Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Computers, Consoles, and other Electronics > How many paid apps on your phone and/or tablet?

Author
Thread
speedog
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.66
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 104%

How many paid apps on your phone and/or tablet? quote:

I wonder how many paid apps (man, I hate that word) people have on their phones and/or tablets.

I have exactly one, the Geocaching.com application, and I have renewed my premium subscription there annually for a few years now as it's a hobby of mine that I quite enjoy.

No other application (program) has even come remotely close to have me pay for it and I could probably do geocaching without their program on my phone but it just makes things a bit easier than using their web site on my phone.

So what paid apps do y'all have and how many?

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-13-2017 03:30 PM
speedog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for speedog Click here to Send speedog a Private Message Find more posts by speedog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Tik-Tok
Cowboy Hunter

What I drive: Japanese functionality, Swedish style.
Posts/Day: 1.54
Trader Rating: (12)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

I think I've paid for 4 apps since first owning a smartphone. The only one I can remember at the moment is Textra, becauae my native messaging app's sucked balls.

Old Post 05-13-2017 03:42 PM
Tik-Tok is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tik-Tok Click here to Send Tik-Tok a Private Message Find more posts by Tik-Tok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shakalaka
WILSUU2

What I drive: SCUZEM3
Posts/Day: 0.76
Trader Rating: (56)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

None I think. Very rarely have I paid for an app or spent money for in app purchases. And when I have it's been for stupid spur of the moment for some random games. Never more than $5 in any given time though.

Old Post 05-13-2017 03:46 PM
shakalaka is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shakalaka Click here to Send shakalaka a Private Message Find more posts by shakalaka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rage2

What I drive: Ricer SUV, Lexus Coupe in Mid Life Crisis Orange
Posts/Day: 1.11
Trader Rating: (25)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

I have a handful of work ones that I paid for. The kids OTOH...

We're all paying anyways, with user data being sold and ads. Nothing is really free.

Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Old Post 05-13-2017 04:19 PM
rage2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rage2 Click here to Send rage2 a Private Message Visit rage2's homepage! Find more posts by rage2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The_Penguin
Neutral

What I drive: '10 CTS
Posts/Day: 0.11

quote:

Hmm, other than Blue Iris, I can't think of one I've paid for.

Old Post 05-13-2017 04:41 PM
The_Penguin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for The_Penguin Click here to Send The_Penguin a Private Message Find more posts by The_Penguin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
eglove
Third Gear

What I drive: fiesta
Posts/Day: 0.93
Trader Rating: (128)
User Rating: 94%

quote:

Bloons TD5 is the only one haha

Old Post 05-13-2017 04:48 PM
eglove is offline Click Here to See the Profile for eglove Click here to Send eglove a Private Message Find more posts by eglove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jacky4566
First Gear

What I drive: is broken
Posts/Day: 0.21
Trader Rating: (7)
User Rating: 94%

quote:

Only paid for Motion-x GPS and tetris back before EA ruined it haha.

Old Post 05-13-2017 05:34 PM
jacky4566 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jacky4566 Click here to Send jacky4566 a Private Message Find more posts by jacky4566 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
D'z Nutz
Super Moderator

What I drive: Southerners out of the North
Posts/Day: 0.99
Trader Rating: (122)
User Rating: 111%

quote:

I've only paid for two apps: a workout app which I don't even use any more and Swype, which was eventually replaced with the Google keyboard when that functionality became native to it.

I also paid the Whatsapp subscription for a couple years before it became free.

I've got like $16 in Google credits from doing those surveys and I can't even find any apps to spend it on.

Old Post 05-13-2017 05:37 PM
D'z Nutz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for D'z Nutz Click here to Send D'z Nutz a Private Message Visit D'z Nutz's homepage! Find more posts by D'z Nutz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dj_rice
owned by an '08 n00b! LOL

What I drive: 93 240sx SE, 02 Pathfinder LE
Posts/Day: 1.18
Trader Rating: (34)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

I paid for 2. Shazam and SwiftKey. Only cause they are daily used apps and were on sale $0.99

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

Old Post 05-13-2017 06:28 PM
dj_rice is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dj_rice Click here to Send dj_rice a Private Message Find more posts by dj_rice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
killramos
Third Gear

What I drive: C63S
Posts/Day: 1.12
User Rating: 100%

quote:

I bought the tomtom app back in the day for like 30 bucks. Lifetime updates.

Have made great use of it over the years.

Aside from that not much... I really hate the subscription apps i would rather pay one price personally.

Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.

Originally posted by Toma
fact.

Old Post 05-13-2017 06:35 PM
killramos is online now Click Here to See the Profile for killramos Click here to Send killramos a Private Message Find more posts by killramos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Twin_Cam_Turbo
Fourth Gear

What I drive: VA WRX, EK Civic
Posts/Day: 1.89
Trader Rating: (8)

quote:

Maybe 2 or 3 on my iPhone.

Old Post 05-13-2017 06:58 PM
Twin_Cam_Turbo is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Twin_Cam_Turbo Click here to Send Twin_Cam_Turbo a Private Message Find more posts by Twin_Cam_Turbo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
schocker
Fifth Gear

What I drive: Euro Accord Brah
Posts/Day: 1.46
Trader Rating: (1)

quote:

Last pass, torque, motorsport manager, street food calgary, bunch of other games, a few keyboards etc.

Old Post 05-13-2017 07:12 PM
schocker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for schocker Click here to Send schocker a Private Message Visit schocker's homepage! Find more posts by schocker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CompletelyNumb
First Gear

What I drive: Ford F150
Posts/Day: 0.17

quote:

For the App itself, torque pro and nine email (fuck you exchange mail).

In the app? Maybe a dozen more for a few bucks.

Old Post 05-13-2017 08:11 PM
CompletelyNumb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CompletelyNumb Click here to Send CompletelyNumb a Private Message Find more posts by CompletelyNumb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hallowed_point
Third Gear

What I drive: J35Y2
Posts/Day: 1.26

quote:

Zero.

Old Post 05-15-2017 03:28 PM
Hallowed_point is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hallowed_point Click here to Send Hallowed_point a Private Message Find more posts by Hallowed_point Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
never
FKA no|uno

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.16
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

I've only ever paid for 2 apps...and one was for the wife's business on her iPad.

Old Post 05-15-2017 04:47 PM
never is offline Click Here to See the Profile for never Click here to Send never a Private Message Find more posts by never Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
benyl
Hayan Namja

What I drive: One from Affalterbach and Dearborn
Posts/Day: 1.64
Trader Rating: (22)
User Rating: 250%

quote:

Apple Music, iCloud.

Old Post 05-15-2017 04:53 PM
benyl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for benyl Click here to Send benyl a Private Message Find more posts by benyl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NoPulp
First Gear

What I drive: 1994 Mustang, 2007 F150, 2004 Mustang GT
Posts/Day: 0.92

quote:

I've never paid for an app and I've only spent like $10 on an in app purchases.

1994 Mustang - 4.2 V6 swap w/M112 Supercharger Build Thread
2004 Mustang GT - Track Build Thread

Old Post 05-15-2017 04:57 PM
NoPulp is offline Click Here to See the Profile for NoPulp Click here to Send NoPulp a Private Message Find more posts by NoPulp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
R154
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.27
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Electrical calculations pro, Swift text, F1 app, a couple other apps that I dont use (work) anymore.

Originally posted by ZenOps
I say we slow down the spinning of the earth so that there is 25 hours in the day.

Join me.

Old Post 05-15-2017 05:35 PM
R154 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for R154 Click here to Send R154 a Private Message Find more posts by R154 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Swank
Neutral

What I drive: 2007 Civic Si
Posts/Day: 0.08
Trader Rating: (8)

quote:

Probably ~5, but never paid with cash, I use the Google Opinion Rewards app and racked up about $20 in credit there in a year. Every few days it pops up with a 1-3 question survey about a place it thinks you've been, takes like 20 seconds to answer and you earn ~20-40 cents each time (more for longer surveys which are rare).

Old Post 05-15-2017 09:26 PM
Swank is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Swank Click here to Send Swank a Private Message Find more posts by Swank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave P
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.27
Trader Rating: (9)
User Rating: 96%

quote:

Back Country Navigator
AMA SX
Apple Music

Old Post 05-15-2017 09:30 PM
Dave P is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave P Click here to Send Dave P a Private Message Find more posts by Dave P Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 01:38 AM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Computers, Consoles, and other Electronics > How many paid apps on your phone and/or tablet?

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: