Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Real Estate / Finance > Non-refundable cleaning deposit

Author
Thread
Mixalot27
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.04
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 100%

Non-refundable cleaning deposit quote:

I am renting an apartment in Vernon, BC. My six month lease is up at the end of April. When I signed the lease I was informed that they charge a $150 non-refundable cleaning fee which I paid. Normally when I move out of a place, I clean the place spotless. However, in this case since I have paid a cleaning fee, I am wondering what condition I am expected to leave the place cleanliness wise?

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-06-2017 01:25 PM
Mixalot27 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mixalot27 Click here to Send Mixalot27 a Private Message Find more posts by Mixalot27 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

speedog
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.65
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 104%

quote:

Do what you would normally do?

Btw, you're renting an apartment in Vernon, BC but your location is in Calgary - that's one hell of a commute.

Old Post 04-06-2017 02:05 PM
speedog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for speedog Click here to Send speedog a Private Message Find more posts by speedog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ExtraSlow
Third Gear

What I drive: 2010 Recession Fighter LX
Posts/Day: 1.11
Trader Rating: (27)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

This fee means they are hiring cleaners. So no worries about cleaning surfaces or floors. I'd probably still vacuum.

Old Post 04-06-2017 02:38 PM
ExtraSlow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ExtraSlow Click here to Send ExtraSlow a Private Message Find more posts by ExtraSlow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dj_rice
owned by an '08 n00b! LOL

What I drive: 93 240sx SE, 02 Pathfinder LE
Posts/Day: 1.18
Trader Rating: (34)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
This fee means they are hiring cleaners. So no worries about cleaning surfaces or floors. I'd probably still vacuum.

I'd at least vaccum and throw away garbage. Normal decent human being stuff

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

Old Post 04-06-2017 02:44 PM
dj_rice is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dj_rice Click here to Send dj_rice a Private Message Find more posts by dj_rice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jwslam
Second Gear

What I drive: is easy to spot
Posts/Day: 0.43
Trader Rating: (61)
User Rating: 96%

quote:

Originally posted by dj_rice
I'd at least vaccum and throw away garbage. Normal decent human being stuff

I disagree? If I've paid a fee, I'm leaving in the same condition I would leave a hotel room... No access to a vacuum, garbage left untaken, but obviously not like the Sage Hill AirBnB house.

Old Post 04-06-2017 02:57 PM
jwslam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jwslam Click here to Send jwslam a Private Message Find more posts by jwslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mixalot27
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.04
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

The lease we signed was just a standard BC Residential Tenancy lease provided by the BC government.

According the lease I am expected to return the place in clean condition. However, if I am reading things right, he wasn't allowed to charge me a non-refundable cleaning fee on-top of my security deposit. It appears that the security deposit can only be half a months rent and then on top of that only a few certain fees for keys, nsf cheques, etc.

http://www.bclaws.ca/civix/document...o97/10_477_2003

However, I don't plan on disputing the fee. My thought was that I would at least take out the garbage, vacuum, and do a quick surface cleaning. However, I was thinking of not cleaning inside the appliances, bathtub, balcony, etc overally thoroughly. Then again, I might just clean the place like I normally do to keep a good relationship and avoid any hassles. I guess I will ask my landlord what his expectations are.

Old Post 04-06-2017 03:03 PM
Mixalot27 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mixalot27 Click here to Send Mixalot27 a Private Message Find more posts by Mixalot27 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Seth1968
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.36
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

That $150.00 might just be for carpet cleaning. If so, you would still have to clean the place. Check the lease, and maybe talk to the landlord.

Last edited by Seth1968 on 04-06-2017 at 04:00 PM

Old Post 04-06-2017 03:43 PM
Seth1968 is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Seth1968 Click here to Send Seth1968 a Private Message Find more posts by Seth1968 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mitsu3000gt
E-Gear Paddle Shifter

What I drive: 2017 Civic Hatch ST
Posts/Day: 1.80
Trader Rating: (28)
User Rating: 93%

quote:

Originally posted by jwslam

I disagree? If I've paid a fee, I'm leaving in the same condition I would leave a hotel room... No access to a vacuum, garbage left untaken, but obviously not like the Sage Hill AirBnB house.

I'm of a similar opinion, the exception being any extreme messes/accidents. For general dirtyness/untidyness, if they won't let me clean it myself and make me pay for it, I'm not going to do anything. Let me clean it myself and it will probably be better than the paid job.

Old Post 04-06-2017 05:01 PM
Mitsu3000gt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mitsu3000gt Click here to Send Mitsu3000gt a Private Message Find more posts by Mitsu3000gt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HiTempguy1
First Gear

What I drive: 1995 WRX STi
Posts/Day: 0.28
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

Regardless of the cleaning fee, you still need to abide by BC's landlord and tenant act, which probably stipulates the place be "clean".

Would I leave it spotless? No. But I would at least give it a quick cleaning, place shouldn't be that messy if you only lived there 6 months

Old Post 04-06-2017 05:20 PM
HiTempguy1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HiTempguy1 Click here to Send HiTempguy1 a Private Message Find more posts by HiTempguy1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ee2k

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.03
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Check with your landlord about what's expected.

Old Post 04-06-2017 06:04 PM
ee2k is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ee2k Click here to Send ee2k a Private Message Find more posts by ee2k Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 02:13 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Real Estate / Finance > Non-refundable cleaning deposit

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: