Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Computers, Consoles, and other Electronics > Shaw crippled freerange?...

Author
Thread
Thaco
sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)

What I drive: Rage2
Posts/Day: 0.72
Trader Rating: (29)
User Rating: 90%

Shaw crippled freerange?... quote:

So i cut the cord a couple years ago, i don't watch TV (except local sports teams) so it doesn't effect me much, but the wife was complaining yesterday that they removed a bunch of channels, TLC, ABC Spark, and all the eastern channels ( i actually did notice this because i normally watch the flames and get practically no games now, just sports net pacific.

Also i talked to my dad whose login i use and he said he didn't change anything.

Anybody else notice this?

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-31-2017 03:47 AM
Thaco is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Thaco Click here to Send Thaco a Private Message Find more posts by Thaco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

bigbadboss101
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.22
Trader Rating: (24)
User Rating: 114%

quote:

It depends on your TV package. You get some of the items but not all the ones you would have on cable.

Old Post 03-31-2017 03:59 AM
bigbadboss101 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bigbadboss101 Click here to Send bigbadboss101 a Private Message Find more posts by bigbadboss101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thaco

Re: Shaw crippled freerange?... quote:

Originally posted by Thaco

Also i talked to my dad whose login i use and he said he didn't change anything.

Originally posted by bigbadboss101
It depends on your TV package. You get some of the items but not all the ones you would have on cable.

Old Post 03-31-2017 04:22 AM
Thaco is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Thaco Click here to Send Thaco a Private Message Find more posts by Thaco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rage2

What I drive: Ricer SUV, Lexus Coupe in Mid Life Crisis Orange
Posts/Day: 1.10
Trader Rating: (25)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Off topic, but are there any actual cord cutters out there that are doing it legitimately instead of relying on pirated or account sharing content?

Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Old Post 03-31-2017 05:02 PM
rage2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rage2 Click here to Send rage2 a Private Message Visit rage2's homepage! Find more posts by rage2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
carson blocks
First Gear

What I drive: Leaks oil and is slower than taking the bus.
Posts/Day: 0.13
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 103%

quote:

I had cut the cord for at least 6 months, after realizing I hadn't turned the cable box on for the previous 6 months. Cancelled my $$$ cable package and survived on Netflix and Crave. I only recently turned it back on when they offered me a better package than I had for free for 6 months, and $10/month after that.

Originally posted by heavyfuel
like fuck if I ever want a toy that has an engine. Bikes, sleds, quads, no fuckin way. I much prefer to get on a mountain bike and earn it like a man. Real toys don't have engines. "Motor" and "sport" should never be associated with each other if you ask me.

Old Post 03-31-2017 06:02 PM
carson blocks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for carson blocks Click here to Send carson blocks a Private Message Find more posts by carson blocks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Team_Mclaren

What I drive: F10M / GS450H
Posts/Day: 1.06
Trader Rating: (26)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

flames games are blackout all the fucking time. i have shaw cable at home and now i cant watch them at work... (

Old Post 03-31-2017 06:32 PM
Team_Mclaren is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Team_Mclaren Click here to Send Team_Mclaren a Private Message Find more posts by Team_Mclaren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HiTempguy1
First Gear

What I drive: 1995 WRX STi
Posts/Day: 0.29
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

Originally posted by rage2
Off topic, but are there any actual cord cutters out there that are doing it legitimately instead of relying on pirated or account sharing content?

I haven't had TV in a decade, only reason I have it now is it is free with TSN (yay rally racing) for 2 years with my place

Even without torrents, I don't think I'd pay for cable. Not worth $100+ per month

Old Post 03-31-2017 06:34 PM
HiTempguy1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HiTempguy1 Click here to Send HiTempguy1 a Private Message Find more posts by HiTempguy1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thaco

quote:

If it was just me, i would be perfectly fine, only my wife uses it honestly... and she has other means, this is just the easiest solution.

Old Post 03-31-2017 06:47 PM
heavyD
Fifth Gear

What I drive: MK7 Golf R
Posts/Day: 1.39
Trader Rating: (12)

quote:

For sure there are but the majority are relying on pirated content sharing. My brother does this and I find sports just aren't as good via stream. It's tolerable to get stuff like UFC for free but I would rather watch hockey or football games at my house on TV.

Old Post 03-31-2017 07:13 PM
heavyD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for heavyD Click here to Send heavyD a Private Message Find more posts by heavyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
brandon
First Gear

What I drive: TRD Pro
Posts/Day: 0.19
Trader Rating: (4)

quote:

Does having SlingTV count? Lol

Originally posted by Melinda

You certainly are not a very nice person though.

Old Post 03-31-2017 07:35 PM
brandon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for brandon Click here to Send brandon a Private Message Find more posts by brandon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
killramos
Third Gear

What I drive: ///M235i
Posts/Day: 1.10
Trader Rating: (2)

quote:

Who pays 100+ a month just for cable?

The top tier (premier?) with shaw is 93 a month, you guys into some specialty channels or something?

That said I'm definitely thinking of moving to the 25 dollar crtc package + the 14 dollar all sports channels pack and calling it a day saving 50 bucks a month in the process. I like being able to turn the game on when people are over.

* Use of this avatar makes no statement of me implying I own a BMW M division car, that the BMW M235i model is a BMW M division car, or any other statement regarding BMW M division or its debated superiority over other makes and models of vehicles

Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.

Originally posted by Toma
fact.

Old Post 03-31-2017 07:54 PM
killramos is online now Click Here to See the Profile for killramos Click here to Send killramos a Private Message Find more posts by killramos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mzdspd
Neutral

What I drive: LNF
Posts/Day: 0.18
Trader Rating: (0)

quote:

Originally posted by HiTempguy1

I haven't had TV in a decade, only reason I have it now is it is free with TSN (yay rally racing) for 2 years with my place

Even without torrents, I don't think I'd pay for cable. Not worth $100+ per month

If you use torrents to download movies and such.. It is much more convenient to just pick up a cheap android TV box and stream.

Old Post 03-31-2017 08:50 PM
mzdspd is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mzdspd Click here to Send mzdspd a Private Message Find more posts by mzdspd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
schocker
Fifth Gear

What I drive: Euro Accord Brah
Posts/Day: 1.46

quote:

Originally posted by killramos
Who pays 100+ a month just for cable?

The top tier (premier?) with shaw is 93 a month, you guys into some specialty channels or something?

That said I'm definitely thinking of moving to the 25 dollar crtc package + the 14 dollar all sports channels pack and calling it a day saving 50 bucks a month in the process. I like being able to turn the game on when people are over.

Yeah, you don't have to have basic or the every channel available. I have the poverty package with a couple theme packs for a grand total of $37 /month. But then netflix uhd and hulu and hbo.....

Old Post 03-31-2017 10:31 PM
schocker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for schocker Click here to Send schocker a Private Message Visit schocker's homepage! Find more posts by schocker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thaco

quote:

looks like everything is back, crisis averted, must have been a temporary issue.

Old Post 04-01-2017 04:31 AM
Hero_X
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.05
Trader Rating: (5)

quote:

Free range seems to be working great for me.

I actually wasn't watching much tv anymore due to the family just wanting to watch multicultural crap.

But, now with free range, i can watch shit even while at work, just have my tablet to the side.

cable is a bit of an older system nowadays but it's not too bad. I've used android boxes and done the whole kodi streaming thing but it's so annoying to try to look for links that work.

Their blue sky system is kinda interesting but not gonna pick it up just yet, gotta see how it performs lol

Old Post 04-01-2017 07:12 AM
Hero_X is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hero_X Click here to Send Hero_X a Private Message Find more posts by Hero_X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
A790
PC Principal

What I drive: A future rustbucket.
Posts/Day: 1.31
Trader Rating: (68)
User Rating: 103%

quote:

Netflix + Crave + Amazon Prime.

Haven't torrented anything in years. Hell, I even listen to music through Google Play.

Internet Marketing Solutions for Small Businesses & Niche Content Websites.

No contracts, just results. Websites, SEO, PPC, Content Creation. Learn more @ SimplifiedSEO.com (website under dev).

Old Post 04-01-2017 03:48 PM
A790 is online now Click Here to See the Profile for A790 Click here to Send A790 a Private Message Find more posts by A790 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HiTempguy1
First Gear

What I drive: 1995 WRX STi
Posts/Day: 0.29

quote:

Originally posted by mzdspd

If you use torrents to download movies and such.. It is much more convenient to just pick up a cheap android TV box and stream.

I dunno... anything I want, dl'd in 10 minutes or less, in the size I want, with no buffering or hiccups?

My friend has a Kodi box, don't get me wrong, its super awesome. But seems to be almost... too much? That's what I love about torrents in a sense. I just download exactly what I want. Want to watch it again? Just open it up

I also am a rare person that if I like a tv show, I will go out and purchase a box set (or nowadays, the digital download equivalent) so as to pay the people who make the show.

Entertainment producers should go to a direct to customer system. Similiar to Twitch I guess.

Edit-
As for the actual cost of cable, sure its not much, until you factor in you already have internet on top of it. I'd rather put $50/month towards better internet. Cable TV is a dying model.

Old Post 04-03-2017 05:07 PM
HiTempguy1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HiTempguy1 Click here to Send HiTempguy1 a Private Message Find more posts by HiTempguy1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Xtrema
Sixth Gear

What I drive: 2016 MB C450
Posts/Day: 1.55
Trader Rating: (4)

quote:

Originally posted by mzdspd

I played with Kodi and Exodus. I don't like how the stream quality is or how long it takes before the stream starts (or sometime won't start at all). To me, either I'm doing something wrong or pay providers may improve upon this experience.

Torrent is always there, full quality and start up in a sec or less.

So unless streaming can match that, it's not really a replacement other than legal gray area it's in.

I know streaming may be great for live events like sports but I don't watch enough to care.

Old Post 04-03-2017 07:12 PM
Xtrema is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Xtrema Click here to Send Xtrema a Private Message Find more posts by Xtrema Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jwslam
Second Gear

What I drive: is easy to spot
Posts/Day: 0.43
Trader Rating: (61)
User Rating: 96%

quote:

Originally posted by Xtrema
I know streaming may be great for live events like sports but I don't watch enough to care.

This. If it's a live event that's big enough to be cared about, I can pretty much count on a friend hosting or hit up a pub / bar.

Old Post 04-03-2017 07:30 PM
jwslam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jwslam Click here to Send jwslam a Private Message Find more posts by jwslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gman.45

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.01

quote:

Agree Xtrema, I've found with Kodi/Exudus/etc, unless it's a very, very recent program/film, it's very spotty getting the thing to launch, and 1/2 the time it doesn't, and getting anything about 480 quality is a complete flip of the coin.

Old Post 04-03-2017 08:27 PM
Gman.45 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gman.45 Click here to Send Gman.45 a Private Message Find more posts by Gman.45 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 07:51 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Computers, Consoles, and other Electronics > Shaw crippled freerange?...

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: