Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Entertainment > Kid-friendly music - SUGGESTIONS

Author
Thread
ExtraSlow
Third Gear

What I drive: 2010 Recession Fighter LX
Posts/Day: 1.12
Trader Rating: (27)
User Rating: 101%

Kid-friendly music - SUGGESTIONS quote:

So I've made my kids a couple of mix cd's for them to listen to, and they really like them. I'm happy to have them listening to "real" music and not that kidz Bop crap, or the garbage that's on the radio most of the time.

What would you suggest for "real music" for your kids to listen to? Only requirement is that it should have no swears/sex/politics/violence.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-16-2017 10:26 PM
ExtraSlow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ExtraSlow Click here to Send ExtraSlow a Private Message Find more posts by ExtraSlow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

speedog
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.65
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 104%

quote:

Bare Naked Ladies would probably be a good start.

Old Post 04-16-2017 11:00 PM
speedog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for speedog Click here to Send speedog a Private Message Find more posts by speedog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Epididymitis

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.07
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Your kids ever heard of the maiden?????

Old Post 04-16-2017 11:58 PM
Epididymitis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Epididymitis Click here to Send Epididymitis a Private Message Find more posts by Epididymitis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Clever
First Gear

What I drive: Hemi's only
Posts/Day: 0.15
Trader Rating: (13)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

My kids loved Jack Johnson when they were younger, they still do, but they listen to pretty much anything now.

Old Post 04-17-2017 01:25 AM
Clever is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Clever Click here to Send Clever a Private Message Find more posts by Clever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
03ozwhip
Fourth Gear

What I drive: changes every year
Posts/Day: 0.99
Trader Rating: (29)
User Rating: 90%

quote:

well I'm a bad parent....my kids favorite artist is DMX...I don't know why, maybe it's the voice. but I suggest looking for the radio edits of music that usually isn't made for kids, that way, you can still listen to what you want too and maybe they'll like it.

nothing like sitting in a car for hours at a time listening to baby Einstein. anyways, maybe it isn't the best suggestion but it's what I did....I listen to my music unedited all the time now and although it's full of swearing, my kid does not and will not swear. ( I do still pick and choose what comes on, there's some seriously inappropriate stuff that I listen to lol)

Old Post 04-17-2017 01:34 AM
03ozwhip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 03ozwhip Click here to Send 03ozwhip a Private Message Find more posts by 03ozwhip Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pacman
First Gear

What I drive: Subaru Outback, S2K
Posts/Day: 0.14
User Rating: 98%

quote:

I've got the Bare Naked Ladies "Snack Time" CD, which is great as it's more kids orientated but good for adults.

I can burn you a copy if you like.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snacktime!

Old Post 04-17-2017 01:59 AM
Pacman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pacman Click here to Send Pacman a Private Message Find more posts by Pacman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HuMz
First Gear

What I drive: 2010 frontier pro-4x
Posts/Day: 0.12
Trader Rating: (8)

quote:

If they like hiphop anything by Andy Mineo, NF, or Lacrae is clean.

Last edited by HuMz on 04-21-2017 at 06:22 PM

Old Post 04-17-2017 02:41 AM
HuMz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HuMz Click here to Send HuMz a Private Message Find more posts by HuMz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AndyL
Second Gear

What I drive: 4x4
Posts/Day: 0.48
Trader Rating: (9)

quote:

Raffi man! It's all about the Raffi!

Old Post 04-17-2017 02:48 AM
AndyL is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AndyL Click here to Send AndyL a Private Message Visit AndyL's homepage! Find more posts by AndyL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
killramos
Third Gear

What I drive: ///M235i
Posts/Day: 1.10
Trader Rating: (2)

quote:

I heard the insane clown posse is "in" with all the young people these days

* Use of this avatar makes no statement of me implying I own a BMW M division car, that the BMW M235i model is a BMW M division car, or any other statement regarding BMW M division or its debated superiority over other makes and models of vehicles

Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.

Originally posted by Toma
fact.

Old Post 04-17-2017 02:49 AM
killramos is online now Click Here to See the Profile for killramos Click here to Send killramos a Private Message Find more posts by killramos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Melinda

What I drive: Highlander
Posts/Day: 0.49
Trader Rating: (18)

quote:

My kids will tell you their favorite artists are Queen, the Beatles, and Ed Sheeran. As someone who as a kid loved the spice girls and only realized as an adult listening to it again that 'Two Become One' was entirely about sex, I tend to not freak out too much about hidden content in music, at least until they're older.

www.melindagombert.com

Old Post 04-17-2017 03:50 AM
Melinda is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Melinda Click here to Send Melinda a Private Message Visit Melinda's homepage! Find more posts by Melinda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Neil4Speed
Second Gear

What I drive: Acura TLX SH-AWD
Posts/Day: 0.39
Trader Rating: (83)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

Whats wrong with the Classics? Fleetwood Mac, Elton John, Beatles, Michael Jackson

Originally posted by arian_ma
your stomach is full of sulfuric acid

Old Post 04-17-2017 03:02 PM
Neil4Speed is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Neil4Speed Click here to Send Neil4Speed a Private Message Find more posts by Neil4Speed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
legendboy
AMG Killer

What I drive: 6.7 CUMMINS
Posts/Day: 0.84
Trader Rating: (28)

quote:

Originally posted by Neil4Speed
Whats wrong with the Classics? Fleetwood Mac, Elton John, Beatles, Michael Jackson

Eagles too ^ This is what i have been trying to do.

I have two girls, 7 & 10 and they listen to moms top 40 music. They are shaking their asses and dancing like they were in a club!!!

fuck that shit!!!

https:[email protected]

Old Post 04-17-2017 03:51 PM
legendboy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for legendboy Click here to Send legendboy a Private Message Find more posts by legendboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
loweg
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.06
Trader Rating: (26)

Mix quote:

My four year old sons current Spotify playlist is weezer and trolls soundtrack

Old Post 04-17-2017 04:13 PM
loweg is online now Click Here to See the Profile for loweg Click here to Send loweg a Private Message Find more posts by loweg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hurrdurr
First Gear

What I drive: xJUAN
Posts/Day: 0.17
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 96%

quote:

I generally just try to get the censored versions of my favourites.

A lot of the newer rap albums say "E" next to it if the lyrics are explicit otherwise it's generally safe

Old Post 04-17-2017 07:05 PM
hurrdurr is online now Click Here to See the Profile for hurrdurr Click here to Send hurrdurr a Private Message Find more posts by hurrdurr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rage2

What I drive: Ricer SUV, Lexus Coupe in Mid Life Crisis Orange
Trader Rating: (25)

quote:

I set parental settings to clean and let them loose on Apple Music. They figure out and discover their own stuff. Pretty funny that our 3 yr old is keeping me up to date on new music, since I only listen to old man shit haha. He manages his own favorites playlist, which is shared with me for easy access in the car.

Favorites are typical pop stuff, Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga, One Direction and even some Flo Rida. Thank god he has no grasp of double entendres haha.

Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Old Post 04-17-2017 07:26 PM
rage2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rage2 Click here to Send rage2 a Private Message Visit rage2's homepage! Find more posts by rage2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sugarphreak
Fifth Gear

What I drive: A moving pylon
Posts/Day: 2.09
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 155%

quote:

Music is one of those things I donít think should be censored, even for kids. It really is the ultimate freedom of expression, and should just be enjoyed as the artist intended. I was listening to songs with explicit lyrics by the time I was in about 6th grade, and so were all the other kids. The only people who think it is a big deal is helicopter parents**

**Disclaimer: Not a parent, generally zero fucks given about kids

Old Post 04-17-2017 08:09 PM
Sugarphreak is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sugarphreak Click here to Send Sugarphreak a Private Message Find more posts by Sugarphreak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
90_Shelby
First Gear

What I drive: Volvo, V-Wagon
Posts/Day: 0.14
Trader Rating: (1)

quote:

Johnny Cash

Old Post 04-17-2017 08:47 PM
90_Shelby is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 90_Shelby Click here to Send 90_Shelby a Private Message Find more posts by 90_Shelby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ExtraSlow
Third Gear

What I drive: 2010 Recession Fighter LX
Posts/Day: 1.12

quote:

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
Music is one of those things I donít think should be censored, even for kids. It really is the ultimate freedom of expression, and should just be enjoyed as the artist intended. I was listening to songs with explicit lyrics by the time I was in about 6th grade, and so were all the other kids. The only people who think it is a big deal is helicopter parents**

**Disclaimer: Not a parent, generally zero fucks given about kids

Totally agree with this at a certain age. Currently my kids are quite a bit younger than grade six.

Old Post 04-17-2017 10:14 PM
ExtraSlow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ExtraSlow Click here to Send ExtraSlow a Private Message Find more posts by ExtraSlow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blitz
Third Gear

What I drive: S4 Avant / Fiesta ST / Forester XT
Posts/Day: 0.57
Trader Rating: (23)

quote:

Originally posted by ExtraSlow

Totally agree with this at a certain age. Currently my kids are quite a bit younger than grade six.

3 year olds are basically over emotional parrots.

Old Post 04-17-2017 10:58 PM
blitz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blitz Click here to Send blitz a Private Message Visit blitz's homepage! Find more posts by blitz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rage2

What I drive: Ricer SUV, Lexus Coupe in Mid Life Crisis Orange
Trader Rating: (25)

quote:

Originally posted by blitz
3 year olds are basically over emotional parrots.

Yup. Reciting oh my gosh look at that butt from the Sing soundtrack at the right moments just cracks me up.

Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Old Post 04-18-2017 03:18 AM
rage2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rage2 Click here to Send rage2 a Private Message Visit rage2's homepage! Find more posts by rage2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 07:52 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Entertainment > Kid-friendly music - SUGGESTIONS

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: