Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > Automotive News > New Tesla Dealership?

Author
Thread
Tik-Tok
Cowboy Hunter

What I drive: Japanese functionality, Swedish style.
Posts/Day: 1.54
Trader Rating: (12)
User Rating: 101%

New Tesla Dealership? quote:

Just noticed the building on Fairmount, just south of Glenmore has a very tall Tesla sign out front. It's been under reno-construction for 1-2 months now.

I guess they're getting big enough here to justify a complete dealership lot/building? Crazy, considering the economy.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-07-2017 03:37 PM
Tik-Tok is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Tik-Tok Click here to Send Tik-Tok a Private Message Find more posts by Tik-Tok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Maxt
Second Gear

What I drive: something green
Posts/Day: 0.31
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

They are apparently developing their support network in major centers. I've heard a horror story of getting body repairs done on a tesla first hand from a tesla owner. The insurance company was having a major issue with the repair work, in terms of being able to get it done locally.
With tesla skipping the test phase of their production tooling, their next model of cars could have a lot of issues that will have to be field fixed.
Bob Lutz has said that could totally sink Tesla, a pretty huge gamble on their part, just to keep the cars cost in check to get larger buy in.

Old Post 05-07-2017 04:01 PM
Maxt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Maxt Click here to Send Maxt a Private Message Visit Maxt's homepage! Find more posts by Maxt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
VWEvo
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.14
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 96%

Re: New Tesla Dealership? quote:

Originally posted by Tik-Tok
Just noticed the building on Fairmount, just south of Glenmore has a very tall Tesla sign out front. It's been under reno-construction for 1-2 months now.

I guess they're getting big enough here to justify a complete dealership lot/building? Crazy, considering the economy.

Yes it will be opening soon. Believe it or not, they are having decent sales here in Calgary. I believe they are selling approximately 30 cars per month. They had an event last week for current owners and they seem to be doing fairly well.

Old Post 05-08-2017 02:45 PM
VWEvo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for VWEvo Click here to Send VWEvo a Private Message Find more posts by VWEvo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
adam c
Second Gear

What I drive: has a turbo
Posts/Day: 0.52
Trader Rating: (6)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

There's a guy in my office building that has one, I swear to god, whenever he drives it to work,. he stands in the parkade for hours waiting for people to talk to him about it

Old Post 05-08-2017 03:02 PM
adam c is offline Click Here to See the Profile for adam c Click here to Send adam c a Private Message Find more posts by adam c Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Xtrema
Sixth Gear

What I drive: 2016 MB C450

Re: New Tesla Dealership? quote:

Originally posted by Tik-Tok

The demographic Tesla serves isn't hurting yet or ever will.

I would think Model 3 would be harder to push in Calgary. Those are the people who rely on jobs to buy one and current S and X would touch them because that may be considered slumming....

Old Post 05-08-2017 03:59 PM
Xtrema is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Xtrema Click here to Send Xtrema a Private Message Find more posts by Xtrema Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Buster
First Gear

What I drive: 2012 CTS-V Wagon, 2012 GL350
Posts/Day: 0.13
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

Originally posted by Maxt
They are apparently developing their support network in major centers. I've heard a horror story of getting body repairs done on a tesla first hand from a tesla owner. The insurance company was having a major issue with the repair work, in terms of being able to get it done locally.
With tesla skipping the test phase of their production tooling, their next model of cars could have a lot of issues that will have to be field fixed.
Bob Lutz has said that could totally sink Tesla, a pretty huge gamble on their part, just to keep the cars cost in check to get larger buy in.

They're just iphones with wheels instead of headphone jacks, and an interior.

Old Post 05-08-2017 04:20 PM
Buster is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Buster Click here to Send Buster a Private Message Find more posts by Buster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
flipstah
The Gimp

What I drive: exploded.
Posts/Day: 1.96
Trader Rating: (13)
User Rating: 102%

quote:

Originally posted by Maxt

Not being able to repair locally is tricky, so that's good if they're able to resolve that issue.

It's like when F150 first came out with the aluminum body.

New tools, new training... Yeesh.

Old Post 05-08-2017 04:57 PM
flipstah is offline Click Here to See the Profile for flipstah Click here to Send flipstah a Private Message Visit flipstah's homepage! Find more posts by flipstah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
killramos
Third Gear

What I drive: C63S
Posts/Day: 1.12
Trader Rating: (2)

quote:

I heard that you can't even service an i8 at the dealer in Calgary, though apparently Calgary is being added to the list of BMW i sales areas so that will change soon ( meaning you can also get an i3 soon )

Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.

Originally posted by Toma
fact.

Old Post 05-08-2017 05:00 PM
killramos is online now Click Here to See the Profile for killramos Click here to Send killramos a Private Message Find more posts by killramos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rage2

What I drive: Ricer SUV, Lexus Coupe in Mid Life Crisis Orange
Posts/Day: 1.11
Trader Rating: (25)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Contemporary is Tesla certified for bodywork in Calgary. That problem has been solved. The bigger problem is the shortage in spare parts, as well as unique parts that's causing repair delays.

Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Old Post 05-08-2017 05:34 PM
rage2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rage2 Click here to Send rage2 a Private Message Visit rage2's homepage! Find more posts by rage2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Xtrema
Sixth Gear

quote:

Originally posted by killramos
though apparently Calgary is being added to the list of BMW i sales areas so that will change soon ( meaning you can also get an i3 soon )

Although other than the badge, I don't think there is a lot going for the i3 in the EV world.

Old Post 05-08-2017 06:47 PM
Xtrema is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Xtrema Click here to Send Xtrema a Private Message Find more posts by Xtrema Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
VWEvo
First Gear

What I drive:

quote:

Originally posted by adam c
There's a guy in my office building that has one, I swear to god, whenever he drives it to work,. he stands in the parkade for hours waiting for people to talk to him about it

That does sound like a lot of Tesla owners. I went to my first event last week, and most of them as super friendly, passionate car guys. They absolutely love talking about the car since its so different. But surprisingly or maybe not so surprisingly, a lot of them were pretty big ICE gear heads and were pretty involved in the car scene here in Calgary.

My wife gets approached all the time, at first she doesn't mind but now she finds it kinda annoying as she usually has our kids and need to be somewhere all the time.

Old Post 05-08-2017 06:55 PM
VWEvo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for VWEvo Click here to Send VWEvo a Private Message Find more posts by VWEvo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
VWEvo
First Gear

What I drive:

Re: Re: New Tesla Dealership? quote:

Originally posted by Xtrema

The demographic Tesla serves isn't hurting yet or ever will.

I would think Model 3 would be harder to push in Calgary. Those are the people who rely on jobs to buy one and current S and X would touch them because that may be considered slumming....

Actually that couldn't be further from the truth. EVERY SINGLE tesla owner i know has a deposit on the model 3.

Old Post 05-08-2017 06:56 PM
killramos
Third Gear

Re: Re: Re: New Tesla Dealership? quote:

Originally posted by VWEvo

Actually that couldn't be further from the truth. EVERY SINGLE tesla owner i know has a deposit on the model 3.

I think you are just proving his point.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.

fact.

Old Post 05-08-2017 07:47 PM
killramos is online now Click Here to See the Profile for killramos Click here to Send killramos a Private Message Find more posts by killramos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sugarphreak
Fifth Gear

What I drive: A moving pylon
Posts/Day: 2.08
User Rating: 155%

quote:

Originally posted by Xtrema
Although other than the badge, I don't think there is a lot going for the i3 in the EV world.

There is a girl in my building that has one, she always turns at the street I cross right as I am leaving. It totally sounds like something out of the Jetsons when it wirrrs away haha. Tesla's are dead silent in comparison.

I don't hate them, they are sure better looking than the model 3.

There are so many damn model 3's in Vancouver... the front looks utterly retarded, and the gull wing doors are just silly. The looks of the model S at least can be debated, I don't like it, but with that said it isn't the worst styling. The model 3 on the other hand is just awful.

In general there is a stupid amount of Tesla vehicles in Van... I get the feeling a lot of the owners were all excited to own something cool, but they don't really stand out, and there are so many now, they are all unhappy because they don't get noticed anymore. Aside from saving a few bucks on gas now they have the stylistic equivalent of 100K Toyota Corolla.

Old Post 05-08-2017 08:29 PM
Sugarphreak is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sugarphreak Click here to Send Sugarphreak a Private Message Find more posts by Sugarphreak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
killramos
Third Gear

quote:

Dude the model 3 is not even out yet

fact.

Old Post 05-08-2017 08:49 PM
Tik-Tok
Cowboy Hunter

What I drive: Japanese functionality, Swedish style.
Trader Rating: (12)

quote:

Old Post 05-08-2017 08:55 PM
Tik-Tok is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Tik-Tok Click here to Send Tik-Tok a Private Message Find more posts by Tik-Tok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
killramos
Third Gear

quote:

I think means the Model X actually, which is truly an awfully ugly car.

fact.

Old Post 05-08-2017 08:56 PM
Sugarphreak
Fifth Gear

What I drive: A moving pylon
Posts/Day: 2.08
User Rating: 155%

quote:

The ghey SUV style one with gull wing doors and no grill... whatever it is

Old Post 05-08-2017 08:57 PM
Sugarphreak is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sugarphreak Click here to Send Sugarphreak a Private Message Find more posts by Sugarphreak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Xtrema
Sixth Gear

quote:

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
The ghey SUV style one with gull wing doors and no grill... whatever it is

That's the X.

Model 3 is coming in July if they keep their promise.

Originally posted by VWEvo

Which is half validating my argument that Model S owners are loaded.

Their brand has not been diluted yet but I expect it to with Model 3.

Last edited by Xtrema on 05-08-2017 at 09:05 PM

Old Post 05-08-2017 09:02 PM
dr_jared88
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.12
Trader Rating: (3)

quote:

Originally posted by Buster

They're just iphones with wheels instead of headphone jacks, and an interior.

So if the wheels are the equivalent to the headphone jack on the iPhone, is it safe to assume that the next generation Tesla won't have wheels anymore?

Old Post 05-08-2017 09:19 PM
dr_jared88 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dr_jared88 Click here to Send dr_jared88 a Private Message Find more posts by dr_jared88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 04:16 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > Automotive News > New Tesla Dealership?

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: