Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Fashion and Luxury > Good hair salon in Calgary

Author
Thread
Typical_Chinese

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.08
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%

Good hair salon in Calgary quote:

Hello everyone, was hoping to get a suggestion for a good hair salon in Calgary, preferably in the NW, or C-train accessible, and good with Asian hairstyles.

I used to go to the one inside Dragon City mall, but the lady there moved to the Marlborough TnT a year or two ago, and since then I've just been getting my hair cut at random places around town.

I've heard good things about Hair City and Artistic Look in Chinatown, as well as Karma Hair Salon in Brentwood.

Thanks everyone!

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-10-2017 05:56 PM
Typical_Chinese is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Typical_Chinese Click here to Send Typical_Chinese a Private Message Find more posts by Typical_Chinese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

G-ZUS
Fourth Gear

What I drive: Blue boy
Posts/Day: 1.22
Trader Rating: (124)
User Rating: 103%

quote:

Diva hair - Sunridge Mall

Old Post 05-10-2017 06:01 PM
G-ZUS is online now Click Here to See the Profile for G-ZUS Click here to Send G-ZUS a Private Message Find more posts by G-ZUS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hallowed_point
Third Gear

What I drive: J35Y2
Posts/Day: 1.26
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Be a man and go to a barber.

37th Street Barber Shop
Calgary, AB
(403) 719-0208
Open until 6:30 PM

Old Post 05-10-2017 06:20 PM
Hallowed_point is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Hallowed_point Click here to Send Hallowed_point a Private Message Find more posts by Hallowed_point Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Typical_Chinese

What I drive:

quote:

Ah, never really thought about the chain stores like Diva/Angles, etc. but they have good reviews on Google!

And what exactly is the difference between a barber and a hair stylist? I was checking out Best of Seven or something like that in Bow Valley Square, apparently a lot of people like them and their prices are cheaper than a hairstylist.

Old Post 05-10-2017 06:27 PM
Typical_Chinese is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Typical_Chinese Click here to Send Typical_Chinese a Private Message Find more posts by Typical_Chinese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hallowed_point
Third Gear

quote:

A good barber can still cut medium length hair. They don't just do buzzcuts unless you make the mistake of visiting a great clips. How long is your hair would be my first question. I mean, if you've got really long hair a hair stylist is where to go. I personally prefer the atmosphere of a good barber. Hairstylists (from my experience) really struggle with clipper cuts such as fades. I mean, they will do it but it won't look nearly as crisp as good barber who will straight razor around your neckline and so forth.

Old Post 05-10-2017 06:39 PM
Hallowed_point is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Hallowed_point Click here to Send Hallowed_point a Private Message Find more posts by Hallowed_point Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HomespunLobster
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.15
Trader Rating: (3)

quote:

Any recommendations of a dude with long hair? I was going to stop by tommygun but wondering if I should go elsewhere

Old Post 05-10-2017 06:45 PM
HomespunLobster is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HomespunLobster Click here to Send HomespunLobster a Private Message Find more posts by HomespunLobster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BavarianBeast
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.51
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Originally posted by Typical_Chinese
Ah, never really thought about the chain stores like Diva/Angles, etc. but they have good reviews on Google!

And what exactly is the difference between a barber and a hair stylist? I was checking out Best of Seven or something like that in Bow Valley Square, apparently a lot of people like them and their prices are cheaper than a hairstylist.

Hair Stylists/Salons are for queers and pretty boys.

Barbers are for men..

Is that still PC?

With that said, give Moe a shout at Avenue Barbers. Great place to go for a cut.

Old Post 05-10-2017 06:57 PM
BavarianBeast is online now Click Here to See the Profile for BavarianBeast Click here to Send BavarianBeast a Private Message Find more posts by BavarianBeast Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
speedog
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.66
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 104%

quote:

Originally posted by BavarianBeast

Barbers are for men..

Is that still PC?

With that said, give Moe a shout at Avenue Barbers. Great place to go for a cut.

Well, a queer I am not and I am also no where near being a pretty boy and yet I have used salons for over 40 years.

I dunno, maybe I have been in the closet all along.

Old Post 05-10-2017 07:31 PM
speedog is online now Click Here to See the Profile for speedog Click here to Send speedog a Private Message Find more posts by speedog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
max_boost
Beyond Bully

What I drive: nothing special :(
Posts/Day: 1.79
Trader Rating: (31)
User Rating: 123%

quote:

Cheryl at Xpressions on Center Street a few doors down from Sweet Tooth Chinatown. Been going to here for almost a decade now. $20 for cut/wash+ tip. If it's Ying washing the hair she does a great job with a little scalp massage at the same time.

Old Post 05-10-2017 08:42 PM
max_boost is offline Click Here to See the Profile for max_boost Click here to Send max_boost a Private Message Find more posts by max_boost Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jabjab
Neutral

What I drive: TT
Posts/Day: 0.18
User Rating: 95%

quote:

Velvet Style by Dairy Lane

Old Post 05-10-2017 08:51 PM
jabjab is online now Click Here to See the Profile for jabjab Click here to Send jabjab a Private Message Find more posts by jabjab Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cjblair
Second Gear

What I drive: Jap V8
Posts/Day: 0.53
Trader Rating: (5)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

Originally posted by BavarianBeast

Barbers are for men..

Is that still PC?

Barbers are for guys that all want the same generic men's haircut (or a good shave). I've been to a number of them over the years, and while the experience is miles better than a salon, the haircuts aren't.

I'd much rather hang out with the queers and pretty boys at the salon and have a haircut that I like.

Old Post 05-10-2017 10:49 PM
cjblair is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cjblair Click here to Send cjblair a Private Message Find more posts by cjblair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
riander5
First Gear

What I drive: Lexus IS250
Posts/Day: 0.14

quote:

Everyone on this thread calling out or defending their hair stylists must post a picture of their hair so we can see if you should be talking haha

Old Post 05-10-2017 11:28 PM
riander5 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for riander5 Click here to Send riander5 a Private Message Find more posts by riander5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
killramos
Third Gear

What I drive: C63S
Posts/Day: 1.12
Trader Rating: (2)

quote:

This is almost as funny as the beard thread.

Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.

Originally posted by Toma
fact.

Old Post 05-10-2017 11:51 PM
killramos is online now Click Here to See the Profile for killramos Click here to Send killramos a Private Message Find more posts by killramos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
03ozwhip
Fourth Gear

What I drive: changes every year
Posts/Day: 0.98
Trader Rating: (29)
User Rating: 90%

quote:

I love making fun of my buddies for their choice in hair styles, it's just a thing guys do. the same with where they go for their haircuts, it's all in fun.

I personally go where I get a good haircut, where I live, it just so happens to be a barber.

Old Post 05-11-2017 12:05 AM
03ozwhip is online now Click Here to See the Profile for 03ozwhip Click here to Send 03ozwhip a Private Message Find more posts by 03ozwhip Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
A790
PC Principal

What I drive: A future rustbucket.
Posts/Day: 1.31
Trader Rating: (68)
User Rating: 103%

quote:

I recommend Julie @ Hedkandi downtown. They're a great salon that puts a lot of pride into what they do.

Internet Marketing Solutions for Small Businesses & Niche Content Websites.

No contracts, just results. Websites, SEO, PPC, Content Creation. SEO & Marketing Solutions by SimplifiedSEO.com

Old Post 05-11-2017 12:13 AM
A790 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for A790 Click here to Send A790 a Private Message Find more posts by A790 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
know1edge
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.19
Trader Rating: (18)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

Originally posted by Typical_Chinese

Salons = longer hair, things like layers and perms and shit.

Barbers = short hair

Old Post 05-11-2017 12:25 AM
know1edge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for know1edge Click here to Send know1edge a Private Message Find more posts by know1edge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hallowed_point
Third Gear

quote:

Originally posted by know1edge

Salons = longer hair, things like layers and perms and shit.

Barbers = short hair

Old Post 05-11-2017 02:48 PM
BavarianBeast
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.51

quote:

Originally posted by 03ozwhip
I love making fun of my buddies for their choice in hair styles, it's just a thing guys do. the same with where they go for their haircuts, it's all in fun.

I personally go where I get a good haircut, where I live, it just so happens to be a barber.

It is all in fun.

I went to Logix Salon before Moe left and opened up his own place. I guess that makes me either queer or a pretty boy.

Old Post 05-11-2017 03:42 PM
BavarianBeast is online now Click Here to See the Profile for BavarianBeast Click here to Send BavarianBeast a Private Message Find more posts by BavarianBeast Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hallowed_point
Third Gear

quote:

What kind of haircut do you want OP? Because the answer totally depends on what you're going for. I'll say this much, Lebanese barbers are probably your best bet in this city. From my experience, they take a lot of pride in the cut and you look fresh afterwards. If you're after a scissor/layering haircut = salon. If you want a clipper cut/fade = barber.

Old Post 05-11-2017 04:20 PM
Typical_Chinese

What I drive:

quote:

Sorry for the late reply, and thank you so much everyone for your recommendations.

My hair right now is pretty hideous, I have that ugly mushroom/Chinaman's hat if I don't style it, and my sideburns and the back are decently long but it seems like my top/front hasn't grown much, so it's a bit hard to do a combover or gel it back, so I end up just wearing a hat.

The cuts I usually get look pretty nice on me for the first month, but because I'm cheap I go 2-3 months without getting a cut and it starts to go downhill from there.

I agree with your point of Lebanese barbers, they give a very clean cut and the one I go to takes pictures of everyone for their shop's instagram afterwards. Currently I wouldn't mind going back at all, but I would like a bit longer of a hairstyle, one of those typical Korean combover styles haha! Looking to maybe find a picture or two on Google Images and show them it, and then have them tell me if it'll work for my head-shape, if so how I would blowdry it/style it, and if not what they would recommend, which is sort of why I thought a salon was more appropriate!

Thank you everyone for their recommendations, will probably call some of them up and just see who has a free slot at a time I don't have to work!

Old Post 05-11-2017 05:28 PM
The time now is 07:58 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Fashion and Luxury > Good hair salon in Calgary

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: