Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Computers, Consoles, and other Electronics > Asus n66u thread.

Author
Thread
thetransporter
First Gear

What I drive: acura TYPE A
Posts/Day: 0.13
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 99%

Asus n66u thread. quote:

Since many people have this router. I thought i would ask

which dd-wrt firmware do you guys recommend?

last time I had dd-wrt 2.4/5ghz wi-fi was really crippled.. that was 2012-2015

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-30-2017 05:21 AM
thetransporter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thetransporter Click here to Send thetransporter a Private Message Find more posts by thetransporter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Thaco
sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)

What I drive: Rage2
Posts/Day: 0.72
Trader Rating: (30)
User Rating: 90%

quote:

i have the ac66u, running advanced tomato 3.4-138 just installed this FW, was running an old version of tomato on it for about a year, it was perfectly reliable, i only upgraded because my 14 year old needs time/access restrictions and that didnt work on the old FW but works fine now.

Old Post 04-30-2017 05:37 AM
Thaco is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Thaco Click here to Send Thaco a Private Message Find more posts by Thaco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kavy
Second Gear

What I drive: 2013 Ram 1500 / 2016 Cadillac ATS
Posts/Day: 0.27
Trader Rating: (43)
User Rating: 96%

quote:

I use the most current 380.65.4 and haven't had a single issue. Asus Merlin FYI

Used to use tomato but back when i tried it wasn't as simple as downloading and flashing so i moved away from it. Has that changed?

Last edited by Kavy on 04-30-2017 at 06:23 AM

Old Post 04-30-2017 06:14 AM
Kavy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kavy Click here to Send Kavy a Private Message Find more posts by Kavy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thaco

quote:

Originally posted by Kavy
I use the most current 380.65.4 and haven't had a single issue. Asus Merlin FYI

Used to use tomato but back when i tried it wasn't as simple as downloading and flashing so i moved away from it. Has that changed?

yeah its that easy now

Old Post 04-30-2017 06:34 AM
Thaco is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Thaco Click here to Send Thaco a Private Message Find more posts by Thaco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kavy
Second Gear

quote:

^
I just checked it out and noticed It still requires the use of the firmware restoration utility. I like the ease of downloading and flashing like asus merlin gives, If i run into issues i will give it a try but for now my lazy ass will use the 2 minute method of merlin lol.

We are a family of all MacBooks and I don't have a single laptop with a lan port.

Old Post 04-30-2017 04:58 PM
Kavy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kavy Click here to Send Kavy a Private Message Find more posts by Kavy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thaco

quote:

been a long time since i did the original firmware but i am pretty sure i just uploaded it to the firmware upgrade page like any other upgrade.

Old Post 04-30-2017 05:36 PM
benyl
Hayan Namja

What I drive: One from Affalterbach and Dearborn
Posts/Day: 1.64
Trader Rating: (22)
User Rating: 250%

quote:

So I am running 380.65_4 of Merlin.

I noticed a slow down in my downloads where I am only seeing 140 down and 165 up. This is compared to my sig.

When I connect to the TELUS router, I get my sig speeds. Monitoring the cpu, etc I don't see it overheating at all or being over taxed.

Any ideas?

I had QOS running at one point (don't remember turning it on) and when I switched it off, that gave me better stability and more speed.

Old Post 04-30-2017 06:36 PM
benyl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for benyl Click here to Send benyl a Private Message Find more posts by benyl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kavy
Second Gear

quote:

Originally posted by benyl
So I am running 380.65_4 of Merlin.

I noticed a slow down in my downloads where I am only seeing 140 down and 165 up. This is compared to my sig.

When I connect to the TELUS router, I get my sig speeds. Monitoring the cpu, etc I don't see it overheating at all or being over taxed.

Any ideas?

I had QOS running at one point (don't remember turning it on) and when I switched it off, that gave me better stability and more speed.

Thought I would give this a shot since I'm running the same firmware as you.

I was able to get 177 down and 16 up with shaw using my MacBook on my main floor with the router in the utility room a floor below me. I am not seeing a slow down so it could be telus to asus related.

Old Post 05-08-2017 10:45 PM
The time now is 01:39 AM (GMT) Post New Thread   
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Computers, Consoles, and other Electronics > Asus n66u thread.

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: