Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Food and Dining > Clearly Canadian

Author
Thread
firebane
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.57
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 94%

Clearly Canadian quote:

I'm surprised I haven't seen a thread on this yet.. But for anyone feeling nostalgic ... it is back. Not sure for how long but I picked it up at 7-11 yesterday.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-01-2017 05:39 PM
firebane is offline Click Here to See the Profile for firebane Click here to Send firebane a Private Message Find more posts by firebane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

alien

What I drive: Nissans and a Subaru
Posts/Day: 0.01
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Were those sugar free with artifical sweeteners?

Old Post 05-01-2017 05:45 PM
alien is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alien Click here to Send alien a Private Message Find more posts by alien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kloubek
Fourth Gear

What I drive: A vehicle or two
Posts/Day: 1.14
Trader Rating: (35)
User Rating: 96%

quote:

Screw that. Drank one some 20 years ago and found a piece of bark or wood in it. Contacted them and they told me that was impossible, and wanted me to send them the bottle and wood on my own dime.

No thanks.

(Yes, a lot can change in 20 years)

Originally posted by A790 10/10, would let Jeff in my mouth again.

Old Post 05-01-2017 05:48 PM
Kloubek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kloubek Click here to Send Kloubek a Private Message Find more posts by Kloubek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Disoblige
Third Gear

What I drive: '90 Z32, '03 TJ, '15 Grom
Posts/Day: 0.74
Trader Rating: (28)
User Rating: 110%

quote:

Too bad no Orbitz, hahaha.

Old Post 05-01-2017 05:50 PM
Disoblige is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Disoblige Click here to Send Disoblige a Private Message Find more posts by Disoblige Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
roopi
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.31
Trader Rating: (49)
User Rating: 237%

quote:

Originally posted by alien
Were those sugar free with artifical sweeteners?

I think they used cane sugar.

Old Post 05-01-2017 05:53 PM
roopi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for roopi Click here to Send roopi a Private Message Find more posts by roopi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J-hop
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.39
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%

Re: Clearly Canadian quote:

Originally posted by firebane
I'm surprised I haven't seen a thread on this yet.. But for anyone feeling nostalgic ... it is back. Not sure for how long but I picked it up at 7-11 yesterday.

Yo thanks for posting!!!

Forgot about those. Chipping teeth on the glass bottle when your brothers knocked it while you were trying to drink used to be my favourite past time

Going to go pick up a case

Old Post 05-01-2017 10:49 PM
J-hop is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J-hop Click here to Send J-hop a Private Message Find more posts by J-hop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BavarianBeast
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.51
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Orbitz
Haha
Good god, the 90s were fun times.

Old Post 05-01-2017 11:06 PM
BavarianBeast is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BavarianBeast Click here to Send BavarianBeast a Private Message Find more posts by BavarianBeast Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pauly Boy
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.02

quote:

Originally posted by Disoblige
Too bad no Orbitz, hahaha.

Oh, trust me that’s next on the “cash in on Nostalgia” band wagon, lol.

And like Guac Doritos, Crystal Pepsi & the rest of these I will be buying one of each flavour to re-live my childhood, lol.

What I really want is the resurrection of Tahiti Treat though. That stuff was my go to drink as a kid since the pizza place next door used to stock it in the cooler.

Old Post 05-01-2017 11:10 PM
Pauly Boy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pauly Boy Click here to Send Pauly Boy a Private Message Find more posts by Pauly Boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BavarianBeast
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.51
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Didn't tahiti treat become Hawaiian Punch?

Was reintroduced to it back in university with the development of Jungle Juice... Everclear and Hawaiian Punch.. Brilliant combination.

Old Post 05-01-2017 11:14 PM
BavarianBeast is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BavarianBeast Click here to Send BavarianBeast a Private Message Find more posts by BavarianBeast Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stuart

What I drive: 2004 RX8, 1992 Miata, 1996 Spec Miata, 2012 Ram
Posts/Day: 0.05

quote:

Originally posted by Pauly Boy

Oh, trust me that’s next on the “cash in on Nostalgia” band wagon, lol.

And like Guac Doritos, Crystal Pepsi & the rest of these I will be buying one of each flavour to re-live my childhood, lol.

What I really want is the resurrection of Tahiti Treat though. That stuff was my go to drink as a kid since the pizza place next door used to stock it in the cooler.

Vintage Soda Shop in Airdrie tends to have a good supply of Tahiti Treat, it really brought back some memories when I pick some up. http://www.vintagesodacompany.com/

Old Post 05-01-2017 11:41 PM
Stuart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stuart Click here to Send Stuart a Private Message Find more posts by Stuart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ianmcc
First Gear

What I drive: 07 E550, 94 SN95, 00 V6 Focus, 09 Wrangler X
Posts/Day: 0.15
Trader Rating: (12)

quote:

Loved that stuff. Think it used to come in a slurpee as well.

Same applies to stupid.

Old Post 05-02-2017 12:14 AM
ianmcc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ianmcc Click here to Send ianmcc a Private Message Find more posts by ianmcc Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pauly Boy
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.02

quote:

Originally posted by Stuart
Vintage Soda Shop in Airdrie tends to have a good supply of Tahiti Treat

Nice, I'll have to head over there next time I'm at Cross Iron or something. Thanks.

Old Post 05-02-2017 03:19 PM
Pauly Boy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pauly Boy Click here to Send Pauly Boy a Private Message Find more posts by Pauly Boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Twin_Cam_Turbo
Fourth Gear

What I drive: VA WRX, EK Civic
Posts/Day: 1.89
Trader Rating: (8)

quote:

I saw it at 7-11 a few weeks ago. Instant nostalgia/feel trip. One of my earliest memories of cars was being at the auto show with my dad and drinking one of those when we took a break from hours of sitting in cars. I was probably 8 years old.

Old Post 05-02-2017 03:45 PM
Twin_Cam_Turbo is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Twin_Cam_Turbo Click here to Send Twin_Cam_Turbo a Private Message Find more posts by Twin_Cam_Turbo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hallowed_point
Third Gear

What I drive: J35Y2
Posts/Day: 1.26

quote:

I used to love the blackberry/peach Clearly Canadian. I have no such nostalgia for Orbitz. Although I'd probably pick up a bottle if it somehow became available again to remind myself how terrible it was.

Edit: Bridlewood 711 has Clearly in stock!

Last edited by Hallowed_point on 05-02-2017 at 04:05 PM

Old Post 05-02-2017 03:48 PM
Hallowed_point is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hallowed_point Click here to Send Hallowed_point a Private Message Find more posts by Hallowed_point Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Swank
Neutral

What I drive: 2007 Civic Si
Posts/Day: 0.08
Trader Rating: (8)

quote:

Sold out for now, but they regularly get new shipments, might be a more convenient drive for you (Richmond Road and 37th St SW):
https://gummiboutique.ca/collections/beverages

Old Post 05-02-2017 04:07 PM
Swank is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Swank Click here to Send Swank a Private Message Find more posts by Swank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hallowed_point
Third Gear

quote:

Originally posted by Swank
Sold out for now, but they regularly get new shipments, might be a more convenient drive for you (Richmond Road and 37th St SW):

Thanks man.

Old Post 05-02-2017 04:19 PM
Hallowed_point is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hallowed_point Click here to Send Hallowed_point a Private Message Find more posts by Hallowed_point Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
schocker
Fifth Gear

What I drive: Euro Accord Brah
Posts/Day: 1.46

quote:

Originally posted by Swank

That soda store in airdre looks to have it too:
http://www.vintagesodacompany.com/d...treat-case.html
I need to stop by there and get some vanilla coke zero.

Old Post 05-02-2017 06:20 PM
schocker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for schocker Click here to Send schocker a Private Message Visit schocker's homepage! Find more posts by schocker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alien

What I drive: Nissans and a Subaru
Posts/Day: 0.01
Trader Rating: (2)

quote:

There's a candy store on 17th ave SW that also carried Tahiti Treat. If the store is still there.

Old Post 05-04-2017 10:06 PM
alien is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alien Click here to Send alien a Private Message Find more posts by alien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
03ozwhip
Fourth Gear

What I drive: changes every year
Posts/Day: 0.98
Trader Rating: (29)
User Rating: 90%

quote:

FYI I was in Gummi in Kensington and they have Tahiti treat

Old Post 05-04-2017 11:27 PM
03ozwhip is online now Click Here to See the Profile for 03ozwhip Click here to Send 03ozwhip a Private Message Find more posts by 03ozwhip Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hallowed_point
Third Gear

quote:

Damn this Blackberry/Raspberry Clearly Canadian is thirst quenching. Even better than I remembered it being

Old Post 05-05-2017 02:42 PM
The time now is 01:36 AM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Food and Dining > Clearly Canadian

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: