Quantcast
Car Detailing - Best bang for $ - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Car Detailing - Best bang for $

Question Car Detailing - Best bang for $

Looking to get my Honda Odyssey detailed out. Since it's a minivan and will get messy again faster than I would like (summer road trips + kids), I am looking for something at a reasonable cost. Don't mind paying if the quality is exceptional.

Have to sell this to the wife , otherwise I will have to do it and I just don't have the time or desire to do so, but it has to be done

Any suggestions/ recommendations in Calgary?
    Last edited by FamilyGuy; 05-14-2017 at 07:55 AM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I used to go to Johnny Rockets and another place in Crowfoot before they shut down, perfect interior and exterior quick clean to make things half ass presentable. Those places are gone now but Bubbles is around. Haven't been there but I'm guessing it's the same shit, cheap interior/exterior wash for around $50.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Default Re: Car Detailing - Best bang for $

Originally posted by FamilyGuy
    Looking to get my Honda Odyssey detailed out. Since it's a minivan and will get messy again faster than I would like (summer road trips + kids), I am looking for something at a reasonable cost. Don't mind paying if the quality is exceptional.

Have to sell this to the wife , otherwise I will have to do it and I just don't have the time or desire to do so, but it has to be done

Any suggestions/ recommendations in Calgary?
    Sell kids/wife?

My Ride
    958.2 Cayenne Diesel

Default Re: Re: Car Detailing - Best bang for $

Originally posted by speedog

Sell kids/wife?
    Bubbles does good work here.

But maybe try paying the kids to do it? haha
    Originally posted by arian_ma
    your stomach is full of sulfuric acid

Default Re: Re: Re: Car Detailing - Best bang for $

Oh I would, they are just too small..... few more years and I will have my own "Bubbles"

Originally posted by Neil4Speed

Bubbles does good work here.

But maybe try paying the kids to do it? haha

My Ride
    Pushbroom

Do it yourself? Even the most haggard ass minivan shouldn't take more than a Saturday.

My Ride
    958.2 Cayenne Diesel

Originally posted by Maxx Mazda
    Do it yourself? Even the most haggard ass minivan shouldn't take more than a Saturday.
    Honestly, I get where he is coming from... Sometimes its just worth it to have the time. I used to love cleaning my old cars, now I just want to take it somewhere, pay the $50 bucks and call it a day.
    Originally posted by arian_ma
    your stomach is full of sulfuric acid

My Ride
    Evo, civic

Top Gear car wash in the NW

My Ride
    Ram

i used a groupon with lux detail and they were amazing for my odyssey

Exactly.... gives you more time to spend on more important things in life - Family

Originally posted by Neil4Speed

Honestly, I get where he is coming from... Sometimes its just worth it to have the time. I used to love cleaning my old cars, now I just want to take it somewhere, pay the $50 bucks and call it a day.

Detailz is the best price/value I have found for a fully professional quality job. Careful with those groupons - lots of stories of vehicles coming back dirtier than they went in, or with damage. I get not wanting to slave over it for a whole day but if you're just after a $50 quick & dirty detail, you could probably do the same yourself in a half hour. You can also expect clear coat damage/swirls with all of the cheaper wash places but you may not care on the minivan.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I use Detailz myself, and agreed definitely the best price/value out there. But at 200-300 bucks I doubt that's what the OP is looking for since shit gets dirty quick.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

So I can skip over my "never use a company with a z in the name instead of an s" rule and use Detailz?

Originally posted by lasimmon
    So I can skip over my "never use a company with a z in the name instead of an s" rule and use Detailz?
    Myself or my family/friends have used them multiple times now with really good feedback. They have also found a way to go above and beyond almost every time. On my brother's car it was spending extra time getting huge amounts of stubborn sap off without extra charges, and on my car they used touch up paint to flawlessly cover up some scratches and chips on my old car. As for their detailing work it's as good as the places that cost way more, based on what I have seen anyway. So far so good, at least from where I'm sitting.

For a mini van you can probably skip the exterior detail and just do the inside, which for ~$200 I think is a good deal for what you get. Do that once or twice a year depending on how dirty the kids get it and you're probably good to go.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

I am going to be dropping my truck off at Top Gear car wash in the near future.

$130 for a wash, wax, and polish, and clean the interior as well for a full size truck. Hard to beat that in my eyes anyways.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Let's see before and after pics and discussion and then how happy you are. If that's even a halfway decent job, it's a great deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    For a mini van you can probably skip the exterior detail and just do the inside, which for ~$200 I think is a good deal for what you get. Do that once or twice a year depending on how dirty the kids get it and you're probably good to go.
    I'd say it's overkill, considering I've seen first hand how quickly kids destroy a minivan. The Detailz interior job is like a brand new car mint out of the showroom clean.

My Ride
    A4/Tundra

Originally posted by spikerS
    I am going to be dropping my truck off at Top Gear car wash in the near future.

$130 for a wash, wax, and polish, and clean the interior as well for a full size truck. Hard to beat that in my eyes anyways.
    I'd be really apprehensive to let anyone touch the exterior for $130. Hope it turns out man.

My Ride
    LNF

Originally posted by idriveabox

I'd be really apprehensive to let anyone touch the exterior for $130. Hope it turns out man.
    Something doesn't add up here.. Probably a quick orbital polish to the paint..

My Ride
    Parked in the Bike Lane

For that price, I hope they AREN'T doing any kind of polishing, jesus christ.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast