Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Society / Law / Current Events / Politics > BC Election Tonight

Author
Thread
Sugarphreak
Fifth Gear

What I drive: A moving pylon
Posts/Day: 2.08
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 155%

BC Election Tonight quote:

Not that it impacts the majority of Beyonders, but anybody paying attention to this election?

Basically the two main parties are the Liberals and NDP, with a statistical tie in the polls right now. The Green party is the only other party in this race, and they are a lot stronger than anybody excepted.

Liberals are being led by Christy Clark, they are pro business (low corperate tax, low middle class tax, and minimal investment in social services)

NDP is led by John Horgan, who has notable anger problems, and he is pro-union, pro-environment, and pro-business... pro and anti everything really. Basically he flip flops on his stance depending on who he is talking to. They have no plan, and when asked about their plan... their plan is to make a plan once they get into power (seriously). Their entire campaign this time around is based on being better than the liberals.

Green party: Still loony-bin ideas, but the leader is really well spoken and can convey ideas very concisely. He cleaned up at the debate and made Horgan look like a complete idiot. I actually had a hard time disagreeing with him when he explains the party ideas.... which is scary given how strongly I disagree with their party ideas. Easily the smartest leader, but still a bat shit crazy party. I almost want to see them get into power because I know they will intentionally crash the housing market.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-10-2017 01:02 AM
Sugarphreak is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sugarphreak Click here to Send Sugarphreak a Private Message Find more posts by Sugarphreak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

revelations
Third Gear

What I drive: 2g Eclipse / EP3
Posts/Day: 0.99
Trader Rating: (5)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Based on my impressions it really is a lose/lose situation in BC. The NDP are clowns (esp in BC) and the liberals are arrogant, elitist corporate lackeys.

What is needed (again) is a centrist party.

Old Post 05-10-2017 01:10 AM
revelations is offline Click Here to See the Profile for revelations Click here to Send revelations a Private Message Find more posts by revelations Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
phreezee
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.24
Trader Rating: (8)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

So the NDP or the Liberals will win:

B.C. government before and after election:

Old Post 05-10-2017 01:51 AM
phreezee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for phreezee Click here to Send phreezee a Private Message Find more posts by phreezee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
speedog
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.66
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 104%

quote:

Originally posted by revelations
Based on my impressions it really is a lose/lose situation in BC. The NDP are clowns (esp in BC) and the liberals are arrogant, elitist corporate lackeys.

What is needed (again) is a centrist party.

In British Columbia?

Surely you jest.

Old Post 05-10-2017 03:39 AM
speedog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for speedog Click here to Send speedog a Private Message Find more posts by speedog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sugarphreak
Fifth Gear

quote:

Results are coming in, looks like the Liberals might take it

Leading or Elected Ridings:

UPDATED:

Liberals: 45
NDP: 37
Green: 1

(44 is majority)

Last edited by Sugarphreak on 05-10-2017 at 05:01 AM

Old Post 05-10-2017 04:45 AM
Sugarphreak is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sugarphreak Click here to Send Sugarphreak a Private Message Find more posts by Sugarphreak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ickyflex

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.13
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Too close for comfort

Old Post 05-10-2017 05:06 AM
ickyflex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ickyflex Click here to Send ickyflex a Private Message Find more posts by ickyflex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ickyflex

What I drive:

quote:

Green
0 Won
1 Lead

Liberal
23 Won
19 Lead

NDP
9 Won
31 Lead

Edit: Tied as we speak

Old Post 05-10-2017 05:09 AM
ickyflex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ickyflex Click here to Send ickyflex a Private Message Find more posts by ickyflex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HiTempguy1
Second Gear

What I drive: 1995 WRX STi
Posts/Day: 0.28
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

Holy shit, nail biter at the moment :o

Only time I could remotely pray for the Liberals to get in.

Old Post 05-10-2017 05:12 AM
HiTempguy1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HiTempguy1 Click here to Send HiTempguy1 a Private Message Find more posts by HiTempguy1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ickyflex

What I drive:

quote:

Oh God NDP leading... Please Oh god lol

Old Post 05-10-2017 05:16 AM
Sugarphreak
Fifth Gear

quote:

FUUUUUUU

NDP just took the lead with 43 to 42 for Liberal

Old Post 05-10-2017 05:16 AM
Buster
First Gear

What I drive: 2012 CTS-V Wagon, 2012 GL350
User Rating: 97%

quote:

Didn't they say that the NDP would take most of the late-reporting ridings?

Old Post 05-10-2017 05:21 AM
Buster is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Buster Click here to Send Buster a Private Message Find more posts by Buster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HiTempguy1
Second Gear

What I drive: 1995 WRX STi
Posts/Day: 0.28
User Rating: 95%

quote:

Libs lead on Macleans website by 3, where are people getting their info?

Edit - NM, it appears to be flip flopping all the time. Just as bad as NDP getting majority would be a Liberal minority.

Old Post 05-10-2017 05:29 AM
HiTempguy1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HiTempguy1 Click here to Send HiTempguy1 a Private Message Find more posts by HiTempguy1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
16hypen3sp
First Gear

What I drive: '14 CBR 1000RR, '15 Victory Highball, '14 Ram 1500
Posts/Day: 0.58

quote:

Better start praying boys. Where Sugarphreak goes, the NDP follow. haha

07 CBR 600RR-Sold
11 Honda Fury-Sold
14 CBR 1000RR-Current
14 Ram 1500-Current
14 Optima LX-Current
15 Victory Highball-Current

Old Post 05-10-2017 05:40 AM
16hypen3sp is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 16hypen3sp Click here to Send 16hypen3sp a Private Message Find more posts by 16hypen3sp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sugarphreak
Fifth Gear

quote:

I've had to flee NDP provinces twice now, I thought BC learned their lesson about the NDP, I guess not... idiots.

So right now it is looking like an NDP minority with the green party holding the balance of power

Hard to imagine what that is going to look like if it sticks

EDIT: Actually the Green party could put either party in power, so basically whomever plays ball with them gets to be the next government

Old Post 05-10-2017 05:45 AM
16hypen3sp
First Gear

quote:

Premier Notley must be shitting bricks right now.

07 CBR 600RR-Sold
11 Honda Fury-Sold
14 CBR 1000RR-Current
14 Ram 1500-Current
14 Optima LX-Current

Old Post 05-10-2017 05:52 AM
16hypen3sp is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 16hypen3sp Click here to Send 16hypen3sp a Private Message Find more posts by 16hypen3sp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sugarphreak
Fifth Gear

quote:

Originally posted by 16hypen3sp
Premier Notley must be shitting bricks right now.

I doubt it, the NDP leader here publicly slammed Notely for being anti-environment. They also plant to kill the pipeline immediately, so Notely probably doesn't want to see them get in with a majority.

So Liberals have a minority right now, but the NDP and Green party could form a majority government together. Even if that happens, the speaker will still recognize the Liberal as the acting premier unless she gives it up. It is a super weird thing that can happen in our government.

Old Post 05-10-2017 05:58 AM
16hypen3sp
First Gear

quote:

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

I doubt it, the NDP leader here publicly slammed Notely for being anti-environment. They also plant to kill the pipeline immediately, so Notely probably doesn't want to see them get in with a majority.

Well, if the Clark wins, do they NDP/Greens (teamed up) still have a way to take on TransMountain?

07 CBR 600RR-Sold
11 Honda Fury-Sold
14 CBR 1000RR-Current
14 Ram 1500-Current
14 Optima LX-Current

Old Post 05-10-2017 06:04 AM
Sugarphreak
Fifth Gear

quote:

Originally posted by 16hypen3sp

Well, if the Clark wins, do they NDP/Greens (teamed up) still have a way to take on TransMountain?

Depends... if Clark gives them something else they really want in exchange. Although I can't ever see the Greens supporting the pipeline no matter what

WTF is this crap... a tie?

Liberal: 42
NDP: 42
Green: 3

Old Post 05-10-2017 06:12 AM
ickyflex

What I drive:

quote:

Back to 43 Oh man come on liberals

Old Post 05-10-2017 06:15 AM
16hypen3sp
First Gear

quote:

In the event of a tie, I'm hearing that the Green leader gets to choose the Premier...?

07 CBR 600RR-Sold
11 Honda Fury-Sold
14 CBR 1000RR-Current
14 Ram 1500-Current
14 Optima LX-Current

Old Post 05-10-2017 06:22 AM
The time now is 04:08 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Society / Law / Current Events / Politics > BC Election Tonight

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: