sonic

quote:

Forgot to say, I checked House of Cars' inventory and they don't even have any 370Zs so I don't think she is working for them.

Old Post 03-25-2017 03:26 AM
jacky4566
First Gear

What I drive: is broken
Posts/Day: 0.21
Trader Rating: (7)
User Rating: 94%

quote:

Since when is a 370z "rare" Maybe the touring package is a little more rare. 6,456 of the 11,208 produced were Touring. A NISMO version would be rare.

I sent a message to poke for information.
A. Its a rebuild with major frame problems.
B. Its a scam

Old Post 03-25-2017 03:37 AM
jacky4566 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jacky4566 Click here to Send jacky4566 a Private Message Find more posts by jacky4566 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sonic

quote:

Well "rarer."...odd to have 2 in an inventory of the same colour, year, transmission, AND have super low km...

Old Post 03-25-2017 03:40 AM
Sonic

quote:

Originally posted by jacky4566
Since when is a 370z "rare" Maybe the touring package is a little more rare. 6,456 of the 11,208 produced were Touring. A NISMO version would be rare.

I sent a message to poke for information.
A. Its a rebuild with major frame problems.
B. Its a scam

That's what I want to know haha...what exactly is the scam if it's a scam?? The only thing I can think of is a rolled back/switched odometer...

Old Post 03-25-2017 03:41 AM
carson blocks
First Gear

What I drive: 1917 Model T, VW Baja, 2016 Longhorn
Posts/Day: 0.14
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 103%

quote:

Sometimes shitty car dealers put up imaginary cars just to get you to call, then that one is mysteriously unavailable but surprise, they have a dozen other rides to get you in.

The advertising laws say they are supposed to reference a specific stock number just so dealers can't pull that crap, but it still happens all the time. Also, I hate AMVIC with a passion, but you can use it to check if "Cars by Amerie" is a legit dealer/salesperson and report if you see any shady shit.

Old Post 03-25-2017 03:58 AM
carson blocks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for carson blocks Click here to Send carson blocks a Private Message Find more posts by carson blocks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
roll_over
First Gear

What I drive: Can't driver because I'm legally blind
Posts/Day: 0.21
Trader Rating: (5)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

Originally posted by Sonic
Ya I noticed the 2nd ad has a front license plate...

Okay, so they are different cars then and probably actually exist.....but these are pretty rare cars, I'm just wondering how they got their hands on 2 with such LOW km?? Did they roll it back?

FYI, I emailed her on both ads, didn't get a response.

Dude, why are you so hung up on the km? they’re not that low for a summer car.

Also, they’re not rare at all.

If you’re interested then email from another address, set up a viewing and pay for a carproof followed by a potential inspection.

Old Post 03-25-2017 04:25 AM
roll_over is offline Click Here to See the Profile for roll_over Click here to Send roll_over a Private Message Find more posts by roll_over Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sonic

quote:

Ok fair enough...no scam going on, that's all I wanted to know lol

Last edited by Sonic on 03-25-2017 at 04:38 AM

Old Post 03-25-2017 04:31 AM
Darkane
Second Gear

What I drive: N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6
Posts/Day: 0.44
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Go buy a '16 enthusiasts edition for 27-28 and avoid all this hassle. Enjoy your extra 4 years of warranty too.

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Kim Kardashian Sex tape:

Originally posted by hadookin
nice box... to bad that nigs face is in it

Old Post 03-25-2017 04:54 AM
Darkane is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darkane Click here to Send Darkane a Private Message Find more posts by Darkane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rage2

What I drive: Ricer SUV, Lexus Coupe in Mid Life Crisis Orange
Posts/Day: 1.11
Trader Rating: (25)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

click for larger version
» Click image for larger version

click for larger version
» Click image for larger version

Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Old Post 03-25-2017 05:15 AM
rage2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rage2 Click here to Send rage2 a Private Message Visit rage2's homepage! Find more posts by rage2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ExtraSlow
Third Gear

What I drive: 2010 Recession Fighter LX
Posts/Day: 1.12
Trader Rating: (27)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

Rage has answered all but one question I might have about this transaction.

Old Post 03-25-2017 07:16 AM
ExtraSlow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ExtraSlow Click here to Send ExtraSlow a Private Message Find more posts by ExtraSlow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
italianstylez
Neutral

What I drive: E93 335is, F32 435xi, '16 Denali 1500
Posts/Day: 0.14
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

I worked with her all of her postings are attempts to lowball other sellers, they are in no way related to
House of cars, she's just trying to use them as leverage with other sellers.

And FYI red civic: none of the HOC cars have sketchy histories or write offs or rebuilds, car proof is free for all too see with the listings on website, you must be thinking gallery, and international

Old Post 03-25-2017 10:12 AM
italianstylez is offline Click Here to See the Profile for italianstylez Click here to Send italianstylez a Private Message Find more posts by italianstylez Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
btimbit
Second Gear

What I drive: '16 Turbo VW
Trader Rating: (1)

quote:

Yeah don't get House of Cars confused with Gallery of Fine cars. Other than not really being competitive with their prices, HoC is just a regular used car dealer

Old Post 03-25-2017 05:58 PM
btimbit is offline Click Here to See the Profile for btimbit Click here to Send btimbit a Private Message Find more posts by btimbit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 10:20 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > General Car/Bike Talk > Help me figure out this kijiji seller...

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: