Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > General Car/Bike Talk > Allmakers Auto Repairs

Author
Thread
Konj
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.03
Trader Rating: (7)
User Rating: 94%

Allmakers Auto Repairs quote:

Allmakers Auto repairs is located at 224-41 Avenue NE, Calgary AB.

I am thinking of taking my Subaru there for maintenance. Has anyone used this shop before and what was their experience like? Any feedback would be great.

Did a beyond search nothing popped up.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-09-2017 10:40 PM
Konj is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Konj Click here to Send Konj a Private Message Find more posts by Konj Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Sorath
REAL Pedophile

What I drive: VANS AND MORE VANS
Posts/Day: 0.71
Trader Rating: (52)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

heard good and bad things about them from different people. I would personally go see Jackie Tong @ Balance Auto Garage as he works on subarus very often, ive also never heard anything negative and he is not far from all makes and likely cheaper.

Originally posted by C_Dave45
I walked into one the other day, at 11:15 and she says "sorry, it's past 11". I said, "but the eggs are RIGHT THERE....in THAT door. You either grab me an egg, or you grab me a piece of turkey....what's the difference??". She still said "Sorry". WTF??

So I ordered the most disgusting tasting 12" sub, and at the end, said "Actually, I changed my mind. I'm going to head to the Subway down the road. They serve the breakfast sandwich all day long. Tell your boss, he can have this sandwich. Thanks anyways".

karmas gonna bite you in the ass

Old Post 05-09-2017 11:13 PM
Sorath is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sorath Click here to Send Sorath a Private Message Find more posts by Sorath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
max_boost
Beyond Bully

What I drive: nothing special :(
Posts/Day: 1.79
Trader Rating: (31)
User Rating: 123%

quote:

Even my parents go to Balance Auto so they definitely do everything from all the specialty stuff to mom and pop vehicles.

Old Post 05-09-2017 11:24 PM
max_boost is offline Click Here to See the Profile for max_boost Click here to Send max_boost a Private Message Find more posts by max_boost Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darell_n
First Gear

What I drive: '14 Dodge Crew Cab, '08 WRX
Posts/Day: 0.33
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

I've used Allmakes a few times and had good service.

Old Post 05-10-2017 02:43 AM
Darell_n is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darell_n Click here to Send Darell_n a Private Message Visit Darell_n's homepage! Find more posts by Darell_n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
r3ccOs
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.34
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 96%

quote:

Originally posted by max_boost
Even my parents go to Balance Auto so they definitely do everything from all the specialty stuff to mom and pop vehicles.

same

Old Post 05-10-2017 03:17 AM
r3ccOs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for r3ccOs Click here to Send r3ccOs a Private Message Find more posts by r3ccOs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tik-Tok
Cowboy Hunter

What I drive: Japanese functionality, Swedish style.
Posts/Day: 1.54
Trader Rating: (12)
User Rating: 101%

Re: Allmakers Auto Repairs quote:

Originally posted by Konj
Allmakers Auto repairs is located at 224-41 Avenue NE, Calgary AB.

I am thinking of taking my Subaru there for maintenance. Has anyone used this shop before and what was their experience like? Any feedback would be great.

Did a beyond search nothing popped up.

Try searching with the proper name?

http://forums.beyond.ca/search.php?...rder=descending

Old Post 05-10-2017 03:18 AM
Tik-Tok is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tik-Tok Click here to Send Tik-Tok a Private Message Find more posts by Tik-Tok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pacman
First Gear

What I drive: Subaru Outback
Posts/Day: 0.14
Trader Rating: (27)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

I've been going to All Makes Auto for 3 years as I have 2 Subaru Outback's.

On both cars, I've had the timing belts replaced, front/rear brakes, and fluids replaced (CVT Transmission, front and rear diff etc).

I was happy with quality of work and service. I can't comment on how their price compares to other independent shops as I didn't really shop around.

I suspect, with independent shops, that the service prices can also depend on the quality of the aftermarket parts they are using. I have no clue which parts All Makes uses and where they fall on the hierarchy scale. I do know they would only use the Subaru timing belt kit and wouldn't use any of the aftermarket brands (like Gates, who makes the kit for Subaru) but that's probably different for parts like brakes etc.

Out of curiosity, is Jackie Tong at Balance the same "Jackie" that used to work at Zero Limit? He worked on my S2000 a few years ago and I was really happy with him. Nice to know there is another option that specializes in Subaru vehicles.

Old Post 05-10-2017 05:54 PM
Pacman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pacman Click here to Send Pacman a Private Message Find more posts by Pacman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
G-ZUS
Fourth Gear

What I drive: Blue boy
Posts/Day: 1.22
Trader Rating: (124)
User Rating: 103%

quote:

Originally posted by Pacman
Out of curiosity, is Jackie Tong at Balance the same "Jackie" that used to work at Zero Limit? He worked on my S2000 a few years ago and I was really happy with him. Nice to know there is another option that specializes in Subaru vehicles.

Jackie moved from Zerolimit to Balance

Old Post 05-10-2017 06:02 PM
G-ZUS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for G-ZUS Click here to Send G-ZUS a Private Message Find more posts by G-ZUS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 06:05 AM (GMT) Post New Thread   
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > General Car/Bike Talk > Allmakers Auto Repairs

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: