Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Home and Garden > Black Knot on Trees

Author
Thread
JordanEG6
FKA: TeamCrewcial

What I drive: Honda E Toaster
Posts/Day: 0.35
Trader Rating: (41)
User Rating: 99%

Black Knot on Trees quote:

So I noticed over the winter, there are about 4 branches on my tree with black knot. I'm reading that they are very contagious and eventually lead to the tree dying if untreated. However, I'm reading that you can prune it away to mitigate it.

I don't want to incorrectly prune branches off and hurt the tree and end up killing parts of it. Should this be done professionally? Has anyone DIY'd this before?

For reference, this is what black knot looks like:

Not my tree, this one is a little more severe, but you get the idea.

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current

NEW LISTING SELLING OVER 200-300 PAIRS OF SNEAKERS ** CLICK*** OR PM ME

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-20-2017 01:26 AM
JordanEG6 is online now Click Here to See the Profile for JordanEG6 Click here to Send JordanEG6 a Private Message Find more posts by JordanEG6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

msixty

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.02
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

I have successfully managed it on my trees by following these instructions:

http://www1.agric.gov.ab.ca/$department/deptdocs.nsf/all/faq7622

Old Post 04-20-2017 01:52 AM
msixty is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msixty Click here to Send msixty a Private Message Find more posts by msixty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
redevil
First Gear

What I drive: '11 Acura RDX Tech/'15 Ram 1500 Sport
Posts/Day: 0.14
Trader Rating: (12)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

They seem to be everywhere. Had to take a big branch off my chokecherry tree to see if it will stop the spread. Not sure if it is too late or if on the main part of the tree trunk.

Old Post 04-20-2017 10:58 PM
redevil is offline Click Here to See the Profile for redevil Click here to Send redevil a Private Message Find more posts by redevil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jacky4566
First Gear

What I drive: is broken
Posts/Day: 0.21
Trader Rating: (7)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

The Town of High River has banned any new Choke cherry trees for this reason. Just wrecks trees way too easily.

Old Post 04-20-2017 11:43 PM
jacky4566 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jacky4566 Click here to Send jacky4566 a Private Message Find more posts by jacky4566 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thaco
sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)

What I drive: Rage2
Posts/Day: 0.72
Trader Rating: (29)
User Rating: 90%

quote:

i have seen the city pull down a lot of trees over the past year because of this.

Old Post 04-20-2017 11:44 PM
Thaco is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Thaco Click here to Send Thaco a Private Message Find more posts by Thaco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
austic
Neutral

What I drive: Born in Stuttgart
Posts/Day: 0.07
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Had this happen at my parents place, had to bring in professionals due to size. 3 trees done, one had to be taken out as it wa 99.5% dead. The bad thing is the trees in the area will just pass it back. Their entire neighbourhood is infested.

Old Post 04-21-2017 12:34 AM
austic is online now Click Here to See the Profile for austic Click here to Send austic a Private Message Find more posts by austic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JordanEG6
FKA: TeamCrewcial

What I drive: Honda E Toaster
Posts/Day: 0.35
Trader Rating: (41)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Originally posted by austic
Had this happen at my parents place, had to bring in professionals due to size. 3 trees done, one had to be taken out as it wa 99.5% dead. The bad thing is the trees in the area will just pass it back. Their entire neighbourhood is infested.

Yup. Did some research and trimmed the tree myself on Wednesday. I took a walk with the lady last night and checked out other choke cherry or similar trees around the area. Many of them, if not all are infected. My other neighbors probably don't know about it or don't care. It's very likely they will continue infecting mine.

I'm contemplating whether or not to take out the tree while it's young and get spruce. Not sure why the community gave that to me without notice, I was under the impression you'd get to choose your free tree with Brookfield.

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current

NEW LISTING SELLING OVER 200-300 PAIRS OF SNEAKERS ** CLICK*** OR PM ME

Old Post 04-21-2017 03:36 PM
JordanEG6 is online now Click Here to See the Profile for JordanEG6 Click here to Send JordanEG6 a Private Message Find more posts by JordanEG6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 05:24 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Home and Garden > Black Knot on Trees

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: