Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > General Car/Bike Talk > Shipping vehicle from Arizona to Vancouver

Author
Thread
FixedGear
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.19
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 99%

Shipping vehicle from Arizona to Vancouver quote:

I need to ship a vehicle from Arizona to Vancouver. Can anyone recommend how to do that, what it costs, how long it takes, and whether any special.paperwork is required? I will be importing it eventually, but am hoping to not do that until the Arizona registration expires.

Thanks!

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-14-2017 04:02 PM
FixedGear is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FixedGear Click here to Send FixedGear a Private Message Find more posts by FixedGear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

carson blocks
First Gear

What I drive: 1917 Model T, VW Baja, 2016 Longhorn
Posts/Day: 0.14
User Rating: 103%

quote:

I found the minute you ask about crossing the border, it adds $3k to the price. I was getting $4-6k quotes to bring my old Z06 from Phoenix to Calgary. I got it brought from Phoenix to Great Falls though for $800 and just took a day trip down with a uhaul trailer to grab it. No reason you couldn't do the same to somewhere near the border around Vancouver.

Old Post 04-14-2017 05:40 PM
carson blocks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for carson blocks Click here to Send carson blocks a Private Message Find more posts by carson blocks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cjblair
Second Gear

What I drive: Jap V8
Posts/Day: 0.53
Trader Rating: (5)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

Either ship to somewhere in WA, or just fly down and drive it back. It's not like it's in FL.

Old Post 04-14-2017 06:57 PM
cjblair is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cjblair Click here to Send cjblair a Private Message Find more posts by cjblair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FixedGear
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.19

quote:

Thanks guys, I appreciate the advice. Any recommendations on good companies that do this? It's a 26 hour drive, don't want to do that personally as my time is more valuable to me.

Old Post 04-15-2017 01:22 PM
FixedGear is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FixedGear Click here to Send FixedGear a Private Message Find more posts by FixedGear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
EK 2.0
Beyond's Biggest E-Mack

What I drive: ...BNT0B0X...
Posts/Day: 1.73
Trader Rating: (31)

quote:

Originally posted by FixedGear
Thanks guys, I appreciate the advice. Any recommendations on good companies that do this? It's a 26 hour drive, don't want to do that personally as my time is more valuable to me.

"Hire" a friend to bring it up??...I brought up a car for a friend a few years back...and for me made a nice holiday out of it and was able to drive up the coast in a nice sports sedan haha...

But aside from time, maybe putting kilometers on your car is something you are looking to avoid??...

Old Post 04-15-2017 05:53 PM
EK 2.0 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for EK 2.0 Click here to Send EK 2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by EK 2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jwslam
Second Gear

What I drive: is easy to spot
Posts/Day: 0.44
Trader Rating: (61)
User Rating: 96%

quote:

Originally posted by EK 2.0
"Hire" a friend to bring it up??...I brought up a car for a friend a few years back...and for me made a nice holiday out of it and was able to drive up the coast in a nice sports sedan haha...

But aside from time, maybe putting kilometers on your car is something you are looking to avoid??...

I can be that "friend" for an all inclusive trip. Just wondering how crossing the border in someone else's car works though...

Old Post 04-15-2017 06:52 PM
jwslam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jwslam Click here to Send jwslam a Private Message Find more posts by jwslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cjblair
Second Gear

What I drive: Jap V8
Posts/Day: 0.53
Trader Rating: (5)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

Originally posted by jwslam

I can be that "friend" for an all inclusive trip. Just wondering how crossing the border in someone else's car works though...

You just need a letter authorizing you as an agent to import their car

Old Post 04-15-2017 07:00 PM
cjblair is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cjblair Click here to Send cjblair a Private Message Find more posts by cjblair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 08:17 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > General Car/Bike Talk > Shipping vehicle from Arizona to Vancouver

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: