Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > General Car/Bike Talk > New Vehicles With Low Depreciation

Author
Thread
BavarianBeast
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.51
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 98%

New Vehicles With Low Depreciation quote:

Hello Beyond,

I am in the market for a new fun car. I would like to buy something that is available through European Delivery so I can make a vacation out of it. I tried last year to get an allocation for a Porsche GT4, but I did not get the chance to buy one. I am on the list this year for the 2018 GT3 and potentially the GT4 RS if it is ever announced. I don't have my hopes up as I understand it is very hard to get an allocation for any GT car.

I was just wondering what other cars are out there that have little deprecation after a year or two of owning? Available for European delivery would be a major bonus. I thought of maybe the M4 CS but after driving my s/c M3 and the new M4 back to back, I preferred just about everything about mine aside from the interior/aesthetics of the M4.

Suggestions?

Cheers and thanks.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-25-2017 11:23 PM
BavarianBeast is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BavarianBeast Click here to Send BavarianBeast a Private Message Find more posts by BavarianBeast Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

killramos
Third Gear

What I drive: C63S
Posts/Day: 1.12
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

G Class, they basically never depreciate.

Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.

Originally posted by Toma
fact.

Old Post 04-25-2017 11:30 PM
killramos is offline Click Here to See the Profile for killramos Click here to Send killramos a Private Message Find more posts by killramos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shakalaka
WILSUU2

What I drive: SCUZEM3
Posts/Day: 0.76
Trader Rating: (56)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

^Tell me about it. I want one so fucking bad......hopefully soon. Might just have to go new.

Old Post 04-25-2017 11:41 PM
shakalaka is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shakalaka Click here to Send shakalaka a Private Message Find more posts by shakalaka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
killramos
Third Gear

quote:

I was asking about one at the dealer this weekend, they laughed at me and said they are so supply constrained they can sell the used ones for msrp or higher. Wouldn't even give me a number for new. Maybe get in line for a 2019. Crazy.

On the topic of porsches I would kill for a GT4, a guy who golfs at valley has one and it's always a treat to look at.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.

fact.

Old Post 04-25-2017 11:47 PM
killramos is offline Click Here to See the Profile for killramos Click here to Send killramos a Private Message Find more posts by killramos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
roll_over
First Gear

What I drive: Can't driver because I'm legally blind
Posts/Day: 0.21
Trader Rating: (5)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

Originally posted by shakalaka
^Tell me about it. I want one so fucking bad......hopefully soon. Might just have to go new.

Better act fast, first round of 2019s being delivered to Alberta already have deposits on them.

Old Post 04-26-2017 03:24 AM
roll_over is offline Click Here to See the Profile for roll_over Click here to Send roll_over a Private Message Find more posts by roll_over Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shakalaka
WILSUU2

What I drive: SCUZEM3
Posts/Day: 0.76
Trader Rating: (56)

quote:

I meant eventually when the time comes. Unfortunately not anytime soon .

Old Post 04-26-2017 03:28 AM
shakalaka is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shakalaka Click here to Send shakalaka a Private Message Find more posts by shakalaka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BavarianBeast
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.51
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

I had no idea the G Class held value so well.

It really is a pity that the GM factory isn't in Europe lol... The Z06 is very appealing considering the price tag and specs.

Old Post 04-26-2017 10:37 PM
BavarianBeast is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BavarianBeast Click here to Send BavarianBeast a Private Message Find more posts by BavarianBeast Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KRyn
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.44
Trader Rating: (11)
User Rating: 109%

Re: New Vehicles With Low Depreciation quote:

Originally posted by BavarianBeast
Hello Beyond,

I am on the list this year for the 2018 GT3 and potentially the GT4 RS if it is ever announced. I don't have my hopes up as I understand it is very hard to get an allocation for any GT car.

Do you have a deposit down with a dealership? A good friend is a sales guy at the new Porsche dealership and says he fields calls all day from people wanting to buy a GT3 or get on the wait list. I can't believe how difficult it is. If I recall our conversation correctly I believe their allotment is 6 units? If you did manage to get one you wouldn't lose a penny.

Originally posted by lint
Who the f*ck cares what brand of protein a weak ass sissy takes? Or what exercises a weak ass sissy does?

Originally posted by slinkie
to each haters of "milk" your eating like a b!tch so ur gonna stay a b!tch. eat some cow eat some pizza eat cow in pasta cow in bread cow with cheese drink cow. look at cows there big eat them and ull be to. u are what u eat u wanna eat chicked ull stay being a chicken. u wanna eat string cheese ur gonna be a string cheese. u wanna eat fruit ur ganna be a fruit. Enjoy life.

Old Post 04-26-2017 11:12 PM
KRyn is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KRyn Click here to Send KRyn a Private Message Visit KRyn's homepage! Find more posts by KRyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Buster
First Gear

What I drive: 2012 CTS-V Wagon, 2012 GL350
Posts/Day: 0.13
Trader Rating: (1)

quote:

By definition, if you want a low-depreciating car, then you must buy one that is supply constrained by the dealers, and will be for some time. (Buying the first of a hot new model doesn't count).

So you will always be in the "I can't get allocation" business. That's the idea. Why would an easily available new car hold it's value in the secondary market?

The Ferrari guys basically have a system you have to follow in order to buy a sequence of cars to get into the "club" so you might be considered for a Speciale/Scuderia etc.

Welcome to buying Birkins.

Old Post 04-26-2017 11:52 PM
Buster is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Buster Click here to Send Buster a Private Message Find more posts by Buster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ExtraSlow
Third Gear

What I drive: 2010 Recession Fighter LX
Trader Rating: (27)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

F150 has pretty low depreciation these days. Can't get factory delivery though, let alone in Europe. so

Old Post 04-27-2017 12:02 AM
ExtraSlow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ExtraSlow Click here to Send ExtraSlow a Private Message Find more posts by ExtraSlow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
killramos
Third Gear

quote:

I think BB is on the right track with Porsche, it's basically their culture and even their "mass market" models hold their value. If I had the space for one I would buy a 3-4 year old 911, drive it for a couple years then sell it for the price I paid. One day.

An AMG GT-R would also fit the bill, but same issue with allocations. Maybe even worse so.

fact.

Old Post 04-27-2017 12:06 AM
Skyline_Addict
Third Gear

What I drive: Wannabe Skyline x2, Wannabe 911 GT3
Posts/Day: 0.63
Trader Rating: (17)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Originally posted by killramos
I think BB is on the right track with Porsche, it's basically their culture and even their "mass market" models hold their value. If I had the space for one I would buy a 3-4 year old 911, drive it for a couple years then sell it for the price I paid. One day.

An AMG GT-R would also fit the bill, but same issue with allocations. Maybe even worse so.

Yeah. I bought a used 2012 991.1 C2S earlier this year.

For what I paid, I am confident that it will - at the very least - retain its value for the next couple of years, especially considering it's the last iteration of naturally aspirated 911s we'll see for a while, if ever again.

Porsche owners (particularly 911) are huge on the old-school, traditionalist/purist features of these cars. Just look at the market for 993 or air-cooled 911s, it's absolutely insane haha. I'm not an owner in this category (yet), as I plan to upgrade to a 992 when they come out in 2019.

Last edited by Skyline_Addict on 04-27-2017 at 12:17 AM

Old Post 04-27-2017 12:15 AM
Skyline_Addict is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Skyline_Addict Click here to Send Skyline_Addict a Private Message Find more posts by Skyline_Addict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Buster
First Gear

What I drive: 2012 CTS-V Wagon, 2012 GL350
Posts/Day: 0.13
Trader Rating: (1)

quote:

I think the air-cooled Porsche craze has all the hallmarks of a bubble.

Old Post 04-27-2017 03:22 AM
Buster is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Buster Click here to Send Buster a Private Message Find more posts by Buster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rx7_turbo2
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.22
Trader Rating: (3)

quote:

Originally posted by Buster

As the owner of one I tend to agree. I'm not sure I see the market for aircooled Pcars returning to the levels of even 4 years ago when I bought mine but I do see some pullback coming. Now with that said I've been making that statement for over a year now and every time I hop on Rennlist I'm shocked by the demand. Most of the posts in the air cooled Porsche Facebook groups I subscribed to are of the WTB nature so.......

Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.

Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?

rx7_turbfoags best friend

Toma the homophobe?

Old Post 04-27-2017 04:02 AM
rx7_turbo2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rx7_turbo2 Click here to Send rx7_turbo2 a Private Message Find more posts by rx7_turbo2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ercchry
Fifth Gear

What I drive: E90M3 510 Wagon
Posts/Day: 1.51
Trader Rating: (6)

quote:

Just get this... technically a euro delivery

https://drivetribe.com/p/RBnMlu9cQj...4TiaDYruO95QlYQ

Old Post 04-27-2017 04:33 AM
ercchry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ercchry Click here to Send ercchry a Private Message Visit ercchry's homepage! Find more posts by ercchry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
That.Guy.S30
FKA - Thi_Thi Subs

What I drive: FJC, S30
Trader Rating: (8)

quote:

Originally posted by Buster

I don't think it will. There's so much demand and so little cars left. Although I don't see the price getting any higher.

Old Post 04-27-2017 04:47 AM
That.Guy.S30 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for That.Guy.S30 Click here to Send That.Guy.S30 a Private Message Find more posts by That.Guy.S30 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sugarphreak
Fifth Gear

What I drive: A moving pylon
Posts/Day: 2.08
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 155%

quote:

I am going to guess the new Civic Type-R isn't going to go down in value for like 10 years

Old Post 04-27-2017 04:49 AM
Sugarphreak is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sugarphreak Click here to Send Sugarphreak a Private Message Find more posts by Sugarphreak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
npham
First Gear

What I drive: 2018 Allroad to replace 2011 A3 TDI, MK7 Golf R
Posts/Day: 0.18
Trader Rating: (18)

quote:

I'd also add the new GT2 to your list as well if you are already waiting for allocation. I think it might go straight to GT2 RS as well.

Old Post 04-27-2017 05:03 AM
npham is offline Click Here to See the Profile for npham Click here to Send npham a Private Message Find more posts by npham Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darkane
Second Gear

What I drive: N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6
Trader Rating: (22)

quote:

I don't think the Alfa Romeo quadrifogglio will be going down in price really for the next two years. It has really caught my eye.

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Kim Kardashian Sex tape:

Originally posted by hadookin
nice box... to bad that nigs face is in it

Old Post 04-27-2017 12:17 PM
Darkane is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darkane Click here to Send Darkane a Private Message Find more posts by Darkane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
killramos
Third Gear

quote:

It's a Chrysler, it won't last long enough to depreciate.

fact.

Old Post 04-27-2017 02:29 PM
The time now is 06:06 AM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > General Car/Bike Talk > New Vehicles With Low Depreciation

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: