Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Society / Law / Current Events / Politics > Deerfoot Trail Dangerous Driving Incident

Author
Thread
01RedDX
Third Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.58
Trader Rating: (22)
User Rating: 100%

Deerfoot Trail Dangerous Driving Incident quote:

CPS is seeking witnesses.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-12-2017 07:30 PM
01RedDX is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 01RedDX Click here to Send 01RedDX a Private Message Find more posts by 01RedDX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

eglove
Third Gear

What I drive: fiesta
Posts/Day: 0.93
Trader Rating: (128)
User Rating: 94%

quote:

Holy, was pretty mundane until the end there

Old Post 05-12-2017 07:42 PM
eglove is offline Click Here to See the Profile for eglove Click here to Send eglove a Private Message Find more posts by eglove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
benz_890
First Gear

What I drive: VTAKK
Posts/Day: 0.14
Trader Rating: (13)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

The media could not be played.

Old Post 05-12-2017 07:50 PM
benz_890 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for benz_890 Click here to Send benz_890 a Private Message Find more posts by benz_890 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JfuckinC
Second Gear

What I drive: CRF450R, Ram 1500
Posts/Day: 0.38
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 96%

quote:

Originally posted by benz_890
The media could not be played.

Happens to me on my work computer..

Yah that was weird though, like the dodge was blocking the lexus(?) because he musta been going slow in the fast lane?

Old Post 05-12-2017 07:58 PM
JfuckinC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JfuckinC Click here to Send JfuckinC a Private Message Find more posts by JfuckinC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hallowed_point
Third Gear

What I drive: J35Y2
Posts/Day: 1.26
User Rating: 99%

quote:

That was an interesting maneuver. It should make everyone think twice as far as how we behave on the roads these days as a lot of cars are running dash cams. What bothers me though is how someone's edited footage can make someone look like a nut when we don't get to see everything that led up to it prior.

Old Post 05-12-2017 08:00 PM
Hallowed_point is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hallowed_point Click here to Send Hallowed_point a Private Message Find more posts by Hallowed_point Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sexualbanana
Second Gear

What I drive: Altima Se-R
Posts/Day: 0.39
Trader Rating: (7)

quote:

Originally posted by Hallowed_point
That was an interesting maneuver. It should make everyone think twice as far as how we behave on the roads these days as a lot of cars are running dash cams. What bothers me though is how someone's edited footage can make someone look like a nut when we don't get to see everything that led up to it prior.

Dash cams face forward so it's unlikely anything relevant was recorded beforehand

Old Post 05-12-2017 08:07 PM
sexualbanana is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sexualbanana Click here to Send sexualbanana a Private Message Visit sexualbanana's homepage! Find more posts by sexualbanana Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dj_patm
Neutral

What I drive: 2013 Genesis Coupe
Posts/Day: 0.05
Trader Rating: (0)

quote:

People on this god damn continent.

They CANNOT be inconvenienced by 2 minutes to take the next exit and loop back. Okay so lets say he doesn't get on to Glenmore there, God Forbid he goes through Deerfoot meadows and hits Blackfoot to Glenmore. That adds what, maybe 3-5 minutes to his route?

Instead they ALWAYS have to cut across, slam on their brakes, swerve or whatever it takes to get to their preferred route, safety be damned.

Fucking unbelievable.

Old Post 05-12-2017 08:22 PM
dj_patm is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dj_patm Click here to Send dj_patm a Private Message Find more posts by dj_patm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
quick_scar
First Gear

What I drive: Has either 2 or 4 wheels
Posts/Day: 0.12
Trader Rating: (16)
User Rating: 94%

quote:

Originally posted by dj_patm

They CANNOT be inconvenienced by 2 minutes to take the next exit and loop back. Okay so lets say he doesn't get on to Glenmore there, God Forbid he goes through Deerfoot meadows and hits Blackfoot to Glenmore. That adds what, maybe 3-5 minutes to his route?

Instead they ALWAYS have to cut across, slam on their brakes, swerve or whatever it takes to get to their preferred route, safety be damned.

Fucking unbelievable.

Pretty sure this was not just a missed exit but rather road rage between the truck and car. That is why the cops are interested in speaking with the drivers.

Old Post 05-12-2017 08:24 PM
quick_scar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for quick_scar Click here to Send quick_scar a Private Message Find more posts by quick_scar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hallowed_point
Third Gear

quote:

Originally posted by dj_patm

Fucking unbelievable.

I see this all the time on the glenmore to 14th street exit. Yep, slam on the brakes and swerve over to the exit while hopefully not hitting anyone.

Old Post 05-12-2017 08:29 PM
Hallowed_point is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hallowed_point Click here to Send Hallowed_point a Private Message Find more posts by Hallowed_point Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nufy
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.13
Trader Rating: (10)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Meh....

Looks like a standard Tuesday afternoon to me...

Old Post 05-12-2017 08:34 PM
Nufy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nufy Click here to Send Nufy a Private Message Find more posts by Nufy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
btimbit
Second Gear

What I drive: '16 Turbo VW
Posts/Day: 0.52

quote:

So basically the police are looking to speak with anyone that's driven on Deerfoot, ever

Old Post 05-12-2017 08:39 PM
btimbit is offline Click Here to See the Profile for btimbit Click here to Send btimbit a Private Message Find more posts by btimbit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tik-Tok
Cowboy Hunter

What I drive: Japanese functionality, Swedish style.
Posts/Day: 1.54
Trader Rating: (12)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

Originally posted by Hallowed_point

I see this all the time on the glenmore to 14th street exit. Yep, slam on the brakes and swerve over to the exit while hopefully not hitting anyone.

"Good ruck everybody else!"

Old Post 05-12-2017 08:53 PM
Tik-Tok is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Tik-Tok Click here to Send Tik-Tok a Private Message Find more posts by Tik-Tok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Xtrema
Sixth Gear

What I drive: 2016 MB C450
Posts/Day: 1.54
Trader Rating: (4)

quote:

This Lexus style exit happened to me once on Crowchild. You guess it, FOBs.

How long before we should hand driving exam back to the government bodies instead of private for profit instructors.

Old Post 05-12-2017 09:07 PM
Xtrema is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Xtrema Click here to Send Xtrema a Private Message Find more posts by Xtrema Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chester
Second Gear

What I drive: fuel efficient gas guzzler
Posts/Day: 0.30
Trader Rating: (13)

quote:

Guessing the dodge and lexus were road raging against each other before they even came into the frame of the dashcam.

Dear Sriracha Sauce, you're the only thing with a cock on it that I want in my mouth.

Old Post 05-12-2017 09:18 PM
Chester is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chester Click here to Send Chester a Private Message Find more posts by Chester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
revelations
Third Gear

What I drive: 2g Eclipse / EP3
Posts/Day: 0.99
Trader Rating: (5)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

This was a road rage incident - both parties at to blame and should be slapped.

Old Post 05-12-2017 09:19 PM
revelations is offline Click Here to See the Profile for revelations Click here to Send revelations a Private Message Find more posts by revelations Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ercchry
Fifth Gear

What I drive: E90M3 510 Wagon
Posts/Day: 1.51
Trader Rating: (6)

quote:

Have you guys never played "escape the roid raging hick in the ram" before?

The Lexus was on D for sure, notice how he was content when he thought the ram was exiting Deerfoot, then the ram cut back in, so he dipped out last second to end the battle, also notice how he slowed right down before committing to glenmore to make sure the ram wouldn't be able to follow

Old Post 05-12-2017 09:27 PM
ercchry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ercchry Click here to Send ercchry a Private Message Visit ercchry's homepage! Find more posts by ercchry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Swank
Neutral

What I drive: 2007 Civic Si
Posts/Day: 0.08
Trader Rating: (8)

quote:

Originally posted by Chester
Guessing the dodge and lexus were road raging against each other before they even came into the frame of the dashcam.

Looked to be the case to me too, once you re-watch it with that in mind it's a whole different video.

Old Post 05-12-2017 09:28 PM
Swank is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Swank Click here to Send Swank a Private Message Find more posts by Swank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tirebob
Forum Sponsor

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.39
Trader Rating: (33)

quote:

I was going to say it looks like the Lexus is trying to avoid confrontation with the truck... At least at the point everything comes into the dash cam. His cross over at the end looks like he is trying to escape... Not just take an exit.

Old Post 05-12-2017 09:37 PM
tirebob is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tirebob Click here to Send tirebob a Private Message Find more posts by tirebob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
max_boost
Beyond Bully

What I drive: nothing special :(
Posts/Day: 1.79
Trader Rating: (31)
User Rating: 123%

quote:

lol wow.

Old Post 05-12-2017 09:46 PM
max_boost is offline Click Here to See the Profile for max_boost Click here to Send max_boost a Private Message Find more posts by max_boost Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hallowed_point
Third Gear

quote:

Ram owners are a whole nother level from my experience. Sorry, the 1500 is not meant for drag racing stock. They're no slouches but man, a lot of the owners are crazy around here. I'm biased against ram owners. Something about that hemi just makes the owners do crazy sh*t I find. Fun passing them though

Old Post 05-12-2017 10:06 PM
The time now is 04:10 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Society / Law / Current Events / Politics > Deerfoot Trail Dangerous Driving Incident

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: