Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Food and Dining > Zabiha Halah frozen food at Walmart

Author
Thread
Seth1968
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.36
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 99%

Zabiha Halah frozen food at Walmart quote:

I've tried 3 of their selections and am very impressed.

The chicken burgers and stuffed pastries were very tasty. The latter is a variety pack with cheese/spinach, chicken sausage, sweet potato/goat cheese, and buffalo chicken.

The beef burgers aren't of course the same quality as something like 5 guys, but unlike most frozen burgers, they don't taste like old diseased cow anus.

The prices are great as well. Chicken burgers come out to $1 a piece, and the beef burgers $1.25. Puffed pastries are an incredible $5 for 40 pastries.

Give 'em a whirl.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-30-2017 04:56 PM
Seth1968 is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Seth1968 Click here to Send Seth1968 a Private Message Find more posts by Seth1968 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

speedog
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.66
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 104%

quote:

I am so very glad I have never had the opportunity to eat old diseased cow anus, in fact how does one even obtain such a thing to try? Maybe that's what those suspected alien cut up cow incidents really are - Seth1968 on the loose in the dark of night obtaining those very unique cuts of beef.

Old Post 03-30-2017 05:17 PM
speedog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for speedog Click here to Send speedog a Private Message Find more posts by speedog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
G-ZUS
Fourth Gear

What I drive: Blue boy
Posts/Day: 1.22
Trader Rating: (124)
User Rating: 103%

Re: Zabiha Halah frozen food at Walmart quote:

Originally posted by Seth1968
I've tried 3 of their selections and am very impressed.

The chicken burgers and stuffed pastries were very tasty. The latter is a variety pack with cheese/spinach, chicken sausage, sweet potato/goat cheese, and buffalo chicken.

The beef burgers aren't of course the same quality as something like 5 guys, but unlike most frozen burgers, they don't taste like old diseased cow anus.

The prices are great as well. Chicken burgers come out to $1 a piece, and the beef burgers $1.25. Puffed pastries are an incredible $5 for 40 pastries.

Give 'em a whirl.

Didn't know they had pastries, Im a big fan of their hot dogs though!

Old Post 03-30-2017 05:24 PM
G-ZUS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for G-ZUS Click here to Send G-ZUS a Private Message Find more posts by G-ZUS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Seth1968
First Gear

What I drive:

Re: Re: Zabiha Halah frozen food at Walmart quote:

Originally posted by speedog
I am so very glad I have never had the opportunity to eat old diseased cow anus, in fact how does one even obtain such a thing to try?

When I wrote that colorful description, I forgot to put "in before..." a proverbial lame reply like yours.

Originally posted by G-ZUS

Didn't know they had pastries, Im a big fan of their hot dogs though!

Well, they call them "Hors d'oeuvre", but I didn't write that, as the French language is fucking annoying.

I didn't know they had hot dogs. Thanks!

Old Post 03-30-2017 05:38 PM
Seth1968 is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Seth1968 Click here to Send Seth1968 a Private Message Find more posts by Seth1968 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
turbotrip
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.30
Trader Rating: (61)

quote:

What brand are these burgers? Is it Walmarts own brand?

Old Post 03-30-2017 09:41 PM
turbotrip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for turbotrip Click here to Send turbotrip a Private Message Find more posts by turbotrip Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
G-ZUS
Fourth Gear

What I drive: Blue boy
Posts/Day: 1.22
Trader Rating: (124)
User Rating: 103%

quote:

Originally posted by turbotrip
What brand are these burgers? Is it Walmarts own brand?

Maple Lodge "Zabiha Halal"

Old Post 03-30-2017 10:23 PM
G-ZUS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for G-ZUS Click here to Send G-ZUS a Private Message Find more posts by G-ZUS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jwslam
Second Gear

What I drive: is easy to spot
Posts/Day: 0.44
User Rating: 96%

quote:

http://zabihahalal.com/products/

Old Post 03-30-2017 10:29 PM
jwslam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jwslam Click here to Send jwslam a Private Message Find more posts by jwslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
turbotrip
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.30

quote:

Just curious, but why do non-Muslims choose to pay extra and buy Halal meat? I always thought it was just Muslims buying it.

Old Post 03-31-2017 12:24 AM
turbotrip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for turbotrip Click here to Send turbotrip a Private Message Find more posts by turbotrip Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NoSup4U
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.03
Trader Rating: (5)

quote:

Just curious, but why do non-Muslims choose to pay extra and buy Halal meat? I always thought it was just Muslims buying it.

I buy it because it often has the clearance stickers on it since no one else is buying

Old Post 04-02-2017 05:16 PM
NoSup4U is offline Click Here to See the Profile for NoSup4U Click here to Send NoSup4U a Private Message Find more posts by NoSup4U Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Seth1968
First Gear

What I drive:

quote:

I just went to Walmart and the regular price of the pastries is $3. For some reason, I thought they were around $4 or $5. Even if they were at that price though, it's a bargain for the quality and amount you get, and a steal for $3. I bought 8 boxes

I also tried their pizza. Um, no, don't buy it.

Old Post 04-11-2017 04:53 PM
EK 2.0
Beyond's Biggest E-Mack

What I drive: ...BNT0B0X...
Posts/Day: 1.73
Trader Rating: (31)

quote:

ALLAH HU-AKBAR

Old Post 04-11-2017 05:29 PM
EK 2.0 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for EK 2.0 Click here to Send EK 2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by EK 2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Seth1968
First Gear

What I drive:

quote:

^ He needs some pizza making pointers though

Old Post 04-11-2017 05:38 PM
MR2-3SGTE
Neutral

What I drive: MR2
Posts/Day: 0.14
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

I used to work at a halal butcher shop as a kid and we often had non-muslim customers. Some said it was due to the meat being much less bloody, and the fact that most halal meats are natural and grain fed. I personally didn't expect there to be a difference in taste at all until I tried both

Another thing is that halal meat can actually end up being quite a bit cheaper when it comes to specialty meats. Things like chops, steaks, sirloin are all marked up with incredibly high profit margins in places like Safeway, whereas the demand for them isn't as great at halal butcher stops so their profits are more moderate. At least that's how it is in the states, I'm assuming it would be the same case here

Old Post 04-11-2017 06:07 PM
MR2-3SGTE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MR2-3SGTE Click here to Send MR2-3SGTE a Private Message Find more posts by MR2-3SGTE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HiTempguy1
Second Gear

What I drive: 1995 WRX STi
Posts/Day: 0.28
User Rating: 95%

quote:

Originally posted by EK 2.0
ALLAH HU-AKBAR

You mean ALLAH SNACKBAR?

Old Post 04-11-2017 09:13 PM
HiTempguy1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HiTempguy1 Click here to Send HiTempguy1 a Private Message Find more posts by HiTempguy1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
EK 2.0
Beyond's Biggest E-Mack

What I drive: ...BNT0B0X...
Posts/Day: 1.73
Trader Rating: (31)

quote:

Originally posted by HiTempguy1

You mean ALLAH SNACKBAR?

HAHAHA WERRRRRD.

Old Post 04-11-2017 09:18 PM
EK 2.0 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for EK 2.0 Click here to Send EK 2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by EK 2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Seth1968
First Gear

What I drive:

quote:

Originally posted by HiTempguy1

You mean ALLAH SNACKBAR?

Originally posted by EK 2.0

HAHAHA WERRRRRD.

I don't get it

Old Post 04-11-2017 10:08 PM
dj_rice
owned by an '08 n00b! LOL

What I drive: 93 240sx SE, 02 Pathfinder LE
Posts/Day: 1.18
Trader Rating: (34)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

I've had halal and non-halal chicken gizzards and honestly, I can't tell the difference. They both taste the same to me. Only thing I see is halal is a bit more expensive, but both look the same shit.

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

Last edited by dj_rice on 04-11-2017 at 10:34 PM

Old Post 04-11-2017 10:18 PM
dj_rice is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dj_rice Click here to Send dj_rice a Private Message Find more posts by dj_rice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thetransporter
First Gear

What I drive: acura TYPE A
Posts/Day: 0.13

quote:

i see that brand priced lower than non halal brands

Old Post 05-21-2017 07:27 AM
thetransporter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thetransporter Click here to Send thetransporter a Private Message Find more posts by thetransporter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
speedog
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.66
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 104%

quote:

Originally posted by thetransporter

i see that brand priced lower than non halal brands

This.

Old Post 05-21-2017 04:02 PM
speedog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for speedog Click here to Send speedog a Private Message Find more posts by speedog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SportEL
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.16
Trader Rating: (24)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

I used to think Halal was some form of healthier alternative but I was not pleased to find that it's called Halal because of the method of slaughter and it being blessed by the Allah god. The Halal slaughter is a cruel one where they slit the throat while the animal feels the pain while the blood slowly drains out.

If you're a non-Muslim eating Halal, know that this meat blessed by their god. It is a God that hates Kafirs/infidels. Kafirs are the most derogatory thing Muslims call someone, and are no more than animals worthy of death. The majority of the Quran is about Kafirs, the worst of creation and Allah hates kafirs and plots against them. Kafirs can be tortured, murdered, robbed, raped and enslaved which is what is happening around the world today and is being more and more a problem in western Europe with Muslim mass migration. Since learning more about the truth of Islam, I am quite horrified so I no longer support going to any place that sells and advertise Halal meats like Villa Madina or any other such shawarma/kebab donair place. I know I am not putting my money that will go to mosques, Islamic schools or to funding terrorism. I know that I am not supporting an evil ideology financially when it is intolerant and commands violence against us infidels.

Old Post 05-21-2017 09:42 PM
SportEL is online now Click Here to See the Profile for SportEL Click here to Send SportEL a Private Message Find more posts by SportEL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 08:21 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Food and Dining > Zabiha Halah frozen food at Walmart

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: