Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Computers, Consoles, and other Electronics > How to add storage space for music to my Nexus 5x?

Author
Thread
FixedGear
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.19
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 99%

How to add storage space for music to my Nexus 5x? quote:

So I put my iPod through the wash and it died. I fly a lot and need music, but I've always used an iPod (to preserve battery life on my phone) and only have a 16gb Nexus 5x phone.

I know you can add a USB flash drive to add space. Can anyone recommend a good USB drive that is small and will fit into the phone with a case on it? This phone has the USB-C connection. I have done some looking on Google/Amazon, but many of the drives I've found either don't fit with a case, or have a weird/bulky geometry that isn't convenient for use with a phone.

Thanks.

Originally posted by HiTempguy1
Nope, their just idiots who took themselves out of the gene pool.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-31-2017 05:38 PM
FixedGear is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FixedGear Click here to Send FixedGear a Private Message Find more posts by FixedGear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Mitsu3000gt
E-Gear Paddle Shifter

What I drive: 2017 Civic Hatch ST
Posts/Day: 1.80
Trader Rating: (28)
User Rating: 93%

quote:

You can get something like this (sounds like you've already looked into it though), but I don't know what case you have:

Otherwise you can just use a short cable and ANY tiny flash drive (there are some extremely small ones like this https://www.amazon.ca/SanDisk-Ultra...cro+flash+drive), or get Google Play Music and download 5GB of music at a time or whatever. You could also just buy more data and stream, but I find it uses quite a bit of data so you would need quite a big plan.

Also I don't know where you're doing this, but Shaw/Telus have pretty good free WiFi coverage, so streaming might still be viable.

Old Post 03-31-2017 05:53 PM
Mitsu3000gt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mitsu3000gt Click here to Send Mitsu3000gt a Private Message Find more posts by Mitsu3000gt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FixedGear
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.19
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Thanks man! That is what I'm looking for, wonder if it would fit with my case on. This is the case I have: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0176W4118

Originally posted by HiTempguy1
Nope, their just idiots who took themselves out of the gene pool.

Old Post 03-31-2017 05:57 PM
FixedGear is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FixedGear Click here to Send FixedGear a Private Message Find more posts by FixedGear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mitsu3000gt
E-Gear Paddle Shifter

What I drive: 2017 Civic Hatch ST
Posts/Day: 1.80
Trader Rating: (28)
User Rating: 93%

quote:

Hmmm I would guess the bottom opening is too small for the above embedded picture. You could always just cut the opening in the case larger though with a Dremel or similar, cases are so cheap they are basically disposable.

Old Post 03-31-2017 06:35 PM
Mitsu3000gt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mitsu3000gt Click here to Send Mitsu3000gt a Private Message Find more posts by Mitsu3000gt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 03:18 AM (GMT) Post New Thread   
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Computers, Consoles, and other Electronics > How to add storage space for music to my Nexus 5x?

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: