Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Society / Law / Current Events / Politics > Proposed Federal Marijuana Legislation Unvailed

Author
Thread
tirebob
Forum Sponsor

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.39
Trader Rating: (33)
User Rating: 100%

Proposed Federal Marijuana Legislation Unvailed quote:

http://globalnews.ca/news/3377577/m...ncement-canada/

"The new legislation would establish a “strict legal framework” for the production, sale, distribution and possession of pot, and make it a specific criminal offence to sell cannabis to a minor. Adults over 18 would be allowed to possess up to 30 grams of dried cannabis or its equivalent in public, share up to 30 grams of dried cannabis with other adults and buy cannabis or cannabis oil from a provincially regulated retailer. They would also be permitted to grow up to four plants per resident for personal use, as well as make legal cannabis-containing products at home."

I think this strikes a good balance of convenience and reasonable use...

I hope this passes!

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-13-2017 06:10 PM
tirebob is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tirebob Click here to Send tirebob a Private Message Find more posts by tirebob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

mazdavirgin
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.05
Trader Rating: (0)

quote:

Won't someone please think of the children?!

click for larger version
» Click image for larger version

Old Post 04-13-2017 06:19 PM
mazdavirgin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mazdavirgin Click here to Send mazdavirgin a Private Message Find more posts by mazdavirgin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ercchry
Fifth Gear

What I drive: E90M3 510 Wagon
Posts/Day: 1.51
Trader Rating: (6)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

I would like to know what "equivalent" is going to look like (yield of concentrates can vary)

Would current medical regulations supersede for people in that program? (Currently you can carry around one month's worth and most prescriptions are at least 1g/day)

Also will they be looking at legalizing and regulating solvent based extracts? (ie. shatter)

Provincially regulated retail could become a fucking nightmare (look at how the old liquor nonsense use to be like)

What does this mean for current LP's? Are their evaluations about to drop off a cliff with the market opening up? Will there be protectionism measures put in place with this provincially regulated nonsense? How much red tape will there be for small business trying to break into this world? Will things be in place so retail can be open, fully licensed by day one of legalization?

So many questions!

Calling it now though, fun, good tasting pot products will be banned asap (just like flavoured tobacco... cause only children like things that taste good!)

Old Post 04-13-2017 06:19 PM
ercchry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ercchry Click here to Send ercchry a Private Message Visit ercchry's homepage! Find more posts by ercchry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kloubek
Fourth Gear

What I drive: A vehicle or two
Posts/Day: 1.14
Trader Rating: (35)
User Rating: 96%

quote:

It will pass. It has to. The liberals have spent so much time on it, and it was key in their platform. The NDP also supports legislation.

Originally posted by ercchry
Calling it now though, fun, good tasting pot products will be banned asap (just like flavoured tobacco... cause only children like things that taste good!)

Fair enough assessment. I can see a real problem with allowing people to make edibles in their home. The moment a child gets their hands on it and the media covers it, people will be screaming for change. (Even though it was really the parent's responsibility to keep it from happening, we're very much a hand-hold society)

Originally posted by A790 10/10, would let Jeff in my mouth again.

Old Post 04-13-2017 06:34 PM
Kloubek is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Kloubek Click here to Send Kloubek a Private Message Find more posts by Kloubek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HiTempguy1
First Gear

What I drive: 1995 WRX STi
Posts/Day: 0.29
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

Provincially regulated retail could become a fucking nightmare (look at how the old liquor nonsense use to be like)

The problem is that everyone trumpeting taxes and getting rid of organized crime are wrong.

The tax revenue is way overstated. Just like black market tobacco sales, there will still be plenty of people buying illegally.

Its fucking ridiculous though that the legal age is 18, that is complete bullshit.

Old Post 04-13-2017 06:45 PM
HiTempguy1 is online now Click Here to See the Profile for HiTempguy1 Click here to Send HiTempguy1 a Private Message Find more posts by HiTempguy1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sugarphreak
Fifth Gear

What I drive: A moving pylon
Posts/Day: 2.09
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 155%

quote:

Originally posted by HiTempguy1
Its fucking ridiculous though that the legal age is 18, that is complete bullshit.

Huh? Why is that?

Old Post 04-13-2017 06:48 PM
Sugarphreak is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sugarphreak Click here to Send Sugarphreak a Private Message Find more posts by Sugarphreak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tik-Tok
Cowboy Hunter

What I drive: Japanese functionality, Swedish style.
Posts/Day: 1.55
Trader Rating: (12)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

The problem is that everyone trumpeting taxes and getting rid of organized crime are wrong.

The tax revenue is way overstated. Just like black market tobacco sales, there will still be plenty of people buying illegally.

It maybe overstated (maybe), but it's an entire new tax revenue source. There was zero taxes from it before, now there will be some... better than nothing.

I agree on the age, it should be older.

Old Post 04-13-2017 06:53 PM
Tik-Tok is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Tik-Tok Click here to Send Tik-Tok a Private Message Find more posts by Tik-Tok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ercchry
Fifth Gear

quote:

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

Huh? Why is that?

You should know this one...

Developing brain=classic BC potheads

Old Post 04-13-2017 06:54 PM
ercchry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ercchry Click here to Send ercchry a Private Message Visit ercchry's homepage! Find more posts by ercchry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pheoxs
First Gear

What I drive: Fiesta ST
Posts/Day: 0.27
Trader Rating: (7)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

four plants per resident for personal use

I originally thought it was rumored to be 4 plants per residence, now its per resident?

Like if we have a house of 4 we can grow 16 plants?

Old Post 04-13-2017 07:11 PM
pheoxs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pheoxs Click here to Send pheoxs a Private Message Find more posts by pheoxs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tik-Tok
Cowboy Hunter

What I drive: Japanese functionality, Swedish style.
Posts/Day: 1.55
Trader Rating: (12)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

Originally posted by pheoxs

I originally thought it was rumored to be 4 plants per residence, now its per resident?

Like if we have a house of 4 we can grow 16 plants?

4 people of legal age, I assume.

Old Post 04-13-2017 07:12 PM
Tik-Tok is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Tik-Tok Click here to Send Tik-Tok a Private Message Find more posts by Tik-Tok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HiTempguy1
First Gear

What I drive: 1995 WRX STi
Posts/Day: 0.29
Trader Rating: (1)

quote:

Yep. While I am completely against legalization, at least if they are going to do it they should do it inline with the nedical communities recommendations.

Of course, alcohol should be too, but I digress.

Liberals are clearly gunning for the youth vote for this.

Old Post 04-13-2017 07:22 PM
HiTempguy1 is online now Click Here to See the Profile for HiTempguy1 Click here to Send HiTempguy1 a Private Message Find more posts by HiTempguy1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ZenOps
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.07

quote:

Jeebus, 30 grams at the strength they grow nowadays is more than I was thinking. That could do a block party.

So I might as well ask here on Beyond now... Wheres the best place to get hydroponics?

Last edited by ZenOps on 04-13-2017 at 07:28 PM

Old Post 04-13-2017 07:25 PM
ZenOps is online now Click Here to See the Profile for ZenOps Click here to Send ZenOps a Private Message Find more posts by ZenOps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pheoxs
First Gear

What I drive: Fiesta ST
Posts/Day: 0.27
Trader Rating: (7)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Just checked some other articles and they all say per residence. Looks like typo in the article in this thread.

Originally posted by ZenOps
Jeebus, 30 grams at the strength they grow nowadays is more than I was thinking. That could do a block party.

I don't see why thats a problem. I can go buy a texas mickey of booze, doesn't mean I have to drink it all in one sitting.

Old Post 04-13-2017 07:28 PM
pheoxs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pheoxs Click here to Send pheoxs a Private Message Find more posts by pheoxs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ercchry
Fifth Gear

quote:

Originally posted by pheoxs
Just checked some other articles and they all say per residence. Looks like typo in the article in this thread.

I don't see why thats a problem. I can go buy a texas mickey of booze, doesn't mean I have to drink it all in one sitting.

Not to mention if you want to create topicals/edibles/concentrates/etc you want to do that in bulk, cause of the time commitment and loss associated with it

Old Post 04-13-2017 07:45 PM
J-hop
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.39

quote:

Originally posted by mazdavirgin
Won't someone please think of the children?!

click for larger version
» Click image for larger version

I'll stick to the blood of Christ thank you very much

Old Post 04-13-2017 07:56 PM
J-hop is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J-hop Click here to Send J-hop a Private Message Find more posts by J-hop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kertejud2

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.01

quote:

Originally posted by J-hop

I'll stick to the blood of Christ thank you very much

It starts out all nice and divine but it will lead you down a dark path. Once you're hooked on the body there's no turning back!

Old Post 04-13-2017 08:56 PM
kertejud2 is online now Click Here to See the Profile for kertejud2 Click here to Send kertejud2 a Private Message Find more posts by kertejud2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
A790
PC Principal

What I drive: A future rustbucket.
Posts/Day: 1.31
Trader Rating: (68)
User Rating: 103%

quote:

Do tell.

Internet Marketing Solutions for Small Businesses & Niche Content Websites.

No contracts, just results. Websites, SEO, PPC, Content Creation. Learn more @ SimplifiedSEO.com (website under dev).

Old Post 04-13-2017 09:01 PM
A790 is online now Click Here to See the Profile for A790 Click here to Send A790 a Private Message Find more posts by A790 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chkolny541
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.50
Trader Rating: (2)

quote:

What does this mean for current LP's? Are their evaluations about to drop off a cliff with the market opening up? Will there be protectionism measures put in place with this provincially regulated nonsense? How much red tape will there be for small business trying to break into this world? Will things be in place so retail can be open, fully licensed by day one of legalization?

So many questions!

I'm also very curious about how LP's are going to be incorporated in this new deal. I personally was under the assumption that there will be additional taxs on the regular variety vs only 5% gst on the medical grade mj. So ultimately if you qualify for medical mj it would still be your preferred choice due to additional taxes? I'm not positive but it would make more sense.

Originally posted by Modelexis
If I have questions about my phone bill, I don't post it on beyond, I call telus.

Originally posted by D911
worst part is definitely when the dudes smacking it with his dick like that inside out anus owes his dick some money.

the crap you find when you dig through ask leo

Old Post 04-13-2017 09:05 PM
chkolny541 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chkolny541 Click here to Send chkolny541 a Private Message Find more posts by chkolny541 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Seth1968
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.36

quote:

Yep. While I am completely against legalization, at least if they are going to do it they should do it inline with the nedical communities recommendations.

I'm completely against others telling others what they can and cannot do with their own bodies.

Last edited by Seth1968 on 04-13-2017 at 09:35 PM

Old Post 04-13-2017 09:06 PM
Seth1968 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Seth1968 Click here to Send Seth1968 a Private Message Find more posts by Seth1968 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sugarphreak
Fifth Gear

What I drive: A moving pylon
Posts/Day: 2.09
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 155%

quote:

Liberals are clearly gunning for the youth vote for this.

Sorry, I was thinking you were saying that it was bull shit the age limit was 18 instead of something younger haha

That said, 18 sounds fine to me... once you finish high school, you should be able to drink, fuck, and do as many drugs as you want

Old Post 04-13-2017 09:33 PM
Sugarphreak is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sugarphreak Click here to Send Sugarphreak a Private Message Find more posts by Sugarphreak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 03:29 AM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Society / Law / Current Events / Politics > Proposed Federal Marijuana Legislation Unvailed

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: