Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Real Estate / Finance > Is this reasonable wear and tear?

Author
Thread
whiteout

What I drive: Modded junk
Posts/Day: 0.01
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%

Is this reasonable wear and tear? quote:

Currently have a roommate who up until a couple of months ago had a cat. Said cat decided to use the concrete in the basement as a littler box and it currently stinks, airing the basement out doesn't fix it.

Pulled the lower level of insulation and it appears that it seeped below the bottom plate of the framing, which can't be cleaned or sealed. This means the smell will keep coming back.

I don't think that this is covered under normal wear and tear, and that they should be responsible for fixing the issue in it's entirety (including under the framing). Am I out to lunch here?

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-10-2017 11:58 PM
whiteout is offline Click Here to See the Profile for whiteout Click here to Send whiteout a Private Message Find more posts by whiteout Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

killramos
Third Gear

What I drive: C63S
Posts/Day: 1.12
Trader Rating: (2)

quote:

Cat piss is not wear and tear, renting 101

Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.

Originally posted by Toma
fact.

Old Post 05-11-2017 12:01 AM
killramos is offline Click Here to See the Profile for killramos Click here to Send killramos a Private Message Find more posts by killramos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
03ozwhip
Fourth Gear

What I drive: changes every year
Posts/Day: 0.98
Trader Rating: (29)
User Rating: 90%

quote:

good luck. I've been through this and maybe worse with room mates and unless this person is very willing to do something for you, be prepared to lose this person as a friend and not get anything out of it.

to answer your question, it's more than acceptable to ask for them to repair it, just don't expect that it will happen. (hopefully it does)

Old Post 05-11-2017 12:01 AM
03ozwhip is online now Click Here to See the Profile for 03ozwhip Click here to Send 03ozwhip a Private Message Find more posts by 03ozwhip Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
max_boost
Beyond Bully

What I drive: nothing special :(
Posts/Day: 1.79
Trader Rating: (31)
User Rating: 123%

quote:

Originally posted by 03ozwhip
good luck. I've been through this and maybe worse with room mates and unless this person is very willing to do something for you, be prepared to lose this person as a friend and not get anything out of it.

to answer your question, it's more than acceptable to ask for them to repair it, just don't expect that it will happen. (hopefully it does)

pretty much....

the question is, how much to fix? seems like a lot of work?

Old Post 05-11-2017 01:08 AM
max_boost is offline Click Here to See the Profile for max_boost Click here to Send max_boost a Private Message Find more posts by max_boost Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Xtrema
Sixth Gear

What I drive: 2016 MB C450
Posts/Day: 1.54
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

Originally posted by 03ozwhip

This.

All pets will do some damages to a degree. I hope you considered that when you picked your roommate.

Old Post 05-11-2017 05:06 AM
Xtrema is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Xtrema Click here to Send Xtrema a Private Message Find more posts by Xtrema Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J-hop
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.39

quote:

Originally posted by Xtrema

This.

All pets will do some damages to a degree. I hope you considered that when you picked your roommate.

I agree with this but only for cosmetic damages.

Old Post 05-11-2017 05:13 AM
J-hop is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J-hop Click here to Send J-hop a Private Message Find more posts by J-hop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rx7boi
Neutral

What I drive: (0^oo^0)~
Posts/Day: 0.07
Trader Rating: (6)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

If you have a cat that isn't litter trained, you're doing something wrong.

Old Post 05-11-2017 05:47 AM
rx7boi is online now Click Here to See the Profile for rx7boi Click here to Send rx7boi a Private Message Find more posts by rx7boi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The_Rural_Juror
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.37
Trader Rating: (9)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Fur f sake. You should ask him to get a quote on the repairs right meow. I can't imagine living with the smell of a meowtain of poop.

Old Post 05-11-2017 06:37 AM
The_Rural_Juror is offline Click Here to See the Profile for The_Rural_Juror Click here to Send The_Rural_Juror a Private Message Find more posts by The_Rural_Juror Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
riander5
First Gear

What I drive: Lexus IS250
Posts/Day: 0.14

quote:

Your friend is a fucking scab

Old Post 05-11-2017 06:47 AM
riander5 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for riander5 Click here to Send riander5 a Private Message Find more posts by riander5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ercchry
Fifth Gear

What I drive: E90M3 510 Wagon
Posts/Day: 1.51

quote:

So many non-cat owners in here... cats are fucked, even good cats that use litter will piss in other places if feeling ill

You already let a cat in the house, the mess has been made, use google... find something that neutralizes cat piss and pour it on the affected area! Done!

Thank god it's an unfinished basement and not a hidden area of carpet and move on with your life

Old Post 05-11-2017 06:58 AM
ercchry is online now Click Here to See the Profile for ercchry Click here to Send ercchry a Private Message Visit ercchry's homepage! Find more posts by ercchry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
you&me
First Gear

What I drive: A Gallardo from SDS (hahahaha)
Posts/Day: 0.12

quote:

Originally posted by ercchry
So many non-cat owners in here...

Uh, yeah... Isn't Beyond like 99% male posters?

Old Post 05-11-2017 01:26 PM
you&me is offline Click Here to See the Profile for you&me Click here to Send you&me a Private Message Find more posts by you&me Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ercchry
Fifth Gear

What I drive: E90M3 510 Wagon
Posts/Day: 1.51

quote:

Originally posted by you&me

And 98% of them are forever alone without a female in the house

Old Post 05-11-2017 06:51 PM
ercchry is online now Click Here to See the Profile for ercchry Click here to Send ercchry a Private Message Visit ercchry's homepage! Find more posts by ercchry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shakalaka
WILSUU2

What I drive: SCUZEM3
Posts/Day: 0.76
Trader Rating: (56)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

Can see this going south real fast...

Old Post 05-11-2017 06:54 PM
shakalaka is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shakalaka Click here to Send shakalaka a Private Message Find more posts by shakalaka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
XylathaneGTR
First Gear

What I drive: got knocked the fuck out
Posts/Day: 0.19
Trader Rating: (3)

quote:

Originally posted by you&me

Am male living alone. Have cat.

Originally posted by scat19
I have a BMW so im not stupid.

Old Post 05-11-2017 07:13 PM
XylathaneGTR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for XylathaneGTR Click here to Send XylathaneGTR a Private Message Find more posts by XylathaneGTR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
max_boost
Beyond Bully

What I drive: nothing special :(
Posts/Day: 1.79
Trader Rating: (31)
User Rating: 123%

quote:

Originally posted by XylathaneGTR
Am male living alone. Have cat.

My cat is a good cat.

Old Post 05-11-2017 08:06 PM
max_boost is offline Click Here to See the Profile for max_boost Click here to Send max_boost a Private Message Find more posts by max_boost Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SportEL
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.16
Trader Rating: (24)

quote:

I'm male and I have a cat. The best thing is to get yours toilet trained like mine is.

Old Post 05-11-2017 08:16 PM
SportEL is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SportEL Click here to Send SportEL a Private Message Find more posts by SportEL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
killramos
Third Gear

What I drive: C63S
Posts/Day: 1.12
Trader Rating: (2)

quote:

My wife has a cat? Hes a complete shithead. But he's my shithead

Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.

Originally posted by Toma
fact.

Old Post 05-11-2017 08:20 PM
killramos is offline Click Here to See the Profile for killramos Click here to Send killramos a Private Message Find more posts by killramos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cjblair
Second Gear

What I drive: Jap V8
Posts/Day: 0.53
Trader Rating: (5)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

Originally posted by ercchry

And 98% of them are forever alone without a female in the house

So what subset of the 2% is like me and picked a woman smart enough to not get a cat?

Old Post 05-11-2017 08:57 PM
cjblair is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cjblair Click here to Send cjblair a Private Message Find more posts by cjblair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JfuckinC
Second Gear

What I drive: CRF450R, Ram 1500
Posts/Day: 0.39
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 96%

quote:

Sweet, my GF and her cat are moving in this weekend lol

Old Post 05-11-2017 09:06 PM
JfuckinC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JfuckinC Click here to Send JfuckinC a Private Message Find more posts by JfuckinC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
msommers
Fourth Gear

What I drive: 10' 4Runner SR5
Posts/Day: 1.39
Trader Rating: (44)

quote:

I'm totally a cat person but our cat, despite most of the time pissing in her litterbox, decided every once in awhile that she'd piss wherever she liked - especially the carpet. Reason #1 to not let pets in a rental.

Reason#2: Upon ownership of my condo I ripped out the entire flooring, industrially sealed the cement and put brand new flooring down. There will never be an animal in that house so help me God!

Old Post 05-11-2017 10:14 PM
msommers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msommers Click here to Send msommers a Private Message Find more posts by msommers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 05:18 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Real Estate / Finance > Is this reasonable wear and tear?

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: