Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Home and Garden > Rates for basement framing and carpentry work

Author
Thread
GoChris
FKA: rlde.us

What I drive: Sentra
Posts/Day: 0.31
Trader Rating: (53)
User Rating: 100%

Rates for basement framing and carpentry work quote:

Just wondering what the going average hourly rate is for a carpenter is these days?
I have some final work that needs to be done in my basement before moving on to electrical. Framing and some duct and cold air return relocation work.

Cheers

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-11-2017 08:21 PM
GoChris is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GoChris Click here to Send GoChris a Private Message Find more posts by GoChris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

project240
First Gear

What I drive: 03 Mdx, 05 Gli
Posts/Day: 0.13
Trader Rating: (6)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Depends what skill level you want finishing it...

$20-$25/hr for your average kijiji guy
$40+/hr for a skilled carpenter

Old Post 04-11-2017 08:27 PM
project240 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for project240 Click here to Send project240 a Private Message Find more posts by project240 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sugarphreak
Fifth Gear

What I drive: A moving pylon
Posts/Day: 2.08
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 155%

quote:

I hired a guy off Kijiji for mine, basically if you get a few quotes you can get a feel for who knows what they are doing. It turns out he was framing homes down the street for a builder. He came buy, gave me a flat quote for the work and materials.

I believe the labour cost worked out to around 30~ per hour when it was all said and done. With a flat rate he didn't have any reason to drag it out, he just came and worked hard non-stop. I try not to hire on an hourly rate for this reason, too many contractors will just drag it out on purpose.

Passed the home inspection by the city with no issues. Way cheaper than hiring a middle man outfit.

Last edited by Sugarphreak on 04-11-2017 at 08:40 PM

Old Post 04-11-2017 08:35 PM
Sugarphreak is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sugarphreak Click here to Send Sugarphreak a Private Message Find more posts by Sugarphreak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoChris
FKA: rlde.us

What I drive: Sentra
Posts/Day: 0.31
Trader Rating: (53)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Thanks guys, sorry I thought I had email notifications on for this, just noticed the replies now.

I had a guy come by, $75/hr he wants. Now he seems super smart about basement development and building in general, and is likely very good, but the rate seems high and probably too high for my budget. Especially for about 3 days of work.

I'll check kijiji and get some quotes.

Old Post 04-17-2017 03:17 PM
GoChris is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GoChris Click here to Send GoChris a Private Message Find more posts by GoChris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kloubek
Fourth Gear

What I drive: A vehicle or two
Posts/Day: 1.14
Trader Rating: (35)
User Rating: 96%

quote:

Hey Sugarfreak - you want to fire me that guy's contact info? Looking to do my basement too.

Cheers.

Originally posted by A790 10/10, would let Jeff in my mouth again.

Old Post 04-17-2017 03:53 PM
Kloubek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kloubek Click here to Send Kloubek a Private Message Find more posts by Kloubek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 02:02 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Home and Garden > Rates for basement framing and carpentry work

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: