Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Society / Law / Current Events / Politics > Should Cambodia pay back the US?

Author
Thread
ZenOps
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.08
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 99%

Should Cambodia pay back the US? quote:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/02/...-debt.html?_r=0

$274 million was loaned to Cambodia to buy mostly food staples "rice, wheat, oil and cotton."

Under standard interest rates, Cambodia now owes the US about $506 million.

Cambodia was roughly bombed the same as North Korea (US dropped approximately 500,000 tons of conventional explosives within Eastern Cambodia)

Trump seems to be fine with not charging for military services rendered, but seems to be unwilling to forgive the price of food assistance offered. Should Trump impose trade restrictions if debts are not paid?

Last edited by ZenOps on 05-12-2017 at 02:10 AM

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-12-2017 02:06 AM
ZenOps is online now Click Here to See the Profile for ZenOps Click here to Send ZenOps a Private Message Find more posts by ZenOps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

bourge73
First Gear

What I drive: The Planet Car, Expedition, Maxima
Posts/Day: 0.27
Trader Rating: (35)
User Rating: 94%

Re: Should Cambodia pay back the US? quote:

Originally posted by ZenOps
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/02/...-debt.html?_r=0

$274 million was loaned to Cambodia to buy mostly food staples "rice, wheat, oil and cotton."

Under standard interest rates, Cambodia now owes the US about $506 million.

Cambodia was roughly bombed the same as North Korea (US dropped approximately 500,000 tons of conventional explosives within Eastern Cambodia)

Trump seems to be fine with not charging for military services rendered, but seems to be unwilling to forgive the price of food assistance offered. Should Trump impose trade restrictions if debts are not paid?

Or would that be North Vietnam ?

A Ferrari is a high maintenance chick, you spend money regardless of what you do with her. You can baby the C63, or slap on all seasons, and you won't be spending anything but yearly maintenance. Of course that's like dating a stripper and refusing to fuck her, which would make you gay.

Originally posted by Rage2

Old Post 05-12-2017 02:17 AM
bourge73 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bourge73 Click here to Send bourge73 a Private Message Find more posts by bourge73 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
born2workoncars

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.01
Trader Rating: (1)

quote:

I think after agent orange nobody owes the USA shit

Old Post 05-12-2017 02:42 AM
born2workoncars is online now Click Here to See the Profile for born2workoncars Click here to Send born2workoncars a Private Message Find more posts by born2workoncars Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Xtrema
Sixth Gear

What I drive: 2016 MB C450
Posts/Day: 1.54
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

I don't know if it's smart or dumb to ask for this under Trump presidency.

On one hand, I'm pretty sure if Trump does forgive the debt, Kushner will probably get prime spots in all development opportunities in the country as pay back.

Kind of like Kushner got tons of EB-5 projects pitching at Chinese to invest in exchange for US citizenship.
http://www.reuters.com/article/chin...r-idUSL4N1I902K

Old Post 05-12-2017 04:56 PM
Xtrema is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Xtrema Click here to Send Xtrema a Private Message Find more posts by Xtrema Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ZenOps
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.08
Trader Rating: (0)

quote:

Its strange, there are so many Asian nations that were conventionally bombed with roughly 500,000 tons of explosives after WWII (of course Japan got the two nukes)

Its almost like the US had all these bombs that they had no use for and they started to expire, so they just started killing off Asians? Some got Napalmed along with it, others Chemical (Agent Orange) yet others got landmined. Its like the US got handed down a hammer and nail (aircraft carriers and bombs) and the first thing they did was try to find two boards to bang together.

The US was synonymous with quality in Asia in the 50's to 70's because all the deadliest civilian killing bombs and landmines had on US flags on them? I believe it.

Old Post 05-12-2017 09:27 PM
ZenOps is online now Click Here to See the Profile for ZenOps Click here to Send ZenOps a Private Message Find more posts by ZenOps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 04:05 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Society / Law / Current Events / Politics > Should Cambodia pay back the US?

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: